PDA

View Full Version : Global warming ????

jbone
01-22-2007, 03:56 AM
Where is Al Gore now?
He is preaching global warming and claiming we need to stop using everything that creates "greenhouse gasses."
All I've got to say is I've lost 3 tree ferns, 2 hibiscus trees, and several other plants to cold weather in San Diego.
I've lived in S.D. for 30 years and have never lost a plant to the cold.
By the way, what caused the planet to warm up during the past 2 ice ages???
Good night,
J

Rexone
01-22-2007, 04:18 AM
Where is Al Gore now?
He is preaching global warming and claiming we need to stop using everything that creates "greenhouse gasses."
All I've got to say is I've lost 3 tree ferns, 2 hibiscus trees, and several other plants to cold weather in San Diego.
Good night,
J
I hear Al started a hibiscus and ornamental plant nursery.
Give the hibiscus some time, they may sprout back in spring. Mine have come back before. I have 4 frozen ones right now myself.

hoolign
01-22-2007, 04:41 AM
I hear Al started a hibiscus and ornamental plant nursery.
Give the hibiscus some time, they may sprout back in spring. Mine have come back before. I have 4 frozen ones right now myself.
Look at Rexy...sounding all "Mrs green thumb"...and shit:D

Jbb
01-22-2007, 04:43 AM
:D :D :D
Wonder what his thought's are on........thatch.....:D

Rexone
01-22-2007, 04:43 AM
My name in real life is Pete Moss.

Rexone
01-22-2007, 04:44 AM
When I think of thatch I think of you JBB. Water that shit once in awhile will ya. :mad:

Jbb
01-22-2007, 04:46 AM
When I think of thatch I think of you JBB. :
Im flattered.....:D

hoolign
01-22-2007, 04:47 AM
Yeah Rexy... shave or wax?? :D

Jbb
01-22-2007, 04:47 AM
hardwood floors.......:D

hoolign
01-22-2007, 04:48 AM
hardwood floors.......:D
we should cease before he starts going all "Bob Villa" and shit!:D

Jbb
01-22-2007, 04:50 AM
we should cease before he starts going all "Bob Villa" and shit!:D
Wouldn't want to interrupt any ...."catalog work"...................:D

hoolign
01-22-2007, 04:52 AM
Wouldn't want to interrupt any ...."catalog work"...................:D
This may help!
http://www.createacatalog.com/

Jbb
01-22-2007, 04:56 AM
This may help!
http://www.createacatalog.com/
It seems so easy......but when Hibiscus priority sets in......everything else takes a back seat....:D

hoolign
01-22-2007, 05:00 AM
It seems so easy......but when Hibiscus priority sets in......everything else takes a back seat....:D
that really chaps my thatch! :mad:

Rexone
01-22-2007, 05:16 AM
I also go by the name I. Bannum Ujakassasoon when traveling in the middle east.
My plant advice has ended here. :mad:
I'll surprise you one of these days and you'll both be board as hell. :)

hoolign
01-22-2007, 05:38 AM
I also go by the name I. Bannum Ujakassasoon when traveling in the middle east.
My plant advice has ended here. :mad:
I'll surprise you one of these days and you'll both be board as hell. :)
Well Brian..I hues we should stop pickin on the plant kid!
Hibiscus boy has won this round..but we'll be back! :mad: With a freakin 8hp homelite weed wacker to reclaim our turf!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA HHEEEEEEEEEEEEE.. To the John Deere....up ..up and awayyyyyyyyyy ;)

hoolign
01-22-2007, 05:39 AM
Hey Hooli, chop a turbin on Rexie's bird. I wanna see how he looks in his mideast mode. Better yet, how bout a sombraro an we can make it the official state bird for 'upper tiajuana'.:mad:
Rio
I'm not so good with the chop...otherwise I would have chopped his head onto Mrs Greenthumb at the start of this thread!
:D :D

Jbb
01-22-2007, 06:14 AM
Well Brian..I hues we should stop pickin on the plant kid!
Hibiscus boy has won this round..but we'll be back! :mad: With a freakin 8hp homelite weed wacker to reclaim our turf!!! BWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA HHEEEEEEEEEEEEE.. To the John Deere....up ..up and awayyyyyyyyyy ;)
Yeah,..... he reached for the codsack early with the ban talk.....we musta hit a nerve....:D
Hibiscus boy ............lol

hoolign
01-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Yeah,..... he reached for the codsack early with the ban talk.....we musta hit a nerve....:D
Hibiscus boy ............lol
We definitley got to the root cause of what bends his branches! I mean really If I knew he'd get so cut up beacuse of a little foliage fun, I would have planted that seed long ago! Oh well make hay while the sun shines I suppose!

Jbb
01-22-2007, 06:28 AM
We definitley got to the root cause of what bends his branches! I mean really If I knew he'd get so cut up beacuse of a little foliage fun, I would have planted that seed long ago! Oh well make hay while the sun shines I suppose!
Yep...Mikey Greenjeans has probably gone into seclusion.......and this is probably my last post .................:D

hoolign
01-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Yep...Mikey Greenjeans has probably gone into seclusion.......and this is probably my last post .................:D
His root ball is likely a might to knotted up!.. lets test the waters here! :D Hopefully he didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed :D

Jbb
01-22-2007, 06:37 AM
His root ball is likely a might to knotted up!.. lets test the waters here! :D Hopefully he didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed :D
The root cause of his problems ....appears to stem from an underlying thatch of anger issues....

hoolign
01-22-2007, 06:56 AM
The root cause of his problems ....appears to stem from an underlying thatch of anger issues....
That's enough to get anyones Erica palustris pendula in a bunch! :mad:

hoolign
01-22-2007, 06:58 AM
That's enough to get anyones Erica palustris pendula in a bunch! :mad: I would have bet a Lathyrus latifolius that he would have piped up by now! :D

SummerBreeze
01-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Where is Al Gore now?
Good night,
J
Yeah .... How far do you go back in the years of the world to see the weather patterns. It's been flippen cold around here for a long time.
In 1989 I saw 30 below here for about a week

Jbb
01-22-2007, 07:00 AM
Must be nocturnal.....go figure....:p

hoolign
01-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Yeah .... How far do you go back in the years of the world to see the weather patterns. It's been flippen cold around here for a long time.
In 1989 I saw 30 below here for about a week
Found this on google
According to Shackleton and Opdyke's data, average global temperatures have risen less than one degree in the last million years, though the amplitude of the periodic oscillation has now risen in that time from about 5 degrees to about 10 degrees, with a period of about 100,000 years.
"Today, we are simply near a peak in the current cycle that started about 25,000 years ago," Essenhigh explained.
From what I gather..another 75,000 years and it'll all be back to normal!

hoolign
01-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Must be nocturnal.....go figure....:p
Ahhh much like the Cynopterus brachyotis. This is starting to make sence now! :D