01-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Here you go :D
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/showthread.php?t=139103

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Storage is not a problem!! LOL :D

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 10:15 AM
I have a couple of lines on LS-1's. Also have a line on a motor that was just pulled from a Ford F-150 Lightning. Supercharged ready to go. :)

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Storage is not a problem!! LOL :D
RB can always find a way to help me spend my money. ;) :D :rolleyes:

riverbound
01-24-2007, 10:17 AM
I even have a trailer for it, its at the river right now, but nothing a little banzai run cant take care of.
supercharged lightning motor would be interesting:idea:

shockwaveharry
01-24-2007, 10:35 AM
I have a couple of lines on LS-1's. Also have a line on a motor that was just pulled from a Ford F-150 Lightning. Supercharged ready to go. :)
What are you building???

riverbound
01-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Im gonna go look for some mende's for ya ;)

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 10:41 AM
What are you building???
Very seriously considering a long travel sandrail. :)

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Im gonna go look for some mende's for ya ;)
Do it. Motors are easy, it is the tranny that is a pain.

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 10:49 AM
why build it when you can buy it?:D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124758&highlight=desert+dynamics
Get you a deal;)

djunkie
01-24-2007, 10:52 AM
That lightning motor might be kinda heavy.

riverbound
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Get you a deal;)
How much of a deal??
<---;)

riverbound
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
That lightning motor might be kinda heavy.
Why?...its also an aluminum motor smaller displacement.

djunkie
01-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Why?...its also an aluminum motor smaller displacement.
Is it an aluminum block? I wasn't sure.

riverbound
01-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Is it an aluminum block? I wasn't sure.
My bad....looked it up, cast iron alum. heads.
ENGINE
Configuration Longitudinally mounted, single overhead cam, 90-degree TritonTM V8, intercooled/supercharged, cast iron block, aluminum-alloy heads, forged steel crankshaft
Bore x Stroke 90mm x 105.6mm
Displacement 5,410cc/330cid
Compression ratio 8.4:1
Horsepower 360 hp @ 4,750 rpm
Torque 440 lb/ft @ 3,000 rpm
Specific output 66.7 hp per liter
Redline 5,250 rpm (fuel shut-off occurs at 5,400 rpm)
Valvetrain Single overhead camshafts, chain drive, roller finger followers with hydraulic lash adjustment, beehive valve springs, two valves per cylinder
Intake valves 1 per cylinder, 44.5mm head diameter
Exhaust valves 1 per cylinder, 36mm head diameter
Fuel system Sequential electronic fuel injection, Premium calibration
Induction system Pressure-charged. Eaton Corporation Generation IV Roots-type supercharger, water-to-air intercooler in-vee
Supercharger 8.0 psi
Throttle body Dual-bore 57mm
Mass-air sensor 80mm diameter

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Get you a deal;)
I would love that car, but it would take some serious reduction to the price for me to swing it! :(
I am just a poor working boy trying to buy a toy. ;)

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I will probably end up going with the LS1 or LS2. Would love to find an LS6, but they are pretty rare. :(
The one nice thing about the Lightning motor is the blower makes you get up in RPM's real fast!!! N/A doesn't have the kick.

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I would love that car, but it would take some serious reduction to the price for me to swing it! :(
Even if you scored a motor for cheap you will have over 30K into a rail when all is said and done. there is no damm way not to spend 10K on a stuipid mendy.(Thats why I bought a Rhino)
I think that I could get him down a bit if cash $$ was involved. (Maybe 35K:) )
It would cost over 50K to duplicate.

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
How much of a deal??
<---;)
Have your grandpa call me:D;)

riverbound
01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Have your grandpa call me:D;)
LMAO....if you talk to him have him call me, he never bought me that ice cream he promised me 23 years ago.:mad:

DMOORE
01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
I will probably end up going with the LS1 or LS2. Would love to find an LS6, but they are pretty rare. :(
The one nice thing about the Lightning motor is the blower makes you get up in RPM's real fast!!! N/A doesn't have the kick.
An LS1/2 with a supercharger would most likely cost you 1/2 of what a ls6 is running. Thier really hard to find still. As far as the Mendola is concerned, best of luck trying to find a good used one. I looked everywhere and no luck. They were within a couple of hundred of a new one. Try dunebuggy.com, sometimes they are in the classifieds.
Darrell.

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Even if you scored a motor for cheap you will have over 30K into a rail when all is said and done. there is no damm way not to spend 10K on a stuipid mendy.(Thats why I bought a Rhino)
I think that I could get him down a bit if cash $$ was involved. (Maybe 35K:) )
It would cost over 50K to duplicate.
I know what they cost to build. I looked long and hard about building something from scratch, but that isn't going to happen right now. I have a line on a car that I should be able to steal and finish. Would get me into the price range I need to be.
$35K is still WAY out of my price range. :(

djunkie
01-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Get your wallet out cause these cars aint cheap. The suspension and transmission alone can cost close to $20k :eek: :eek:

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Get your wallet out cause these cars aint cheap. The suspension and transmission alone can cost close to $20k :eek: :eek:
Believe me, I know. :eek: I have done my homework!!!

DMOORE
01-24-2007, 11:19 AM
I just found the DEAL of THE YEAR for a buddy. 2 seat mid-engine long travel with Northstar and 2D mendeola. $19.5k!!!! The guy needed cash. They are out there, you just have to keep looking and have cash ready.
Darrell.

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 11:22 AM
I just found the DEAL of THE YEAR for a buddy. 2 seat mid-engine long travel with Northstar and 2D mendeola. $19.5k!!!! The guy needed cash. They are out there, you just have to keep looking and have cash ready.
Darrell.
Exactly. It is being in the right place at the right time. I have the cash, just need to find that one deal where the guy needs to offload it NOW!!! Swoop in and pick it up. :)
Might have found that deal already, just checking it out right now. :)

DMOORE
01-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Exactly. It is being in the right place at the right time. I have the cash, just need to find that one deal where the guy needs to offload it NOW!!! Swoop in and pick it up. :)
Might have found that deal already, just checking it out right now. :)
EXACTLY. My buddy was the 1st guy there. Lot of it's luck.
Darrell.

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I know what they cost to build. I looked long and hard about building something from scratch, but that isn't going to happen right now. I have a line on a car that I should be able to steal and finish. Would get me into the price range I need to be.
$35K is still WAY out of my price range. :(
Even with my old industry hookups and a home built motor (5.3L with a maggie) it was gonna cost me 30K plus to do.
I even considered doing one of those V8 rails with the front mounted motor motor so you could use a Junk yard 10 bolt and 4L60/80 for cheap.
The roller was still spensive!!!

BLOWN HOWARD
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Screw the V8's run the SUBY. Because you will be getting spanked all day by them anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

riverbound
01-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Screw the V8's run the SUBY. Because you will be getting spanked all day by them anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/attachment.php?attachmentid=22664&stc=1&d=1169670565
This one runs the suby....although it is maybe faster on the top than a v8 the v8 has much more grunt to it. so it depends on if you are looking for a fast car on flat land or if you are looking for a car to go up the hills with eaze

riverbound
01-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Even with my old industry hookups and a home built motor (5.3L with a maggie) it was gonna cost me 30K plus to do.
I even considered doing one of those V8 rails with the front mounted motor motor so you could use a Junk yard 10 bolt and 4L60/80 for cheap.
The roller was still spensive!!!
There are quite a few used rollers out there that are veery well priced. I think the Key here is he has a line on a roller that someone NEEDS to get rid of ASAP ;)

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Power is power
I would much rather have a Whippiled/Maggied LS2 that makes 600+ HP on pump gas and 8lbs of boost than a 600+HP subby with 30lbs and race gas.
The LSX's are hard to beat in the power to weight ratio.

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I disagree with that statement. Our buddy has a Desert Dynamics car with a turbo'ed Subaru. We ran the hill on Sat night and Sunday day. All of the N/A LS1 cars were just as fast as him. He never did a side by side drag up the hill, but they appeared to be roughly the same speed. The problem is his car is 100% race gas (110) and this is also his 2nd motor because the first one grenaded.
I think that the LS1's would probably be the best overall motor for out in the dunes. Besides, put on a set of turbos and they will SPANK the Subarus out there.

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 12:37 PM
There are quite a few used rollers out there that are veery well priced. I think the Key here is he has a line on a roller that someone NEEDS to get rid of ASAP ;)
Cool!
With Dannys abilities he will be able to build something off the chains for a good price. You on the other hand need to buy one complete:D:D;)

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Cool!
With Dannys abilities he will be able to build something off the chains for a good price. You on the other hand need to buy one complete:D:D;)
Ha Ha. We will see what happens. It should be interesting. :)

rivergoer
01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
bill just go in halfies with me on one...its not like i will use it that much anyway.......

riverbound
01-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Cool!
I already have my eyes set on one that will be available next season, by then the timing will be right ;)

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Ha Ha. We will see what happens. It should be interesting. :)
I would love to do it but it's a big exspense.
I don't want to pay to freshen the Mendy every 2 years.Not to mention the cars are huge and require a big ass trailer.
It's all the other stuff that starts to add up.
My uncles buddy just built a cool Tech 3 with a carn buick motor for a good price. Car hauls pretty good and hadles like it's on rails since it's a mid engine.
Still there is nothing like lauching or bombing through the whoops in a huge LT V8 powered rail!!!:D:D

riverbound
01-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Cool!
Hey now....:mad:
I just PREFER to buy one complete. I will wait until a deal to good to pass up comes along.

rivergoer
01-24-2007, 01:04 PM
yeah like someon who wants to go in on one with you that you are related to........its like free cash knowing that i have a huge possibilities of moving out of state in a few mos......like i said bill i just want one to play in when im able which isnt that often...

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey now....:mad:
I just PREFER to buy one complete. I will wait until a deal to good to pass up comes along.
Don't worry I wouldn't have the welding/fab abilities to make it as nice a I would want.:)

riverbound
01-24-2007, 01:06 PM
yeah like someon who wants to go in on one with you that you are related to........its like free cash knowing that i have a huge possibilities of moving out of state in a few mos......like i said bill i just want one to play in when im able which isnt that often...
We are looking at 2 different types of cars...plus I wont be ready for at least a year.

rivergoer
01-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Don't worry I wouldn't have the welding/fab abilities to make it as nice a I would want.:)
hey we know a welder named deb out at the river....he also makes great shine i hear :D dont let the no teeth and stuffed dog he calls a pet fool ya...hahaha

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 01:10 PM
hey we know a welder named deb out at the river....he also makes great shine i hear :D dont let the no teeth and stuffed dog he calls a pet fool ya...hahaha
The shine sounds good!!!!:D;)

rivergoer
01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
oh its good stuff... makes you see stars and tunnel vision the first few sips..but after that you wont remember your name or what country your in..one hell of a head ach afterwards too......good times .....long wlk back to the house:(

riverbound
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
oh its good stuff... makes you see stars and tunnel vision the first few sips..but after that you wont remember your name or what country your in..one hell of a head ach afterwards too......good times .....long wlk back to the house:(
we walked?? I thought we floated back. :jawdrop:

Cole Trickle
01-24-2007, 01:16 PM
we walked?? I thought we floated back. :jawdrop:
Pretty happy I missed that weekend;):jawdrop:

mach1alaska
01-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Just talked to the friend that has this one and he would take $22,000 for it right now,4 seater fresh Ls1 and mendeola ready to go
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133440&highlight=seaterhttp://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20031&stc=1

BADBLOWN572
01-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Just talked to the friend that has this one and he would take $22,000 for it right now,4 seater fresh Ls1 and mendeola ready to go
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20031&stc=1
That right there is a beam car with little suspension travel. I am looking to build something that is going to have between 20-24" worth of travel. The beam cars are good for the desert, but cant touch a long travel in the sand.