PDA

View Full Version : lake cumberland

KYBOATER
01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
lake cumberland water level will be dropped to 45 ft. below summer pool and keep there one to seven years until repairs can be made to wolf creek dam.90% of the boat ramps will not be acessible to the new water level army corp of eng. will try to extend ramps to to the the new level:confused:

OKIE-JET
01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
And this after that huge write up in HB. That sucks!:mad:

Arkansas
01-30-2007, 01:27 PM
That is crazy.....thanks for the info....was pretty close to planning a summer trip there after the Hot Boat article.

olbiezer
01-31-2007, 12:27 AM
wow what a shame....its really a beautiful lake normally.....and that 76 falls......dam that place is crazy........:)

Outnumbered
02-16-2007, 09:41 PM
At least you know it is coming back. Look at Lake Powell and Lake Mead--down about 100 feet each with no recovery in sight:( Does suck though. I feel your pain.

Pheelin Phroggy
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
we are out of southern cal, looking at potentially selling and moving out toward another lake, we were thinking about Lake Cumberland area, we have a 28' velocity, any comments on the lake (we heard about the level) or any other lakes in the area

olbiezer
03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
ive only been on cumberland once but it is a gorgeous lake. large, clean, but its a corp lake so no lots avabule on the water.......your boat would be great there....dont forget 76 falls party spot:eek: :idea:

71tahiti
03-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Lake Cumberland is as nice a lake as there is in the country. Dale Hollow just south of it is about the same size and type of lake. Could be a great time to by property at cumberland? Corp owns show so it still has its natural beauty. Dry COUNTY BYOB!!!!! I go there 2-4 times a summer 5 hrs drive for me and always worth it. HUGE lake in the tahiti.... I run a 27 ft twin (bbc)cobalt Great lake for deep vee boat.

Pheelin Phroggy
03-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks, guess a road trip will have to be planned this summer to check it out!
Whats up Mark! Speaking of Powell, have this years dates been set yet?

Pheelin Phroggy
03-22-2007, 02:06 PM
not much, traded in our business suits for classA licenses and have been travelling for 3 months waiting for the season, gonna get the boat ready next week and start planning trips. Just trying to find some new water to play on!

JoeB
03-23-2007, 12:35 PM
Guys,
I live here at Lake Cumberland, and don't let the water being down keep you from enjoying a vacation here. I see it as a benefit to most folks. For example, there's more room for camping along side of the lake due to the enlarged shore line. Normally the water's in the tree's and no shore at all.
Again, still plenty of water. Here's a link to my local dock. http://www.conleybottom.com/
Joe

Pheelin Phroggy
03-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the link JoeB, We are working on a road trip now, with the boat in tow of course, right after the next shot of Don Julio

cyndi63
04-15-2007, 03:30 PM
I have a place on Lake Cumberland that overlooks Conley Bottom. There really isnt a prettier lake in the country. Even with the damn issues on my end of the lake all is well. The lake is huge.... the problems are going to be the inlets and the tubers and skiers. In other words the lake is so deep that the main lake will be fine but in my opinion performance boats are going to own the lake!