PDA

View Full Version : I forgot...

Throttle
01-21-2007, 10:52 PM
How much it sucks to tow a boat back to CA... I have been spoiled!

EAZYKILLER2006
01-21-2007, 11:02 PM
yea i hear ya, we just got in town a bit ago also, and brought our boat back...hubby is having dallas from al and ed's do some stuff to the boat...they hooked up the rhino...lol we will be back in havi next weekend to tow the boat back...it really sucks! didnt think our truck was going to make it...we never bring it to cali...good seein ya at the run
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/Nandospicsboatdday037.jpg

shockwaveharry
01-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Back in the old days, half the fun for me was towing the boat out to the River, thinking everyone was checking my boat out the way I always checked all the other boats out. Now it's just a pain in the ass draging the boat accross the desert.
I still act like a kid every time I see a cool boat being towed down the road though! :D

Throttle
01-21-2007, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=EAZYKILLER2006;2350380]yea i hear ya, we just got in town a bit ago also, and brought our boat back...hubby is having dallas from al and ed's do some stuff to the boat...they hooked up the rhino...lol we will be back in havi next weekend to tow the boat back...it really sucks! didnt think our truck was going to make it...we never bring it to cali...good seein ya at the run
did you get inspected before needles for zebra mussels? WTF?

Throttle
01-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Back in the old days, half the fun for me was towing the boat out to the River, thinking everyone was checking my boat out the way I always checked all the other boats out. Now it's just a pain in the ass draging the boat accross the desert.
I still act like a kid every time I see a cool boat being towed down the road though! :D
and an extra hour to da drive... :mad:

Kilrtoy
01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
So true, But gas was under a dollar and alot of us had alot smaller boat....
I still can't believe I did that for all those years

EAZYKILLER2006
01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=EAZYKILLER2006;2350380]yea i hear ya, we just got in town a bit ago also, and brought our boat back...hubby is having dallas from al and ed's do some stuff to the boat...they hooked up the rhino...lol we will be back in havi next weekend to tow the boat back...it really sucks! didnt think our truck was going to make it...we never bring it to cali...good seein ya at the run
did you get inspected before needles for zebra muscles? WTF?
yea huh wtf was that about...SOME scarry shait... so DOES havi water got some kind of cooties? :( lol...

Throttle
01-21-2007, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=Throttle;2350384]
yea huh wtf was that about...SOME scarry shait... so DOES havi water got some kind of cooties? :( lol...
they gave me something to read, i thought i should wait till i was done drivin to read it... bumped another thread though about it for ya...

EAZYKILLER2006
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=EAZYKILLER2006;2350390]
they gave me something to read, i thought i should wait till i was done drivin to read it... bumped another thread though about it for ya...
lol yea i saw that:) i was just checking it out on line~ thanks

Throttle
01-22-2007, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Throttle;2350392]
lol yea i saw that:) i was just checking it out on line~ thanks
:devil:

Mrs.Racer277
01-22-2007, 08:08 AM
I hate towing :mad: Yes, we are spoiled :D

Baja Big Dog
01-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Your really showing your age...yea those were the days, running across Rice Road, Coors between your legs, a little Jimmy Hindrix on the ole 8 track...man we are really spoiled now!
But then my 21ft Beismeier was the king of the river!!:sqeyes:

Windy
01-22-2007, 08:46 AM
I hate towing :mad: Yes, we are spoiled :D
Yes you are Princess Dia. ;)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Last time I towed my boat back I got 4 flat tires on my trailer. Turns out I hate Carlisle tires. They were always inside so I figured they were great still. The dude in needles told me they are good for only three years in or out period.
It took 14 hours to get to Havasu and it was hot!!! Everytime I got a flat I was in a dead cell area!!!! I will put in on a flat bed before I tow again.

Ziggy
01-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Towing sucks the most when you are in a hurry......or on a timeline.

Mrs.Racer277
01-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Yes you are Princess Dia. ;)
LOL
When are you going to be back in Havi? We are going back this weekend to ride with the Pixies.

Sigus
01-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Last time I towed my boat back I got 4 flat tires on my trailer. Turns out I hate Carlisle tires. They were always inside so I figured they were great still. The dude in needles told me they are good for only three years in or out period.
It took 14 hours to get to Havasu and it was hot!!! Everytime I got a flat I was in a dead cell area!!!! I will put in on a flat bed before I tow again.
I have Carlisle's on mine, looks like I will need to change them out prior to taking it on a long trip.
What did you replace yours with?

h2oski2fast
01-22-2007, 10:08 AM
The biggest problem with blowing tire, especially when it's hot out, is impropper tire inflation. I tire down on air, even when you can't tell, causes excessive heat...... couple that with the extra hot summer days and it's recipe for a blow out. Most blow outs are caused by under inflated tires. Not saying this was your problem, but happens all the time. After 20 years of towing to the river, I've only had one tire blow out, and never had a wheel bearing let go. Preventative maintenance is the key!

Throttle
01-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I have heard the carlisle stories and trust me it was a concern... I only tow back to CA once a year, I believe the heat of the summer has lots to do with it too (as stated also). I do not like to let things sit too long either...:)

phebus
01-22-2007, 10:24 AM
The biggest problem with blowing tire, especially when it's hot out, is impropper tire inflation.
I'm so broke, I can't afford air. :D

trailerpark_tj
01-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Were you towing on Irvine Blvd this morning at around 6:45 a.m?
I thought that looked like your boat.

Throttle
01-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Were you towing on Irvine Blvd this morning at around 6:45 a.m?
I thought that looked like your boat.
yep, on my way to fire station... how you guys been?

Wicked Performance Boats
01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
They 're probably checking for zebra mussels cause they made it to lake mead and they 're trying to stop them. actually they 're not zebra mussels but from the same mussel family. Budlight

Holland
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
yea i hear ya, we just got in town a bit ago also, and brought our boat back...hubby is having dallas from al and ed's do some stuff to the boat...they hooked up the rhino...lol we will be back in havi next weekend to tow the boat back...it really sucks! didnt think our truck was going to make it...we never bring it to cali...good seein ya at the run
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/Nandospicsboatdday037.jpg
Dallas and Will over there are the shiznit...
They even fix the crapola I installed and made it nice!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

EAZYKILLER2006
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Dallas and Will over there are the shiznit...
They even fix the crapola I installed and made it nice!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
yea i just found out dallas needs the boat for 2 weeks ...guess we are back in for this weekend in glamis...i saw leos boat getting the hook uphttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/Jan20thrun001.jpg...when we picked up our rhino...boat looks good!!!! ...hubby said he saw dave getting his rhino hooked up today at al and eds, when he dropped off the boat...

EAZYKILLER2006
01-22-2007, 07:14 PM
They 're probably checking for zebra mussels cause they made it to lake mead and they 're trying to stop them. actually they 're not zebra mussels but from the same mussel family. Budlight
thats no the budlight family...its them silver bullets;)

boatnam2
01-22-2007, 07:14 PM
yea i just found out dallas needs the boat for 2 weeks ...guess we are back in for this weekend in glamis...i saw leos boat getting the hook uphttp://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/eazykiller2006/Jan20thrun001.jpg...when we picked up our rhino...boat looks good!!!! ...hubby said he saw dave getting his rhino hooked up today at al and eds, when he dropped off the boat...
is this al and eds in ontario?

EAZYKILLER2006
01-22-2007, 07:15 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Gudluvn/friends%20pic%20comments/thhello.gifhey harry whats up

EAZYKILLER2006
01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
is this al and eds in ontario?
across from dave and busters...yepper! dallas is the shait