PDA

View Full Version : Glad its a lease,pile-o-shi%

riverroyal
01-22-2007, 07:16 PM
when I leased my truck I was wondering if it was the wrong choice,to not BUY.But after 26k miles and a new turbo,new innercooler,new injector harnesses,new REAR main seal,2 other oil leakes fixed,a new driver window motor,and as of today my vent contols dont work,its stuck on defrost,I cant wait to give it back!!Oh yeah,its a FORD 6.0 diesel,and since no one here will be buying it,I can safely say its my last ford for awhile......Ok im done,feel much better:D

nodigg
01-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Man that sucks! Good thing its a rental for sure then. My jury is still out but I have 80k on the 05 Duramax and no shop time yet..........towing 15k frequently.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Fords are such a crapshoot.
We'll be moving up to another truck, they look so nice,,, but I'd sleep better with Allison than Henry.

riverbound
01-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I'd rather be cummin ;)

Ziggy
01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
when I leased my truck I was wondering if it was the wrong choice,to not BUY.But after 26k miles and a new turbo,new innercooler,new injector harnesses,new REAR main seal,2 other oil leakes fixed,a new driver window motor,and as of today my vent contols dont work,its stuck on defrost,I cant wait to give it back!!Oh yeah,its a FORD 6.0 diesel,and since no one here will be buying it,I can safely say its my last ford for awhile......Ok im done,feel much better:D
Gee Steve, mine has been great ~80k on it and had a glow plug failure. Think it helps its the 7.3 ;)

wolfie
01-22-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't blame you.. Love my Chevy.....

AZJD
01-23-2007, 07:02 AM
02' 2500HD with 74k miles and the only problem I have had was the transfer case issue. Not a single problem, nada!:D

Wild Horses
01-23-2007, 07:14 AM
190,000 miles on my Dodge cummins, and I love my truck and would not sell it for anything but another cummins.:D

TOBTEK
01-23-2007, 07:38 AM
that sucks buddy, sorry to hear of all the issues. "IF" the DCB sells, There will be a pimp GMC HD2500 forsale just down the street from you :)

luvmyboat
01-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Stuck on defrost is the vaccum pump gone bad, $75.00, located on passenger side of engine compartment, above wheel well. It takes 5 min. to replace. Mike

Baja Big Dog
01-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey watuknow...another Ford VS Chevy post..............
Who will win this one???:idea:

Liberator TJ1984
01-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Stuck on defrost is the vaccum pump gone bad, $75.00, located on passenger side of engine compartment, above wheel well. It takes 5 min. to replace. Mike
Vaccum hose may have also come off fitting right behind oil filler cap, check that too ...mine did it a few times till I glued it on:rolleyes:
Only problems I've had at 50k is Injectors , but this was mostly my fault ..on job , I filled up at a drilling rig needing fuel and it was contaminated w/ water and dirt ...... they didn't have a filtering system hooked up yet :mad:

bocco
01-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Also check the 3-way connector where the vacuum line enters the firewall. It is a one way valve to keep vacuum in the engine. I also had a small break in the hose to the vacuum reservoir behind the battery.

spectras only
01-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey watuknow...another Ford VS Chevy post..............
Who will win this one???:idea:
Since we know the outcome on this one , it's only a matter of time before the next match :idea: :D The chevy guys can never let it slide ;) :)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/CamStangstats.jpg
BTW , 1/4 mile is what I care about !

wolfie
01-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Since we know the outcome on this one , it's only a matter of time before the next match :idea: :D The chevy guys can never let it slide ;) :)
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/CamStangstats.jpg
BTW , 1/4 mile is what I care about !
"*Practice lap before engine failed"
Still has to make it to the next round.

Sotally Tober
01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. Have had zero problems with my 7.3, have a neighbor that cannot keep his 6.0 running. Had to get it towed in last week and had 14 in line before him that would not run.

Huckleberry
01-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Seems the 6.0's are prone to oil leaks. Mine is at Hemborg Ford right now having the rear amin bearing seal replaced, along with another leak near the right front of the motor. Other than these, no problems at all though.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-25-2007, 03:34 AM
Most the Ford dealers around here are Folding.
Wall street isn't giving them much of a chance,, they are billions and billions in debt, and their new products are competing with Honda and Toyota head-on.
Doesn't take a Rocket surgeon to see where the buyers will shop.
The Toyota 3/4 ton will be released next model year,,, the big Nissan soon too.
Not a bright future for Ford trucks, and the Toyota will be priced 7% higher and easily get it too. What does that tell ya?
They saw this coming for decades.
When ya travel and the rent a car offers a you a choice of a Ford Focus LX or a Honda Accord base model,,,, you pick the,,,,,,
Same thoughts when buying too.
Ford lovers think people want to see them fold.
I don't think anyone really wants to see that.
I feel bad for the company,, but they saw this coming.
They're eventually going to need another Lee Iowa coca cola to go to congress like he did with Chrysler.
It ain't looking good for Ford. And getting angry with Chevy lovers ain't gonna change that.

v-drive
01-25-2007, 04:00 AM
Ford has definately lost. when i was going to trade in my f-150 (best truck I have ever owned) I went to ford. They couldn't compare with my truck.
my 2000 was hands down a better truckand the sales guy said that he knew it. When I decide to buy it will probably be the new toyota. I can't believe I just said that.....v-drive

Huckleberry
01-25-2007, 04:07 AM
It's sad the financial trouble Ford is having. I was going to do exhaust and new cool-air intake to mine. The service writer at Hemborg told me to not do ANY modifications to my truck. Ford is literally loooking for any reason to deny warranty claims. If they can even remotely tie your warranty repair to a modification you've done, they deny the warranty claim and you get to eat the repair costs. He said last month Ford denied a warranty claim on a 6.0 where the heads were lifting because the owner had changed his exhaust and a different intake. They claim it created "Too much air flow", and caused the heads to lift. YEAH RIGHT! $2,500 later the poor guy learned his lesson. Shame on him for making his truck run lower EGT's and breathe better! :rolleyes:

Jbb
01-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Built Ford Tough..
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2007/1/jan24gal07.jpg

Procraftkev
01-25-2007, 05:04 AM
Seems the 6.0's are prone to oil leaks. Mine is at Hemborg Ford right now having the rear amin bearing seal replaced, along with another leak near the right front of the motor. Other than these, no problems at all though.Thats funny mines at hemborg ford also there so backed up ron says it will be a week before they can look at it.Fourth set of head gaskets and egr cooler.:(

LOWRIVER2
01-25-2007, 07:37 AM
6.0's were a major setback for Ford. 7.3's were great. My 6.0 had every gasket replaced by 32k when I sold it. Main seal went twice. It was a nice truck otherwise but 9 times in the shop in 7 months just does'nt cut it, period. My LBZ has'nt had any issues in same amount of time (knock on wood).
Oh well, I remember when the late 80's chevy's were having tranny problems, good luck to the oval.

Zaairman
01-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Built Ford Tough..
Too bad they're on a Chevy. And Ford really phucked up with the 6.0. Hopefully, the new 6.4 will save them.

spectras only
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM
My observation on the engine/tranny issues , the domestic manufacturers
are going overboard with the emission issues for the clean environment .My 96 Mustang has 4 cats :rolleyes: + resonators .I've 200 km on it now , and the tranny /engine hasn't been touched . Had a 7yr silent warr on the composite intake that was replaced twice by ford , no charge. The one I have on now is the composite with proper aluminum crossover they should have done originally .Still ,I had no service issues , ford paid for the towing as well as a loaner while in the shop.
The vehicles of today running way too hot to burn every ounce of gas ,killing seals and components prematurely . Since the 70's I practiced installing the biggest [ 18.000-26.000 lbs ] tranny coolers on my vehicles that saved me over and over.Cars like my 64 Lincoln were running with 160* thermostats ,
the tranny [ cast iron housing ]was only serviced once for a front pump seal [ $200 ] and I replaced the nylon cam gear with a steel one. Towed my 4000*boat with it too with only a 2.8 rear end .Had 3 Cherokees outfitted with HD tranny coolers .Two of them had over 200k when sold ,towing 4000* .My 1998C towed my 8000* boat/trailer , sold it at 135K with no tranny issues.
Had issues with 727 tranny in the past behind a 383 in a Charger .Learned my lesson on that one .A tranny cooler should always be separated from the radiator , and oil coolers should be incorporated like ford did on the mustang with the modular engine :idea: . I'm not getting into a debate on chevy , my friends have their share of stories :D .

UHHH SUCKA
01-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Just dumped mine off at the Chevy dealer last night for a '07 2500 HD, Durmax, 4X4. I had to tow the damn thing to a block away from the dealer and drive it onto the lot hoping they didnt test drive. I didnt think it would make it there. The new LBZ engines got some power and cant even hear the engine. Never will go back to Ford. has to be a reason why the new trucks only have a 60,000 mile warranty instead of a 100,000.
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily
Im done with them.

spectras only
01-25-2007, 03:23 PM
You guys must have a bunch of crappy ford techs down south :idea: :D

CBadDad
01-25-2007, 03:56 PM
That Sucks RR. I hated my Chevy and traded it in for my Excursion w/7.3 and I love it. Don't ever want to ge rid of it. I will however probably go out and get a small jap made p/u for commuting and what not. I do miss having a p/u to throw junk in.
BTW, I remember when you were looking for a diesel maechanic in North County a few months back. Ever find one? Inquiring minds want to know.

dumbandyoung
01-25-2007, 03:58 PM
lemon?

CBadDad
01-25-2007, 03:58 PM
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily
I always liked
F ocked
O ver
R ebuilt
D odge
and
F ound
O n
R oad
D ead

spectras only
01-25-2007, 05:36 PM
You chevy guys ;) , only a matter of time , you're going to get your parts from here :idea: >
Allison Transmission is the world's largest producer of automatic transmissions for medium and heavy-duty trucks, buses and specialty vehicles. The company is working with Chinese original equipment makers and end users to upgrade the quality of their medium and heavy commercial vehicles. In May 2005, Allison Transmission's first product customization center in the Asia Pacific region opened in Shanghai.

cc322
01-25-2007, 05:41 PM
40,00 08 SD allready on order, dosent sound all that bad for a new model year. BTW Yes the 6.0 is a hit or miss but dont forget who built that thing It was Navistar and they are fighting Ford with warrenty work on the 6.0 as we speak. You dont get to be the #1 truck for 30 straight years with having junk all those years.
http://f150online.com/fordnews/view.cfm?nnum=234
Yeah I think they will stay #1 for a long long time
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=12865

randy77zt
01-25-2007, 05:49 PM
from a technician point of view 6.0 was crap.why isnt there any good techs?because ford warrenty time on flat rate pay system sucks.nobody like working for free-and i havent seen anybody put a set of head gaskits in a 6.0 in less than 30 hours.warrenty pays maybe 18 if you lie some on your story.the techs are leaving the field-truck drivers make more money and dont have to buy $30k in tools.

riverroyal
01-25-2007, 06:52 PM
That Sucks RR. I hated my Chevy and traded it in for my Excursion w/7.3 and I love it. Don't ever want to ge rid of it. I will however probably go out and get a small jap made p/u for commuting and what not. I do miss having a p/u to throw junk in.
BTW, I remember when you were looking for a diesel maechanic in North County a few months back. Ever find one? Inquiring minds want to know.
its goes to ken grody ford,they have been great,always a loaner,always fixed very fast.Its all warranty stuff.It just get hard to find time to drop off,pick up etc.As far as lemon,its all different issues being fixed,so thats a tough one.
I will look at a few vacuum areas,thanks for the info everyone

a catered life
01-26-2007, 07:12 AM
I'd rather be cummin ;)
me too:D :eek: oh you mean transmissions

riverroyal
01-29-2007, 08:20 PM
goes back in tommorrow,new REAR main seal is leaking worse than the last one:D

SummitKarl
01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
goes back in tommorrow,new REAR main seal is leaking worse than the last one:D
enough....lemon law the thing....I did it on a lease from Dixon/Grody

riverroyal
01-29-2007, 08:28 PM
enough....lemon law the thing....I did it on a lease from Dixon/Grody
on the seal,tons of other stuff though.

BoneDaddy
01-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I have been a Chevy guy since before I can remember. My Dad always has been too. I'm on my 5th Chevy truck now. 3 purchased used and 2 purchased new. All have been great trucks with zero major mechanical repairs. 4 of them I took up and over 100K miles on the odometer. My current 2002 Z71 Suburban has been great. I have 55K plus miles on it and have only had to changed out the original battery since I bought it.
IMO Chevy is the way to go!

RiverRatMike
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Just dumped mine off at the Chevy dealer last night for a '07 2500 HD, Durmax, 4X4. I had to tow the damn thing to a block away from the dealer and drive it onto the lot hoping they didnt test drive. I didnt think it would make it there. The new LBZ engines got some power and cant even hear the engine. Never will go back to Ford. has to be a reason why the new trucks only have a 60,000 mile warranty instead of a 100,000.
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily
Im done with them.
Chevy's Suck!

melbatoast
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily
Im done with them.
When are you gonna get rid of BIG F-350?

ratso
01-30-2007, 03:53 PM
I always liked
F ocked
O ver
R ebuilt
D odge
and
F ound
O n
R oad
D ead
F ukked
O n a
R eal
D eal

riverroyal
01-30-2007, 04:37 PM
will be available in march:idea:

OutCole'd
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Don't feel bad. My Chevy is in the shop right now. Steering gear box & injectors (again).

dossangers
01-30-2007, 04:44 PM
I took a new toyota tundra 4x4 v-8 loaded to the max on trade and drove it home to see if they were anything. WHAT A TERD! Ill buy a used chevy before ill own one of those! SORRY to say the jap trucks will never drive or pull as nice as an american truck still dont like the CHEAP plastic trim or the SMELL I just get my 10 mpg on my 496ci and be happy!:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

plaster dave
01-30-2007, 04:51 PM
This is a Chevy. look at the sticker in the window Heart beat of america.:D
Built Ford Tough..

Zaairman
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
will be available in march:idea:
Actually, they're already out now. A lot of the guys on F150online are already posting pics of them being at the dealers.