PDA

View Full Version : Fun in the midwest

SmokinLowriderSS
01-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, after 2" of sleet last weekend that didn't thaw but about half-way, we get 6 to 8" of nice snow yesterday.
Today one of the kids visits, gets her little car stuck coming in the driveway, but she's dug out now.
Neither truck will go anywhere, time to dig the driveway out. Any northerners (including canucks) who want to come visit and brings their snow blower will get a fine country home-cooked dinner for their efforts. :)
Did I mention the driveway is about 75 yards long (that's about 70 meters for the way-northers)? :jawdrop:
Time for breakfast, late.

hoolign
01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, after 2" of sleet last weekend that didn't thaw but about half-way, we get 6 to 8" of nice snow yesterday.
Today one of the kids visits, gets her little car stuck coming in the driveway, but she's dug out now.
Neither truck will go anywhere, time to dig the driveway out. Any northerners (including canucks) who want to come visit and brings their snow blower will get a fine country home-cooked dinner for their efforts. :)
Did I mention the driveway is about 75 yards long (that's about 70 meters for the way-northers)? :jawdrop:
Time for breakfast, late.
Screw the snowblower! Bobcat makes a nice 773 for that shit! :D I'll trade ya driveways... 1/2 mile :D

Troy McClure
01-21-2007, 10:25 AM
My driveway is about 25' long and its about 60 deg. out. I have to go pick up those throw away papers up off the driveway now. DAMN this winter!!

SmokinLowriderSS
01-21-2007, 11:10 AM
I think the wannabe son-in law MIGHT just be allowed to stick arround. He & I just went thru about 100 feet of it, still with about 150' to go, we came in for hot cocoa (mine with special anti-freeze additive). :D
It's 33* here, and we are sweating our asses off shoveling just a bit over a truck width. Wet, heavy, sticky snow.
Afterward we shovel the 100' or so horeshoe front drive to the front door.
The main drive is "J" shaped along the house and to the garage on the end, the horseshoe is on the side of the main drive.
Does the bobcat come with chains? You'd need 'em on the 2" slab of slickum under the snow. :D

uselessgrant
01-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Got 6'' north of kc here. but my drive only had 3/4 inch of ice to chip up after i moved the heavy ass wet snow. me and my 4 y/o daughter had fun though. got the sled out. [the old rail type that my dad just redone from when i was a kid] and i pulled around the drive and slung her into a snowbank .. good times.:D

Ken F
01-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Here in SW Missouri it stared icing a week ago Friday afternoon, and by 6 pm that night, we were out of power. By 7 large branches were snapping off the trees. By the time we got outside, the boat had four 4-6" branches on it. We hurridly uncovered it, and hauled it over to my dads house as he has no trees in his front yard. All night, it sounded like a war zone with limbs snapping off the trees and falling to the ground and onto the roof of the house. The whole little town has been pretty much in survival mode, neighbors helping neighbors and taking each other in to keep warm.
It's been 8 days of no power now. We live on an acre with lots of trees. It reminds me of a picture of the damage in WW2 when I look out the window.
Whole trees so heavy with ice that they fell over and pulled up the roots.
Ken F

SmokinLowriderSS
01-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Missouri took it hard in last weekends ice storm. We got sleet here, just like snow but ice-balls instead, no build up on stuff like 2 years ago.
You guys got the freezing rain, and it made, by the reports I heard, 2" of ice!. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: All kinds of NOT GOOD.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, done for the day, screw the rest. The main drive is dug out, and I am tired. Taking a dose of my medication, Fukitall.
I also dug out 1/2 of the front horseshoe, people can get where they need to go tomorow.
I am calling in and relaxing tomorow, will dig the last 70' of the horseshoe out tomorow while on emergency vacation.
Hooli, you can keep your 1/2 mile of driveway. :D Fuk that. :D

Wet Dream
01-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I say you're full of crap and you don't have the pics to prove it. ;)