My guess is early 60's - but what manufacturer -Schiada, howard, patterson -
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1663A-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1663_B-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1663c-med.JPG
It used to be named jelly bean
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1663d-med.JPG

Cole Sanger
10-18-2003, 03:17 PM
I am going to go out on a limb and guess a sanger. I am probably wrong, but that is my guess. Looks like one except for the bulkhead that goes between the drivers compartment and the engine compartment. Other than that, the lines look a lot alike. I am sure someone will know exactly what it is though. Good luck on the project.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/643119-1953_IMG-med.JPG
[ October 18, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Cole Sanger ]

1st Timer
10-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Seen some Rayson-Crafts that had the divider. But then what the hell do I no. Hanson, you got any ideas?

Big Proppa
10-18-2003, 03:54 PM
that would be cool

1Bahnerjet
10-18-2003, 04:03 PM
This one has the same Divider, A 1966 Stevens :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43tickortreatii-med.jpg
-----
Thats BANNER with an H
[ October 18, 2003, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: 1Bahnerjet ]

AZKC
10-18-2003, 04:06 PM
That boats deck is friqin tits jawdrop
KC

10-18-2003, 04:06 PM
That hull looks alot like a Lavey-Craft. Short deck rise, center deck and transom all say Lavey. A dead giveaway for Laveys is the 1 piece hull [no deck cap] Made in a clamshell mold.

1Bahnerjet
10-18-2003, 04:11 PM
Mandella's had that Clam shell deal too, That must have been FUN glassing those things. :rolleyes:
-----
Thats BANNER with an H

GofastRacer
10-18-2003, 04:17 PM
It could be a Lavey, it's definitly not a Stevens though!.. :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
10-18-2003, 04:47 PM
That Stevens wood deck is sweet. You thinking about picking that boat up Big Proppa?

blownmoney
10-18-2003, 05:27 PM
gofast, why are you sure its not a stevens?, i've seen many stevens that have the divider like that, what tells you its not?..it also has a very short deck , like most stevens..
[ October 18, 2003, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: blownmoney ]

Big Proppa
10-18-2003, 05:28 PM
well Demontzsta those pics were taken in my yard this afternoon- project number 7 is on it's way. I really do think it's a sickness.
Is their a way to tell if it's one piece and not just capped?.

Big Proppa
10-18-2003, 05:32 PM
Shit if I start sanding on this thing tomorrow and it turns out to be a wood decker - I will be seriously stoked

VD CRUISER
10-18-2003, 06:01 PM
Some Howards had the center deck also.

Screw loose
10-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Big Proppa:
Shit if I start sanding on this thing tomorrow and it turns out to be a wood decker - I will be seriously stoked That would be to cool :D

Rusty Knutts
10-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Looks a lot like my dads old Mandella. Proppa Hope you find Morning Wood! :D

DansBlown73Nordic
10-18-2003, 07:45 PM
i will gaurantee you its not a Stevens. first the divider is glassed in. And second the transom is the complete wrong shape.

Rusty Knutts
10-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Dans66Stevens:
i will gaurantee you its not a Stevens. first the divider is glassed in. And second the transom is the complete wrong shape. I agree 100%

Big Proppa
10-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Thats funny rusty nuts - looking forward to a double wood Sunday

GofastRacer
10-18-2003, 08:12 PM
blownmoney:
gofast, why are you sure its not a stevens?, i've seen many stevens that have the divider like that, what tells you its not?..it also has a very short deck , like most stevens.. Yep you're right on all counts excecpt for the transom. Stevens had a unique design, this is my first boat I bought it in 73 and Stevens told me that was the second from the last boat he made. It originally had a wood deck with the the center deck. The deck became thrashed and it was replaced with a glass deck...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/12Stevens.jpg

gunslinger
10-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Theres an old Baron in the boat trader that has that divider 1966.

blownmoney
10-18-2003, 11:16 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by blownmoney:
gofast, why are you sure its not a stevens?, i've seen many stevens that have the divider like that, what tells you its not?..it also has a very short deck , like most stevens..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep you're right on all counts excecpt for the transom. Stevens had a unique design, this is my first boat I bought it in 73 and Stevens told me that was the second from the last boat he made. It originally had a wood deck with the the center deck. The deck became thrashed and it was replaced with a glass deck...
--------------------
V-Drives!..Is there anything else??...
thats why i love this place you learn somethin new everyday!!!! :D :D :D

10-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Big Proppa:
Is their a way to tell if it's one piece and not just capped?. Look under the deck and gunwales where the side of the hull meets the deck. Is there a glassed in seam? If there is a seam that is a "capped" hull. No seam, clamshell molded 1 piece hull. Mandellas and Laveys are 1 piece hulls.

msmeads1
10-31-2003, 09:01 PM
BIG PROPA,
DID YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT YEAR AND MAKE THIS HULL IS?
LOOKS REALLY COOL TO ME/:)

Big Proppa
10-31-2003, 09:08 PM
No we never really did figure it out, but we have a couple different sets of numbers on it that the owner might take down to the dmv and see what it was registered as. BigBoyToys posted a picture of an old sanger that looked alot like this one but it's really hard to tell.
By the way this hull is for sale for $700 - great project everythingid there including and hydraulic gas pedal.

old rigger
11-01-2003, 08:07 AM
All builders had the center deck if you go back far enough.
I just looked at a 64 Stevens, the center deck was NOT removable and was not glassed in after the deck was glassed to the hull. It was part of the deck mold, which on this black boat it's not. A center deck that is part of the mold will have sides of it's own that extent down the same depth as the gunnale and are of the same part, no seams. This one, you can see in the first photo, is very thin, like a wood deck boat, or something that's been added later.
The reason everyone had a center deck when they started to build glass boats is because they popped the molds from their own wood decks. My Howards a 65 with no center deck, but I've seen other 65s with, they too were part of the mold and not added in after. Meaning Brown still had 2 molds for the same bottom.
Big Proppa, if you want to know if it's a wood decker, just peek under and look at it, you don't need to sand on anything. The construction is completly different for a wood deck boat.
It's not a Howard because it doesn't have the gunnals that dip down at the front seat, like that white Sanger has. It's not a Stevens because the gunnale on the stevens wraps completley around the boat. This one fades way, like a Howard, at the bustle, or rear deck. That's if it's a glass deck. If it's a wood deck. who knows because each one could be different.
Howard did his own wood decks. Mac Stevens hired them out, Harlin Orran did wood decks for him and also for Mandella, (his uncle) and for most every one else. Looking at the pic that Bahnerjet posted of that beautiful wood decker, the center deck looks to be exactly the same with the round radius's on the front side where the seat would go and the graceful radius that kinda flows back where the rear seat is.'Cept the gunnales are cut down too on that woodeck at the front seat.
I don't have a clue who built her.........

msmeads1
11-01-2003, 08:25 AM
big proppa,
please check your pm.

AzDon
11-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Not a Mandella because of the flat transom, no flare to the sides and the deck is not on top of the caprail. It looks EXACTLY like a 64 Howard I had which DID NOT have the armrest dip. Howard is my guess!

mouzer
11-02-2003, 09:03 PM
i know this boat is for sale for $500.00 we think its a old howard.

old rigger
11-03-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by AzDon
Not a Mandella because of the flat transom, no flare to the sides and the deck is not on top of the caprail. It looks EXACTLY like a 64 Howard I had which DID NOT have the armrest dip. Howard is my guess!
If you had a 64 glass deck Howard, like his 64 record setting 'how bout that, which was a glass deck with the center deck, it had gunnales that dipped down.
Maybe you had a wood deck that was made to have straight gunnales.
I don't think the ones for sale a Howard. The rear deck is different, it has the gunnales that fade away, but it doesn't have the same detail where the cap continues around like a Howard has.

T-Bag
11-03-2003, 08:35 AM
I used to own a 1966 hallet flatty that looked VERY similar with the bulk head behind the ft seat . If i remeber correctly there were some numbers glassed in the pass side stringer in front of the free board or "kick" board. hope it helps.