PDA

View Full Version : First African American coaches in the Super Bowl

jbone
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Why is it such a big deal with everyone?
In a day and age when we are trying to get away from color making us different it seems to only be okay to mention color as a distiguinshing factor when it is positive.
I have nothing against either coach, but do we want to look at them for their color or talents?
I bet this year we will finally see the first African American coach to win the big game. Just a hunch.
J

boatnam2
01-21-2007, 07:40 PM
its cracks me up the media,they ask both coaches will there ever be a day there is no black and white,but everything question they ask is about or black or white.

Kilrtoy
01-21-2007, 07:46 PM
WHO cares what color they are, Does being black make them handicap or something... I do understand

cc322
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I dont get it either, why must they always say the things they say, cant it just be two great coaches, going on to the superbowl?.:confused: Does anyone remember when Morgan Freeman was asked about black history? Freemans response was there is no black history just American History. Classic guy Mr Freeman is. Thats how it all should be.

Racey
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I like how Morgan Freeman put it, if you want to stop racism you stop calling me a black man, and i'll stop calling you a white man...
don't quote me but it was something to that affect
If people keep bringing up color as an issue, it always will be one.

ratso
01-21-2007, 08:42 PM
396... Paging 396... Come in 396...:D

jbone
01-22-2007, 03:42 AM
I'm glad to see I'm not alone.
J

2Driver
01-22-2007, 07:38 AM
its cracks me up the media,they ask both coaches will there ever be a day there is no black and white,but everything question they ask is about or black or white.
Those media crackers
:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-22-2007, 07:59 AM
It does show how far we have come as a society. There has been professional football for nearly 100 years and this is the first time this has happened. That's why it is a big deal. But now that it has happened, I hope they quit mentioning what color coaches (or any Americans) are. It should be irrelevant.

AZJD
01-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Everyone makes a big deal of this and we continue to wonder why racism is so bad. Leave it alone, let the coach be aknowledged for his ability to coach! Who cares what color he is. Th media is digging for a story.
Tony Dungy even said yesterday that he would like to get to a time when it is not mentioned..... Good luck with that! Lovie Smith made it a point to recognize it because it has never been done before. If the african american coaches want to be accepted for there accomplishment then quit pointing out the fact that they are black and move the attention towards the fact that they are as a team reaching the playoffs.
Racism will go away if we all just let it! I cannot wait until we have a strong black candidate for president....the media will lose it's mind with all the story potential there!

OKIE-JET
01-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Two great coaches with strong strategy skills....what else? The fact thet there black has nothin to do with the fact that there extremely good strategists and mighty fine motivators, as teams they have done well.

Baja Big Dog
01-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Almost sounds like we are supposed to be surprised the two Black coaches could pull this thing off!!!
Id be pissed if I were them:mad:

RiverToysJas
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
What's next, A woman President? :eek: If so....I hope she's black too! :wink:
RTJas :D

Ziggy
01-22-2007, 08:45 AM
I never really realized Dungy was an African/American until a few weeks a go with the media hype...........I just thought he was a pretty good coach all along.

Not So Fast
01-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Those media crackers
:D
So who knows where the term "cracker" came from?? :idea: NSF

Big Warlock
01-22-2007, 10:11 AM
It does show how far we have come as a society. There has been professional football for nearly 100 years and this is the first time this has happened. That's why it is a big deal. But now that it has happened, I hope they quit mentioning what color coaches (or any Americans) are. It should be irrelevant.
Are you new???? Black population is ony 12% of the total makeup! That's why it hasn"t happened. I don't think it's a big deal. It is what it is. But everyone makes it a big deal.
When will a Chinese person be a head coach in the NFL??? :D No one seems too worried about that!

RiverToysJas
01-22-2007, 10:11 AM
The white slave owners & drivers would crack a whip at the slaves. Hence they came to be known among the slaves as "crackers".
RTJas

a catered life
01-22-2007, 10:17 AM
this issue just shows how many always want to stir up shit:mad: .......while a real football fan wouldn't even care about color the media is busy trying to make their interviews sound more instresting by playing the race card:idea: ... i guess when a white guy breaks the world record for the 40 yard dash we should make a issue of that:confused: ....something real funny similiar to this happen this weekend....we were up north on a business/pleasure and had dinner with a group of older white couples and while discussing our personal instrest boating came up and two of the ladies dam near fell out of their chairs:sqeyes: to see them try to fix their faces was priceless:D dam some of us do like the water and heat:D

BowTie Rick
01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Actually Dungy sort of blew off the reporter. He said, yes, I am proud, yadda yadda then quickly changed the subject and said the win was for the people and fans of Indy. To me that was class. I interpreted it as saying race is irrelevant, the team and fans are what matter.

ratso
01-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Actually Dungy sort of blew off the reporter. He said, yes, I am proud, yadda yadda then quickly changed the subject and said the win was for the people and fans of Indy. To me that was class. I interpreted it as saying race is irrelevant, the team and fans are what matter.
Dungy is a stand up guy... bottom line.;)

eliminatedsprinter
01-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I do. In the antebellum south, it was the term used for the man who's job it was to whip the slaves.:(

DCBob
01-22-2007, 10:39 AM
:jawdrop: So who knows where the term "cracker" came from?? :idea: NSF
Nabisco?:rolleyes: :D

a catered life
01-22-2007, 10:42 AM
your right he did a great job of playing down the situition:D and keeping it focused on the fans and the team

eliminatedsprinter
01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Tony Dungee is black!! :2purples: Who else are they going to say is black?? Herman Edwards? William? Diane? You?:eek:;)

TheLurker
01-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Ah, So what. Why is their race an issue ? IMHO, the people who always bring up the issue are the deviceive ones.
Scoreboard says these 2 coaches are the best qualified to be there. Nothing else needs be added.