PDA

View Full Version : another new guy

4604me
01-28-2006, 12:15 AM
so my wife buys me a 78 19ft Hawaiian jet for a wedding gift (shes the speed freek) its got a 460 ford with a berkeley JC all stock, it ran great all summer but i noticed a leak at the pump inside the boat, water comming from one of the bowl bolts so i remove the bowl to find the bowl gasket gone at the suspected bolt hole. i dont think any body has been inside the pump so i thought i should rebuild it. (bearings, gaskets, ect.) my impeller looks good except for some small nicks,that i can dress up,and it measured out at 7.216 O.D. my wear ring measured 7.255 ID,so i guess i need to replace the wear ring. so what is the differance between a shoulderd and non shoulderd wear ring and can i gain any preformance by triming or shaping the impeller,its a A impeller. also any tricks to getting the bowl bearings out. any input would be appreciated thanks.

Squirtin Thunder
01-28-2006, 12:53 AM
If you click on the Berkeley Jet Drive in my signature line there is a ton of real good info.
Welcome to ***boat !!! :cool:

shootingstar72683
01-28-2006, 03:21 AM
so my wife buys me a 78 19ft Hawaiian jet for a wedding gift (shes the speed freek) its got a 460 ford with a berkeley JC all stock, it ran great all summer but i noticed a leak at the pump inside the boat, water comming from one of the bowl bolts so i remove the bowl to find the bowl gasket gone at the suspected bolt hole. i dont think any body has been inside the pump so i thought i should rebuild it. (bearings, gaskets, ect.) my impeller looks good except for some small nicks,that i can dress up,and it measured out at 7.216 O.D. my wear ring measured 7.255 ID,so i guess i need to replace the wear ring. so what is the differance between a shoulderd and non shoulderd wear ring and can i gain any preformance by triming or shaping the impeller,its a A impeller. also any tricks to getting the bowl bearings out. any input would be appreciated thanks.
Better hold on to that wife!

BigBlockBaja
01-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Better hold on to that wife!
Thats what Im saying!!! I think ya should post some pics of the boat and your wife..... :crossx: :crossx: