PDA

View Full Version : Froggystyle spotted - Barrett Jackson

OCMerrill
01-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Froggy - you were pulling in as I left the valet parking on Saturday night around 8:00 or so. Sunday I looked for you but the crappy weather kept me from walking around outside except to our cars and back.
Did your actually get a place to park? Inside the show?
Also nice take on the latest Trident. White base with the red (it was dark hard to see) arrow graphics. Just enough IMHO.
Also the small JET (Lear type plane) inside the tent at the main entrance...talked to the guy as we left Sunday Night and they sold THREE at $1.25 mill a piece. Based on that you should have sold a few boats at least:D :D :D
Crazy money floating around. Not on our cars unfortunately but none the less it was around.

shockwaveharry
01-22-2007, 01:47 AM
...Also the small JET (Lear type plane) inside the tent at the main entrance...talked to the guy as we left Sunday Night and they sold THREE at $1.25 mill a piece...
What was the story on that jet? I didn't talk to the guy cuz he was busy but the tiny jet engines looked like the turbines were made from stamped steel or something. And the guys sitting in the cockpit looked like their knees were smashed up into the dash and just under their chins... Looked very uncomfortable to me.

OCMerrill
01-22-2007, 02:09 AM
We were sencond to last on our second car and ended the show. Not many people left in the big tent at that point. By the time we walked out to the valet the guys had this plane almost totally apart.
The two jet engines were sitting on the ground already off the plane. I got talking to the guy and he said that they had sold three planes. I said wow...who would have thought to even have a plane there at all. Cirrus had a slew below the tents as I am sure you saw. Wild.
That jet was no bigger than any small piston prop plane. One guy can carry a single jet engine around. Yes I also saw the stamped steel looking fan inside the intake.
That thing is not for a big azz like me. Thats for sure. Cramped inside.

Froggystyle
01-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Dang, I would have liked to have met you there...
We had a blast. I got to take a couple of folks around for a test drive and go look at the show for a while. My brother was displaying one of his first gen Camaros at the show and we rolled in with some friends.
My favorite car of the show was the Jackson hot rod shop Pro-touring 'Cuda. The engineering was amazing, the car was absolutely spectacular and I was blown away with the visual impact it had.
There was crazy money there. If you have any curiosity as to why there was plane manufacturers, check the runway in Scottsdale. From what I understand, it was standing-room only for private jets... so many they were parked on taxiways.
Lots of bucks there...

Bense468
01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Lots of bucks there...
You are not kidding...We just got home last night.

OCMerrill
01-22-2007, 11:22 AM
We had a blast. I got to take a couple of folks around for a test drive and go look at the show for a while. My brother was displaying one of his first gen Camaros at the show and we rolled in with some friends.
My favorite car of the show was the Jackson hot rod shop Pro-touring 'Cuda. The engineering was amazing, the car was absolutely spectacular and I was blown away with the visual impact it had.
There was crazy money there. If you have any curiosity as to why there was plane manufacturers, check the runway in Scottsdale. From what I understand, it was standing-room only for private jets... so many they were parked on taxiways.
Lots of bucks there...
Would have been nice to have met you as well. For the sake of chasing you down as you were driving in...I was hoping you displayed on Sun. Then there was the weather...:( I bet they never considered making the staging tents water proof).
My father had the last White 57 T-Bird yesterday that went for $60k and the 2nd to last Dodge to go through. That one was a give a way as expected. Two cars this year will insure them slots for next year...or so I am told.
I will set up a new thread tonight with pics of the cars. I drove one up on stage...quite a rush. My parents ar in their 70's and just get a major rush out of all the hype. It was fun to be there and support them.
And yes...CRAZY money and that 'Cuda was very cool. I think I have a pic I can post.
It did seem to me that all the cuda owners were jumping in hoping to get a piece of the crazy $$. Those cars were not in short supply.

Froggystyle
01-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Would have been nice to have met you as well. For the sake of chasing you down as you were driving in...I was hoping you displayed on Sun. Then there was the weather...:( I bet they never considered making the staging tents water proof).
My father had the last White 57 T-Bird yesterday that went for $60k and the 2nd to last Dodge to go through. That one was a give a way as expected. Two cars this year will insure them slots for next year...or so I am told.
I will set up a new thread tonight with pics of the cars. I drove one up on stage...quite a rush. My parents ar in their 70's and just get a major rush out of all the hype. It was fun to be there and support them.
And yes...CRAZY money and that 'Cuda was very cool. I think I have a pic I can post.
It did seem to me that all the cuda owners were jumping in hoping to get a piece of the crazy $$. Those cars were not in short supply.
If you left when I got there, you missed out on the pair of 'Cudas in the rarest, ugliest colors I have seen on one. They were a matched pair of "one of one" promotional color options. One was "Moulin Rouge" and I think the other was "Sub Lime" green. The Moulin Rouge had pink strobe graphics, and the green one had yellow. Both had white interiors. Crazy money for the pair. Both had essentially zero miles as well.
Some real head scratchers to me as well. A Pontiac Catalina with low miles sold for $175K, and I have no idea why. Another suprise was a Hemi Satellite with 1,700 miles on it. Lots of money for a Satellite IMO...

Bense468
01-22-2007, 11:46 AM
If you left when I got there, you missed out on the pair of 'Cudas in the rarest, ugliest colors I have seen on one. They were a matched pair of "one of one" promotional color options. One was "Moulin Rouge" and I think the other was "Sub Lime" green. The Moulin Rouge had pink strobe graphics, and the green one had yellow. Both had white interiors. Crazy money for the pair. Both had essentially zero miles as well.
Those were AAR's
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8388/img02802ky.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
And how bout this for crazy money. Plus 250 grand donation on top of that number.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2484/img02593al.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Froggystyle
01-22-2007, 12:08 PM
And how bout this for crazy money. Plus 250 grand donation on top of that number.
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2484/img02593al.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Charity I get... No brainer there...
I don't know if those are the same AAR's though... I thought they had white interiors?

blown65
01-22-2007, 12:10 PM
LOL, the AAR Cuda thing is a bad subject at my parents house.
Dad had one and sold it before the big increase in muscle cars. My mom disliked it so he just decided to move on to other things with the money. (sold for like 30k, very clean numbers matching car too) LOL, he wont sell any of his cars now. lol (Well except for this pos Trans Am Pace car.) Anyone looking for a Trans Am. :)

Bense468
01-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Charity I get... No brainer there...
I don't know if those are the same AAR's though... I thought they had white interiors?
I know its a right off. Its still a hummer LOL.

OCMerrill
01-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I know its a right off. Its still a hummer LOL.
And 200% pimped to boot. They kept it on display after for all to see. Always a croud around it.
Speaking of charity...90 454 SS with a few minor mods sold for I think like close to 50 and then a poster signed by all the stars at the show went for about the same money. All to purchase wheelchairs. Very Cool.
And if that green AAR 'cuda went sat night after Froggy got there then yep we missed it. We had left Mission Viejo around 3:30 am that morning and we were ready for a sit down meal at that point.
Tonight I will put up the pics.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Lots of bucks there...
That musta been some ride.
They made a big fuss over it on the TV coverage.
Meticulous work it look'd like.
Whadda they get for it $$$ ?

Bense468
01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4893/img02021zo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Froggystyle
01-22-2007, 06:01 PM
That musta been some ride.
They made a big fuss over it on the TV coverage.
Meticulous work it look'd like.
Whadda they get for it $$$ ?
It was the hottest car I have ever seen. By a lot. It was just spectacular.
I heard from a source in the know that there is over $1 mil in reciepts for it. It sold for $500K or so and was worth every single penny.
Whenever you go to something like that, I always try to put myself in the shoes of someone who would be able to do what I wanted to financially. For the most part, I sat on my hands as high dollar car after high dollar car went by. I watched with complete disinterest as the OCC Shelby chopper went down the road, same with any number of "celebrity vehicles" went away. (With the exception of Ken Caminiti's shoebox, which was pretty bad ass...) No interest at all.
Then there was the 'Cuda. If I had the means, I would be telling you what that car was like at 200 on the way home from the show right now. Bidding war, stupid money after smart... whatever. I would have owned that car right then.
What I told my wife, plain and simple was that if I built hot rod cars, that is what they would be like. My business partner agreed... he said I would be spending $1.2 million building them right and trying to sell them for $500K... ;)
It was as close to perfect as anything I have seen built custom.