PDA

View Full Version : Oh this sucks big time!!

Kindsvater Flat
01-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Sheriff investigate boyÂ’s death
By: Marian Liddell, Resident Reporter LocalNews1
Lassen County SheriffÂ’s are currently investigating the mysterious death of a 9-year old boy from Westwood.
On Monday, Jan. 22 a Fletcher Walker Elementary School student, was found at the Westwood Park hanging from a tree.
No further information is available at this time. The Lassen County Sheriffs are requesting anyone with information about this incident contact the SheriffÂ’s office at 220 S. Lassen St., in Susanville or call 530/257-6121.
Fletcher Walker Elementary administration provided grief counseling for students and staff on Tuesday, Jan. 23.
I can't believe someone would do this.

topless
01-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Sorry but this is just sick. Foul play was involved whether it was because he was abused by his parents and wanted to commit suicide or at the hands of a freak. Either way, how can they say no foul play was involved?

lawbreaker2
01-24-2007, 07:07 PM
They found a guy hanging in the tree in the park here a few weeks ago, but he has been hanging around for a few months tho.:rolleyes:

Riverless
01-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I wonder if it had anything to do with watching Saddam's hanging on the Internet like these did...
--------------------------
Video transmission of Saddam execution tied to boys' hangings
The boys' deaths -- scattered in the United States, in Yemen, in Turkey and elsewhere in seemingly isolated horror -- had one thing in common: They hanged themselves after watching televised images of Saddam Hussein's execution.
Officials and relatives say the children appeared to be mimicking the former dictator's Dec. 30 hanging, shown both on a sanitized Iraqi government tape and explicit clandestine videos that popped up on Web sites and some TV channels.
The leaked videos, apparently taken by cell phone cameras, set off international outrage over the raucous scene at Saddam's execution, but some experts are more concerned about the images of the deposed Iraqi leader dropping through the gallows floor and his body swinging at the end of a rope.
The experts say such graphic images can severely affect youngsters who do not yet understand the consequences of death and violence -- especially because Saddam's death received intense international attention.
"They see how it's done, but they don't think it's horrific, and they're more likely to imitate it," said Hisham Ramy, an associate professor of psychiatry at Ain Shams University in Cairo.
A day after Saddam's execution, a 10-year-old boy in Texas hanged himself from a bunk bed after watching a news report on the execution. Police in the Houston suburb of Webster said the boy, Sergio Pelico, tied a slipknot around his neck while on the bed but did not mean to kill himself.
"I don't think he thought it was real," Julio Gustavo, Sergio's uncle, said afterward.
Something similar occurred in Turkey, where 12-year-old Alisen Akti hanged himself Wednesday from a bunk bed after watching TV footage. His father, Esat Akti, told a newspaper in the southeastern province of Mus that his son was affected by the televised images.
Nine-year-old Mubassahr Ali, from the eastern Pakistan town of Rahim Yar Khan, died hours after Saddam when he also mimicked the execution, police official Sultan Ahmed Chaudhry said.
"The ill-fated boy used a long piece of cloth, tied it with a ceiling fan and wrapped its other end around his neck. Then he stood on a chair and fell down," Chaudhry said.
In Yemen, at least two young boys died and another was injured in apparent imitations of Saddam's hanging.
One of the cases involved a 13-year-old junior high school student who hanged himself after watching Saddam's execution on television, a Yemeni security official said.
When the boy's family returned to their home outside the capital, San'a, on Wednesday, they found him hanging from a tree wearing a traditional Arab headdress, said the boy's cousin, Yahya al-Hammadi.
In Saudi Arabia, a 12-year-old boy was found by his brother hanging from an iron door with a rope around his neck, the newspaper Okaz reported. The boy, Sultan Abdullah al-Shemmeri, lived with his family in the province of Hafr al-Baten, near the Iraqi border.
"The child was just 12 years old and didn't really know whether the execution of Saddam was something good or bad," a Saudi Interior Ministry official said Saturday. The official spoke on condition of anonymity.
Local media in Algeria and India also have reported other mimicking deaths, but these could not immediately be confirmed.

vmjtc3
01-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Sorry but this is just sick. Foul play was involved whether it was because he was abused by his parents and wanted to commit suicide or at the hands of a freak. Either way, how can they say no foul play was involved?
It may have been an accident. He could have gotten his cothing cought as he fell. It has happend a lot. This is why kid's sweatshirts no longer have the pull string's in them.

Kurtis500
01-24-2007, 09:50 PM
It is posible to accidentally hang yourself with clothes or through a set of bars.
I wont say this is the case here at all, but 15 years ago when I just started in the fire department I ran on a 13 year old boy wearing his moms panties and bra and was hanging from the back porch patio beam. dead. Autoerotic masterbation(sp?) It was unfortunate to see a dead 13y/o boy dressed like that.

Huckleberry
01-24-2007, 10:23 PM
When I was a kid one of my friends hung himself at 10 years old because he didn't get a BB Gun for his birthday. :( Truly sad when a youngster throws their life away like this.

Flyinbowtie
01-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Sad, Sad, Sad.
Dealing with the death of children was unquestionably the toughtest part of my former career.
Isn't it ironic that people don't appreciate the value of life until we are nearer to the end of it? Isn't it sad that so many young people in this world end there lives long before they even know what living is all about?