PDA

View Full Version : Scary call

phebus
01-22-2007, 07:28 PM
I got a call a little while ago from my daughter, crying hysterrically that she was in an accident. After finding out where, I bolted down there. Luckily she only had an injured hand, but here car was destroyed. Some guy in an older full size Bronco, came around a corner too fast, lost control, and then over corrrected. He ended up crossing the center yellow, and hit my daughter head on. She was in a Toyota Corolla and the air bag deployed, the seat belt did it's job, and thank God, she didn't get hurt badly.
All in all, a very lucky day. I was busy tending to my daughter, and didn't get a chance to talk to the other party, but the police said they would get all the information for me, and that I could pick up the report tomorrow. The officer said the other party admitted guilt, and that the skid marks made it obvious that he was at fault, but I sure hope he hed insurance!!
Beer time.................

Jordy
01-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Wow, that's scary. Sounds like it could have been much, much worse. Glad she's ok!!! :D

riverroyal
sounds like a south OC driver,glad she is ok.Have a few beers.call in sick tommorrow

RitcheyRch
Every parents nightmare to get that call. Glad to hear she is ok.

Throttle
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM
thats a rough one rick... sorry to hear, glad she is ok...

Johnwithjm
01-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Glad she is ok

Throttle
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
sounds like a south OC driver,glad she is ok.Have a few beers.call in sick tommorrow
who does he call in sick to?

EAZYKILLER2006
01-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I got a call a little while ago from my daughter, crying hysterrically that she was in an accident. After finding out where, I bolted down there. Luckily she only had an injured hand, but here car was destroyed. Some guy in an older full size Bronco, came around a corner too fast, lost control, and then over corrrected. He ended up crossing the center yellow, and hit my daughter head on. She was in a Toyota Corolla and the air bag deployed, the seat belt did it's job, and thank God, she didn't get hurt badly.
All in all, a very lucky day. I was busy tending to my daughter, and didn't get a chance to talk to the other party, but the police said they would get all the information for me, and that I could pick up the report tomorrow. The officer said the other party admitted guilt, and that the skid marks made it obvious that he was at fault, but I sure hope he hed insurance!!
glad everythings ok, how scarry!

work2play
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank goodness for airbags. Glad she is O K.

BajaMike
That's scary...hope she's ok Rick!
Good you were close by.....:idea:

Mrs.Racer277
Horrible phone call. Glad to hear she is going to be OK.

DILLIGAF
Glad she is OK Rick. I have had that phone call a couple of times :(

TCHB
01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Rick I am glad she is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redneck
01-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey rick glad everything is alright. Come over and get the truck if you need it to drive around since you guys are down a car. Its just sitting here. Plus it might give you some time to bond with it again lol. Call me tomorrow or tonight if not to late
Kenny

LHC30Victory
01-22-2007, 08:00 PM
our prayers of thanks are on this one!

phebus
01-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Kenny, thank you very much, but we can definately make two cars work between the three of us. Awesome of you.

Todd969
01-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Wow, glad she is OK.

bchbum
01-22-2007, 08:04 PM
It's amazing these little cars can take a hit by such a large truck , & you barely get hurt . Very glad your girl is ok .

OutCole'd
01-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Scary shit Rick! I hope she is feeling better real soon. I am in no hurry for my kids to drive.

Ultracrazy
01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Holy crap Rick..............glad she's okee. Give her a hug for me. If you need anything Rick.......call me.

Flyinbowtie
01-22-2007, 08:11 PM
We got one of those calls two days before Christmas, scariest thing in the world. Everybody was okay in ours, too.
Glad your daughter is going to be fine, there just isn't any worse feeling of helplesness.

BarryMac
01-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Wow Rick that is a scary call indeed, glad that she's okay...

BoatFloating
01-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Rick, glad to here she is ok.... Tell her to get better....

JetBoatRich
01-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Scarey call to say the least, glad she will be OK. she will feel it worst in a couple days, tell her to take it easy

Redrider
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Glad she is okay! WOW!

Big Kahunaa
01-22-2007, 09:10 PM
glad she is ok

Biglue
01-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter's accident. I'm glad she will be ok.

DRMCAT
01-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Rick, Sorry to hear about the T/C. Thank goodness she is OK.

Baja Big Dog
01-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Three words
LARRY H. PARKER

4-B
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Mrs. 4-B here...WOW - glad she's okay. Very scary! Love to all. - Dana

Mohave Vice
01-23-2007, 08:42 PM
So glad your daughter is ok! You've experienced what every parent fears. Ny kids are older now, but when the phone rings late at night ..............I alsmost go code blue. The best to your daughter.

HatenWinter
01-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Glad to hear she's OK Rick!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I am glad your daughter is ok. Very scary indeed.
When I was in my late teens, I drove from San Diego to Thousand Oaks early one morning and got in an accident. I called my dad and I swear he must have drove 120 mph because if felt like he was there in a flash. I recall my dad having some whiskey as soon as we got home too. Poor dad. ;)

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Glad to hear she will be OK.:)
Cars can be replaced:D
Time to get yourself a Rhino and give her the Jeep;)

TCN
01-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Scary, scary. Glad she is ok.

That Guy
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey Rick....thank goodness things worked out ok....give her a hug from us.:)

TAF
01-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Good father to be there to rescue / be there for your daughter!:D :D :D :)
I'm happy for both of you.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Rick, glad to hear she is ok.....

Keith E. Sayre
01-24-2007, 12:20 PM
welcome to Havasu! obviously glad that your daughter is
OK, she's always fun to talk to at dinner, find out the dirt
on you! sure hope that guy has insurance, very common
around here not to. cross your fingers. see ya tonight.
Keith Sayre

phebus
01-24-2007, 12:25 PM
welcome to Havasu! obviously glad that your daughter is
OK, she's always fun to talk to at dinner, find out the dirt
on you! sure hope that guy has insurance, very common
around here not to. cross your fingers. see ya tonight.
Keith Sayre
The driver was a young guy from Long Beach, and luckily he had insurance. Car is definately totaled, and I called his insurance company to ask about the claim, and he hadn't reported it yet. I got a copy of the police report, and it puts him at fault, and he was cited for crossing the center line and driving opposing traffic. I'm curious to see what they offer me for the car.

ratso
01-24-2007, 12:30 PM
The driver was a young guy from Long Beach, and luckily he had insurance. Car is definately totaled, and I called his insurance company to ask about the claim, and he hadn't reported it yet. I got a copy of the police report, and it puts him at fault, and he was cited for crossing the center line and driving opposing traffic. I'm curious to see what they offer me for the car.
If it's State Farm, good luck lol...:D
They tried screwing me out of quite a few thousand on a car... took 2 months of arguing, cussing, and fighting with them on the phone to get what it was worth. Have it booked out and don't settle for anything less.

phebus
01-24-2007, 12:37 PM
He was covered with AAA.

NoCal NoBoat
01-24-2007, 01:28 PM
phebus -
Very happy to hear that your daughter is o/k !
My family and I were in my wife's brand new Toyota Corolla, leaving a Warriors game at the Oakland Coliseum when we were rear-ended by a Cadillac DeVille on 880. We were dead stopped, the Cadillac was going an estimated 35 mph. Toyota was totalled, but we all walked away.
I have nothing but good things to say about Toyota Corollas. The car did it's job, took a big hit for our team, and expired with about 3,000 miles on the clock.
Cadillac driver was suspected DUI, but blew under .08 two hours after the accident.
His carrier settled up quickly on the car (my wife got a rental immediately, which probably motivated them), but it took a year for the medical, etc.
I've heard that AAA has a rep for being tough negotiators, but with their driver at fault, maybe YMMV.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Debbolas
01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
those type of phone calls suck :(
I'm glad your daughter is ok..:D..