PDA

View Full Version : Sony Marine Remote

trailerpark_tj
01-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Anybody using this remote yet?
http://www.xplodsony.com/marine/accessories/RM-X55M
Is it waterproof enough for transom mount and is there a bezel available for it?

DCBDaytona
01-23-2007, 01:36 PM
No idea...Thanks for the call back fag.:D

Racey
01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
If sony says it's waterproof, then it's definatley good enough to be mounted on the transom above the molding, i don't know if anyone else makes a bezel for it, but i could make one.

Jyruiz
01-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I use the previous model and water gets all over it, no problems so far.

trailerpark_tj
01-23-2007, 01:49 PM
No idea...Thanks for the call back fag.:D
I thought you were going to call me when you got down there? I must have been feeling the effects of the drinks at Fred's.
Besides, you and me hanging out in Laguna Beach could lead to some vicious rumors...did I type that out loud :eek: ?
I'll call you later junior.

ViB
01-23-2007, 02:17 PM
If its the Sony/access technologies remote, yes we make a transom mount bezel for them. And we have them in stock.
http://www.viciousbillet.com/billet-other.asp
thanks

Jesster
01-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm using 2 of them on my 28' Deck. One on the tansom and one on the front sponson next to the bow shower. No problem at all with water getting on it. The display is great expecially for XM. I havent seen anyone that makes a billet mount for them yet, but I will definitly get one when they become available.

h2oski2fast
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Lookat the size of hole you would have to cut to make that thing fit. I might end up using one, but it would go in the dash replacing a gauge that I no long needed. It will fit a 3 3/8 bezel.

trailerpark_tj
01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
That's a new style remote that I haven't seen yet.
As far as making some bezels for them, if you guys are still looking and want something custom, I'll manually machine you some. :)
Just need the remote, and 2 days or so.
RD
If I end up getting it I'll get it to you within a couple of days. Do you have a balllpark estimate on how much you'l be charging for the bezels?
TJ

trailerpark_tj
01-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Lookat the size of hole you would have to cut to make that thing fit. I might end up using one, but it would go in the dash replacing a gauge that I no long needed. It will fit a 3 3/8 bezel.
Yeah, that and the color make it unattractive. I may have to go with the older style white one.

4day!!
01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
i installed the same one on my transom last spring and no probs yet. It seems very water tight and durable. You really have put some pressure on the buttons for them to respond.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-23-2007, 04:33 PM
If ya wanna good education on Sony Marine and their remotes, stop by Tige' boats in the 909.
Sony abandon their entire Marine line about 3 years ago, leaving all their customers dead in the water.
Lots of customers got bonned deluxe.
Don't take my word for it, go by Tige' and you'll get a real education what a POS sorry ass company Sony is.
Sorry to be negative, but we got screwed about 2 grand on Sony "Marine" electronics, and we still have a bitter taste in our mouths.
Our Clarion in our raggity ass sea doo is light years ahead in quality and sound, and performance and reliability. The Clarion remote has been supurb.
Damn I'm bitter over that Sony fiasco, and so are hundreds of others.
Sony has hit some big financial problems that they are still enduring, and just walked way from a very trouble plaged Marine line of electronics, rather that taking the usual Japan route of improving product and backing up the customer, they just folded like a cheap suitcase.
Not just our 2 cents worth,, but our $2000 worth.
I rarely say anything negative here in HB's but with Sony:
!!!@##***!!!??@#!!!!!
When we sold the boat, I wrote a check to the buyer to go get a decent reliable sound system installed, so we in turn, didn't feel like we screwed someone with a POS Sony sound system.
They paid too much for the boat anyway, and my wife doesnt work that way and leaned on me to make good before the buyer woke up, not that I'm some kinda nice guy.
Having said all that,, the most I'd trust it is to be water resistant, not submersable or even imerseable.

h2oski2fast
01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
If ya wanna good education on Sony Marine and their remotes, stop by Tige' boats in the 909.
Sony abandon their entire Marine line about 3 years ago, leaving all their customers dead in the water.
Don't take my word for it, go by Tige' and you'll get a real education what a POS sorry ass company Sony is.
Sorry to be negative, but we got screwed about 2 grand on Sony "Marine" electronics, and we still have a bitter taste in our mouths.
The remote that TJ is referring to is only just over a year old.
2K for a sony marine system, obviously it wasn't only a deck and four? Was that an upgrade from Tige? If so their installs are adequate at best. They need to let qualified shops design and install systems for them. There is no reason to use marine equipment unless it sits out in the salt air all the time. A lake boat or rollbar boat doesn't require it.

h2oski2fast
01-23-2007, 05:22 PM
When we sold the boat, I wrote a check to the buyer to go get a decent reliable sound system installed, so we in turn, didn't feel like we screwed someone with a POS Sony sound system.
They paid too much for the boat anyway.
TPC I paid too much for my boat, will your wife tell you to write me a check for 2k, so I can get my stereo done? :D :D :D

4day!!
01-23-2007, 06:31 PM
The remote that TJ is referring to is only just over a year old.
hhhmm, that's what i was thinking. I got mine from a distributor before you could find them in the stores or on the net last march.

ViB
01-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Our Clarion in our raggity ass sea doo is light years ahead in quality and sound, and performance and reliability. The Clarion remote has been supurb.
Damn I'm bitter over that Sony fiasco, and so are hundreds of others.
Sony has hit some big financial problems that they are still enduring, and just walked way from a very trouble plaged Marine line of electronics, rather that taking the usual Japan route of improving product and backing up the customer, they just folded like a cheap suitcase.
Not just our 2 cents worth,, but our $2000 worth.
I rarely say anything negative here in HB's but with Sony:
!!!@##***!!!??@#!!!!!
They paid too much for the boat anyway, and my wife doesnt work that way and leaned on me to make good before the buyer woke up, not that I'm some kinda nice guy.
Having said all that,, the most I'd trust it is to be water resistant, not submersable or even imerseable.
Wow, ok....umm big sale on remote bezels...

Jesster
01-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Get me the remote, and then we'll talk about what you want it to look like.. Simple bezel 40 - 50 bucks. If you want to get all crazy about it and put a bolt pattern around it etc.. LOL Well then it costs more. ;)
RD
When you are done with them PM me I will take 2. I really like the remote so far but time will tell. ;)