PDA

View Full Version : ******Softballers******

Gman
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I having been playing softball for 20 years and have always worn cleats........What is a good turf shoe for softball? Time to switch to a good comfortable turf shoe. Looking for something that digs in like my cleats but is comfortable. Any suggestions?
P.S. THANKS IN ADVANCE

DILLIGAF
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Just make sure they are rubber and not plastic. Plastic will just cause you to slip around on the dirt. Other than that whatever feels comfortable to you.

hoolign
01-22-2007, 03:01 PM
I having been playing softball for 20 years and have always worn cleats........What is a good turf shoe for softball? Time to switch to a good comfortable turf shoe. Looking for something that digs in like my cleats but is comfortable. Any suggestions?
P.S. THANKS IN ADVANCE
It took you 20 years to find out your shoes ain't comfy?? My god man.. Could be worse I suppose...this thread could be about allergies to asswipe:D

WET HULL
01-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Check out the new under armor stuff. It is very comfortable. Traction will be tough no matter what when its damp outside, but when dry the turf shoes will work well.

76elimspecial
01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
P.S. THANKS IN ADVANCE
I HAVE A PAIR OF ADIDAS. THEY GRIP PRETTY GOOD.

HavasuSelect
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I usually wear my metal spikes. You might wanna check with your league first. Most don't allow them.

Chubby4Life
01-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I usually wear my metal spikes. You might wanna check with your league first. Most don't allow them.
I don't think there are any rec. leagues that allow spikes. I've worn Nike AGS Air Trigo's for about 5 years. They are great for infielders. I don't worry about rain since most city leagues draw an operator's circle if there is any chance for rain.

NOTALENT
01-22-2007, 05:20 PM
I use the Addidas Turf Hog and the Mizuno Mid turfs. The pumas are nice too, but I like these two the best. I was wearing the Mizuno Franchise molded cleats, but damn....if its moist out and you run on top of that base or step on home plate running at full speed your falling HARD! Even when I would run to catch a foul ball...say near the sidewalk those fockers would slip like you were on ice. They are like a plastic spike cleat. Great for outfield, but thats it.

NOTALENT
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Damn...nope those are illegal in about every rec league in CA. :D I took out a guy in my Mizuno Franchises during play offs last week....had a tripple and he didnt want to move....I slid and he stayed in front of the base....gashed up his shin something bad!:D I rounded second on the same hit....touched the top of the bag with the cleat and fell hard..tumbled like 3 times got up and kept running...lol...fockin hilarious!!! To much speed for my own good!:D

Gman
01-31-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the responses. Ended up getting the Nike Air Diamond's. Great shoe. Wore it for a two day tourney in Palm Springs this past weekend, no complaints. I highly recommend them.