PDA

View Full Version : New Race Boat in Spokane,Wn.

CircleJerk
03-17-2003, 02:16 PM
It's Here! 'Sweet Caroline' a 1977 Lavey-Craft Sidewinder is the newest boat to be purchased and will race at Banks Lake June 14-15. This craft currently holds the Pro Comp mile+ record at 104.6 average with the competitive George Nordling as the driver. It has been resting in Oregon and was only used one or two times a year for water skiing! Now, it will have a similar BBC rated at 586 Horsepower {single carb} to give all the 'B' boats a run for the Money. The new Dash for Cash format will include the Nostalgic Flats with a yearend payout! Is the Jerk excited? You Bet your SplitCase I am! Look out 'B-Boats', a new Sheriff is in town! A NOSTY one. JeRkout smile_sp

GofastRacer
03-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Well, congrats Jerk, you got a piece of history, take care of it, seen George win a lot of races with that boat!. eek! Now, all you have to do is learn how to drive a Lavey!. :D I'm sure you have a good teacher! :D :D
BTW, does it still have it's original paint on it?. :cool:
[ March 17, 2003, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-17-2003, 06:34 PM
I putting my money on the Nordling/Bezer coming in first and Justin Davis 2nd. If the Blonde Bombshell runs this class she'll be third! Any takers???? :D

FlatRat
03-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Hey jerk,
post pics of new baby.I got the package today,great stuff. Will make reservations this week.Thanks F.R.

GofastRacer
03-17-2003, 06:40 PM
I ain't saying shit!!... wink :D :D :D :D

boatguy222
03-17-2003, 08:20 PM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I putting my money on the Nordling/Bezer coming in first and Justin Davis 2nd. If the Blonde Bombshell runs this class she'll be third! Any takers???? :D V-DV,
You said it, George will have them covered, I think that he will cover the APBA boys from Seattle if they have to guts to show up,
Justin, 2nd, will maybe, he can drive! but they get another boat, to be fast.
BBS will spank the Circle Jerk in the skiboat class.

CircleJerk
03-18-2003, 12:41 AM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
I putting my money on the Nordling/Bezer coming in first and Justin Davis 2nd. If the Blonde Bombshell runs this class she'll be third! Any takers???? :D Jerrry..Jerrrry..Jerrrrry....What's got into you? Who's money you using for the betting? I will take that bet cause I know who the driver is to the Caroline, and it aint me! He just happens to be the returning class Champ and he beat George with a heavy old Hallett until Marcs Bezer was borrowed for the last race. He still stayed close even chasing the 496 injected Bezer. He gave GN about 600 or more pounds in boat weight alone. I thing this will be a RACE, especially since he plans beating GN with his old boat! Remember Marc didnt sell the horsepower package with the boat. Rumor has it that a 468 will replace it and the Lavey will have a 586 HP 433. Basically it will be a SS that turns hard.
Now as for second, Dont forget GNs old Sanger returning with a wild man at the wheel named Robbie. Then the 75Beisemeyer from St John with a wild stroker motor driven by a former sprint car guy. And finally a new veteran making his debute in the Nosty class is former SS700 Champ Brian Hande in his SK Jones shortie. He used to run second only to the Yellow Zonkers boat of Steve Jones! Gene Gene in his E Machine Lavey is also from the StJohn gang and just plain looks MEAN! Now, Justin has a new Lavey he only drove once, with a unproven SS mill. Still want to bet?
And I saved the best for last, 126racer may be accepting the challenge?????!!! Seattle boys beware, there are a bunch of 'Nosties' in this here town.........JeRkinheim smile_sp

CircleJerk
03-18-2003, 12:49 AM
GofastRacer:
Well, congrats Jerk, you got a piece of history, take care of it, seen George win a lot of races with that boat!. eek! Now, all you have to do is learn how to drive a Lavey!. :D I'm sure you have a good teacher! :D :D
BTW, does it still have it's original paint on it?. :cool: Sorry, I led you on. I was only the broker in the deal. The boat is in town but someone elses garage. You're right, she can drive the present combo, but that is about to change! Burley???? Gofast, what gear do I need? Scott?
The paint was redone and I will ask the BBS to post a current pic. The trailer # still says PC871! smile_sp

GofastRacer
03-18-2003, 07:04 AM
CircleJerk:
[QUOTE]Burley???? Gofast, what gear do I need? The trailer # still says PC871! smile_sp What gear you got now?, what rpm do you want to run it at?.. :cool:
I think I would get another plate for the trailer and frame that one!.. wink :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-18-2003, 02:42 PM
CircleJerk
Snip, snip, snip//// 126racer may be accepting the challenge?????!!! Seattle boys beware, there are a bunch of 'Nosties' in this here town.........JeRkinheim smile_sp [/QB]Ok, I dont know about any of these new entries but... I will revise my wager; 1st Nordling/Bezer, 2nd K-126 from Az. (if he shows up), 3rd Probably one of these new entries your talking about, 4th Davis (if he puts SS motor in the Hondo/Sprint, 5th BBS if jerkster removes any and all obstruction from the throttle linkage! wink Any takers????$$$$$$ JG

CircleJerk
03-19-2003, 02:00 AM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CircleJerk:
Snip, snip, snip//// HOW DID YOU DO THIS?? I didnt say snip snip! smile_sp [/b][/QUOT 1st Nordling/Bezer, 2nd K-126 from Az. (if he shows up), 3rd Probably one of these new entries your talking about, 4th Davis wink Any takers????$$$$$$ JG [/QB]News Flash, The BBS is getting a LeGAL SK Motor! You dont think much of Scotts chances, do you?
I say SWEET CAROLINE overall 1st, George 2nd, and the 16' Jones third with Brian Hande at the wheel. Sorry Scott, I havent seen you drive! I hear Justin may not race period. The Blonde Bomb Shelter {Iraq } First in the second fastest heat! And YOURE ON! Us Nosties are better than you happen to think JG.... smile_sp

CircleJerk
03-19-2003, 02:23 AM
GofastRacer:
[qb] [QUOTE]Burley???? Gofast, what gear do I need? The trailer # still says PC871! smile_sp What gear you got now?, what rpm do you want to run it at?
Bad News, He wants to remove the name and install his own numbers! I have got to get him proof of its history fast. I showed him your picture but not enough. Here's the serial # PBSB00690875. My translation: Pico Boat Shop B-? 69th boat produced that year? Built August 1975. Is this close? Interesting? 069 Caroline?? I was told only 22 sidewinders were built total. The engine is an amazing 30 inches from transome on the right side and 31 inches " " on the left! That puts the crankshaft at an angle pointing at the passenger or away from the turn! The V-drive is rotated to the same side, twisted up so the shifter handle is about 70 degrees to the bottom of the hull. If you had a handle it would rub on the drive line tube, so there is no long handle. The strut is 30 inches to cav plate!
Now BBS's Lavey strut is 29" to plate, and engine is at 31 inches even. Shaft angle is 8. V-drives are the same at 92". So she may be set up OK and ready for more power. Do you agree? The tallest gear I have for Burley is an 18 and the 396 has pulled to 6900 with a 15" prop. Will we embarrase other Lavey owner-fans on such a long course? StiLlaJeRk PS; didnt Gordon Jennings drive the PC871 or just the SK671 'Caroline'?

GofastRacer
03-19-2003, 07:17 AM
CircleJerk:
GofastRacer:
[qb] [QUOTE]Burley???? Gofast, what gear do I need? The trailer # still says PC871! smile_sp What gear you got now?, what rpm do you want to run it at?
Bad News, He wants to remove the name and install his own numbers! I have got to get him proof of its history fast. I showed him your picture but not enough. Here's the serial # PBSB00690875. My translation: Pico Boat Shop B-? 69th boat produced that year? Built August 1975. Is this close? Interesting? 069 Caroline?? I was told only 22 sidewinders were built total. The engine is an amazing 30 inches from transome on the right side and 31 inches " " on the left! That puts the crankshaft at an angle pointing at the passenger or away from the turn! The V-drive is rotated to the same side, twisted up so the shifter handle is about 70 degrees to the bottom of the hull. If you had a handle it would rub on the drive line tube, so there is no long handle. The strut is 30 inches to cav plate!
Now BBS's Lavey strut is 29" to plate, and engine is at 31 inches even. Shaft angle is 8. V-drives are the same at 92". So she may be set up OK and ready for more power. Do you agree? The tallest gear I have for Burley is an 18 and the 396 has pulled to 6900 with a 15" prop. Will we embarrase other Lavey owner-fans on such a long course? StiLlaJeRk PS; didnt Gordon Jennings drive the PC871 or just the SK671 'Caroline'? Man, that's sad, you better knock some sense into this boy!. That number sounds about right but I would think that George would know for sure!, I didn't think there were that many sidewinders made?. I don't remember all the specs on mine but that sounds close!?. Mine had 3 mounting locations for the motor which was a total of 3 inches and I found that it worked best at the most forward spot with the power I had, with more power you could probably move it back a bit, you might want to measure mine and compare yours and see if there's a difference?. If you have more motor, I would definitly put it in with the 18's, take 15's with ya. Those Laveys aren't light weights, they handle better with the power, at least mine did!.. :rolleyes:

blondie#1
03-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Alright what are you guys up to now? I told cj that I needed more power in the straight aways in order to be competitive. Obviously he is working on this. I hope to get some seat time in the boat before the races, with all the changes. I'm one who likes to find out what it's going to do, before I get surprises I don't want. I don't know if this is smart, but for myself, it gives me a since of security on the handling & performance department. We shall see. It's all up to cj's ability and the lord keeping everyone safe. By the way I got my sponsors back again this year! That's the only way we can afford to run 2 boats. :) :cool: :D wink

GofastRacer
03-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Smart thinkin!.. wink :cool:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-20-2003, 08:32 PM
[b] CircleJerk
I say SWEET CAROLINE overall 1st, George 2nd, and the 16' Jones third with Brian Hande at the wheel. Sorry Scott, I havent seen you drive! I hear Justin may not race period. The Blonde Bomb Shelter {Iraq } First in the second fastest heat! And YOURE ON! Us Nosties are better than you happen to think JG.... smile_sp First off, I dont think 126 will even show up!! On top of that, he's famous for missing a full or half day of races that he does show up for!!!! :D He tends to have rough evenings prior! :D But should he actually make it up there and into the water... you guys are in trouble!!!! Im sticking with my latest wager!!! I think you guys kick-ass but not compared to a state of the art Biesemeyer superstocker!! Nordling is a K-boat legend... armed with a Bezer that he sets up and drives, (along with the fact that he's got experience on your course) I will still put him up front :cool: !!!! You guys should absorb everything you can from him!!!! Go Bomber!!! :D !!!

CircleJerk
03-21-2003, 01:02 AM
How can I disagree with that? All I would like to point out is that I dont want any part of the fast 'six-pack'! That's going to be one ---- of a race on the triangle flipping course! This Nostalgia thing just keeps getting better and better. Rumor has it that a former K boat champ from the Wn. area will run the former Golduster E runabout where the driver sat in the rear. Then if the former Arnie Olofson hemi Mandella appears this year the slower classes wont be safe either! I guess I'll sit this one out, go Blonde!

BILLY.B
03-21-2003, 06:19 AM
CircleJerk:
GofastRacer:
Now BBS's Lavey strut is 29" to plate, and engine is at 31 inches even. Shaft angle is 8. V-drives are the same at 92". So she may be set up OK and ready for more power. Do you agree? The tallest gear I have for Burley is an 18 and the 396 has pulled to 6900 with a 15" prop. Will we embarrase other Lavey owner-fans on such a long course? StiLlaJeRk PS; didnt Gordon Jennings drive the PC871 or just the SK671 'Caroline'? Maybe all this worring is because they accidentially built the transom crooked and that was the only way to get everything to line up :D :D :D :D

GofastRacer
03-21-2003, 06:36 AM
Good one!... wink :D :D :D

126driver
03-21-2003, 07:50 AM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
First off, I dont think 126 will even show up!! On top of that, he's famous for missing a full or half day of races that he does show up for!!!! :D He tends to have rough evenings prior! :D But should he actually make it up there and into the water... Now is that right? :D Rough evenings? I prefer to call it carbohydrate-loading. wink
When and where is this race, anyways? I'd sure hate to get beat by a girl... :p

blondie#1
03-21-2003, 09:28 AM
I'd like to see you 126. The race is at Sunbanks Resort, in Electric City, WA on June 14 & 15. I don't know if I'd even be in the same class with you, but bring it on. I'd like to try and attempt to beat ya. Hopefully we will see you there. wink :D :cool:

cdaspeed
03-21-2003, 09:36 AM
Do you guys ever run your boats over here in Idaho?
Just wondering?
Mark

126driver
03-21-2003, 10:01 AM
speed, the superstocks are running at American Falls, ID May 16 - 18 and in Burley, ID June 27 - 29.

126driver
03-21-2003, 10:04 AM
blondebombshell:
By the way I got my sponsors back again this year!Sponsors. That's something I need to try one of these days. idea

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-21-2003, 03:35 PM
126, Careys back?????

hondo sanger
03-21-2003, 05:51 PM
you should go fast i am selling you good set headers . they have been blessed by the italian .
see you at banks. AL

CircleJerk
03-22-2003, 07:28 AM
Wifie say, Ifn I be blessed by Italian, I beinn big a trouble! Hi Al, thanks for the good deal on the headers, I just bought a set of Jackson injection on ebay yesterday, thanks to boatguy 222 that you will meet at Banks. He has a cruiser like yours and wants to start another class for them. Want to race your cruiser? Got your parasail ready for the parade???? smile_sp JeRken

CircleJerk
03-22-2003, 07:39 AM
blondebombshell:
I'd like to see you 126 Sunbanks Resort, in Electric City, WA on June 14 & 15. I know I'd be with you, bring it on. I'd beat ya. See you there. wink :D :cool: Ohh Scotty, More carbohydrate loading required!Hee Hee She is going to beat you? With what? The bottle? or her boat? smile_sp

1Bahnerjet
03-22-2003, 04:38 PM
CircleJerk Is this Your Boat? Lots Of History There! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43SWEET-med.jpg
I Also Have A Pic. Of Gone Broke And Carol Lynn in my Galley, not real clear, the Mag. is 28YRS Old. :D
-----------------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

blondie#1
03-23-2003, 12:26 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this boat is still out there! Jack had more than one boat named Sweet Caroline and eventually went to Beisemeyer with the same # and name. The boat in your picture is a hull just like mine with the rear trunk lid { model C } I think. Don Smelling ran one of these out of Phoenix and Harlan Orrin has it for sale. I suspect the racing number was changed in 1975-6 to SK871 when the Spokane boat was run, but still had the name. Then Jack sold it to George Nordling when his Lavey burnt down to the water line. Then the # was changed to PC871 which is still on the trailer tongue. It was the last Sweet Caroline Lavey-Craft as far as we know. Then came the 'B' Carolines!!!I will post pictures as soon as the 'puter' will let me! ras idea Thanks for the history article!

1Bahnerjet
03-23-2003, 04:30 PM
No, I don't think I can Correct you. I just have OLD mags, You have Knowledge of OLD race boats. Those Laveys Were COOL.
----------------------
Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

MikeF
03-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Congrats CJ!! :D Ain't got a picture of her yet? Estimated time of arrival? eek!

blondie#1
03-24-2003, 10:56 AM
OK! I have it uploaded into the imaging site, but I can't remember how to load to this forum! Help? :confused: cry burningm

126driver
03-24-2003, 11:02 AM
V-DRIVE VIDEO:
126, Careys back????? Nope. She's long-gone. Just got married. I lost my sugar-mamma. :mad:

GofastRacer
03-24-2003, 11:04 AM
blondebombshell:
OK! I have it uploaded into the imaging site, but I can't remember how to load to this forum! Help? :confused: cry burningm Here ya go!... wink
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/12Caroline.jpg

blondie#1
03-24-2003, 11:39 AM
GofastRacer:
blondebombshell:
OK! I have it uploaded into the imaging site, but I can't remember how to load to this forum! Help? :confused: cry burningm Here ya go!... wink
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/12Caroline.jpg Ok! Now how'd you do that?

GofastRacer
03-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Copy the URL and put in front and at the end, no spaces!.. wink

CircleJerk
03-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks GoFast, This view shows the motor in at the angle I described. Notice the pass side valve cover is actually angled to the starboard side or is it port? Well its not a ship or boat, its just a plain fast flat! The name is plainly visible on the deck which was the trademark on all Carolines that I have seen. Boat less engine was a steal at 5Gs! You guys had your chance, I would have hooked you up!
Now the news: Truitt Beal called to inform all you Cali guys he's trying to make the Reunion and wondered how he could get up here for our race the following weekend. No surprises this time Billy! Wow, we would have a VIP badge for him stating: 1983,1985,1987 Super Stock Champion and will treat him as royalty along with the other vips. I think the man has raced every kind of boat that he could fit in! He said he raced a sidewinder with a HEMI and only hit 101MPH on the straight. There were only a couple sidewinders who's crew cheifs hit the winning combinations. This one hit 104.6 AVERAGE circle record!! Some of these drivers were: George Nordling {sweet caroline} Mario Squalis and Dickie Webb {fatal accident 1982}. I still dont know if Gordon Jennings ever drove a later sidewinder hull. I understand that these were the talk of the town wherever they ran. Anyone out there have any video?? I'll pay! {JeRk} smile_sp