PDA

View Full Version : Go check out The Guardian !!!!!!

THEPISTONHEAD
01-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Finally a movie that covers what we do every day. From experience, I can honestly say it is refreshing to see a military movie that is acurate. I would say that the movie had only 1 to 2 percent "Hollywood Fluff".......Check it out and see what you think. Go Coast Guard !!!!!!!!!!

HBjet
01-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Watched it in the theater and thought it was great. Just bought it today on DVD and watched some of the extra features in the office. It was great on how the film crew wanted to be as accurate as they could. One of the main contributing factors I believe in achieving that is the Coast Guard gave tremendous support to the project by getting basically everything the film crew needed. Also the actors certainly went out of their way to be accurate and they went through the same training school as you would to join. Very good film and seeing it on the big screen was great!
It is nice to see a movie show an unselfish service that is performed everyday.... Especially one that most people know nothing about.
HBjet

Riverless
01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
I saw it in the theater and I loved it. Best movie I saw in a long time. I'm glad to hear that it is accurate and not fluff.

Debbolas
01-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Good to know!!
Thanks, I've been wanting to see it :D

Boatcop
01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Haven't seen it yet. Was waiting to see what the reviews were from those of us who've been there.
As far as the Coast Guard's involvement, they have an office in LA for liason with the studios and producers. A Warrant Officer hangs out there and his sole purpose is to review TV and Movie scripts to se if they should get the CG support, and make suggestions and changes so the Coast Guard is portrayed in a positive light.
They also give strong support of personnel and equipment, just to get the planes and Cutters in the spotlight. Think CSI Miami. Miami Vice. Baywatch. (well. Bad example. :D )
It sounds like this movie hit the mark. The Perfect Storm was another one.
Not like the movie "The Beast", several years ago that made us look like a bunch of idiots.

cc322
01-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Watched it last Sat night Damn good movie. I will give it a thumbs up

Windy
01-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Finally a movie that covers what we do every day. From experience, I can honestly say it is refreshing to see a military movie that is acurate. I would say that the movie had only 1 to 2 percent "Hollywood Fluff".......Check it out and see what you think. Go Coast Guard !!!!!!!!!!
We had to watch it on the big screen. Good movie. I watched it again yesterday at my station. The films they had to watch in A school, we had to watch in Damage Control training in NY when the Navy sent me there for AT last August.

vmjtc3
01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
We watched it on the plane ride home from South Carolina last week. It was
a great movie.

voodoomedman
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
We watched it on the plane ride home from South Carolina last week. It was
a great movie.
I was in South Carolina in September. Absolutely beautiful.

vmjtc3
01-24-2007, 08:15 PM
I was in South Carolina in September. Absolutely beautiful.
I wish I would have had more time to check the place out. It was GREEN.:D
Remids me of Montana. Some time I would like to go back and check it out. All we got to see was Ft Jackson. And the surrounding area.

voodoomedman
01-24-2007, 08:18 PM
I wish I would have had more time to check the place out. It was GREEN.:D
Remids me of Montana. Some time I would like to go back and check it out. All we got to see was Ft Jackson. And the surrounding area.
We spent a week in Abbeville and Greenwood area with friends. My wifes High School friend got married to a guy from there and moved there. If I ever left SoCal I would seriously consider going there. Lakes all over the place, green and you will meet more nice people waiting in line at the grocery store than you do all damn year here.

vmjtc3
01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Yep, We meet more nice people at breakfast in the hotel than I have meet in ten year's in Vegas. Kinda strange to say good morning to someone and end up in a hour long conversation. I think I would consider living there as well.