http://http://100thmeridian.org/Video/KS_ZM_Movie_WM.asp

Boatcop
01-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Link no good.
Try this one.
http://100thmeridian.org/Video/KS_ZM_Movie_WM.asp

2Driver
01-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Well it said each female Zebra mussle produces 100,000 microscopic larve a year and that I am supposed to inspect my boat when I take it out of the water. What am I inspecting my boat with, a microscope? :rolleyes:

riverracerx
01-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I am going to have my wife inspect my zebra muscle tonight! :D

Baja Big Dog
01-25-2007, 10:20 AM
That is some good news, thought I had crabs!!!:jawdrop:

Boatcop
01-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Well it said each female Zebra mussle produces 100,000 microscopic larve a year and that I am supposed to inspect my boat when I take it out of the water. What am I inspecting my boat with, a microscope? :rolleyes:
Just inspect it to make sure there's no standing water in the bilge or other spaces that can hold water.
Also make sure there's no weeds, grass, etc. hanging on the boat, drives or trailer.
There's not much we can do stop them once the get established. All we can do is try to eliminate, or at least minimize, transporting them to other areas.

Havasu1986
01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Just inspect it to make sure there's no standing water in the bilge or other spaces that can hold water.
Also make sure there's no weeds, grass, etc. hanging on the boat, drives or trailer.
There's not much we can do stop them once the get established. All we can do is try to eliminate, or at least minimize, transporting them to other areas.
Does this apply to someone like me that leaves my boat at my house and only boats in Havi.:confused:

2Driver
01-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Does this apply to someone like me that leaves my boat at my house and only boats in Havi.:confused:
Of couse it does. If you take them out of the lake you are responsible for not putting them back in. Get with the program would ya? :D :D

lewiville
01-25-2007, 01:52 PM
My biggest question would be this, unless you own a jet, your really not blowing out the water from your block. So, does the heat kill the bacteria? I would think that it does. Other wise, time to put on the ear muff's.

Boatcop
01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
My biggest question would be this, unless you own a jet, your really not blowing out the water from your block. So, does the heat kill the bacteria? I would think that it does. Other wise, time to put on the ear muff's.
140 degrees will kill them. While the engine may reach that temp or higher, the cooling water may be a lot lower. especially if you're idilng for any substantial time (through a no wake zone to the ramp, for example)
They can survive for about 5 days in an absolute dry environment, but any moisture will sustain the larvae. Best to flush everything out with fresh (not lake) water, before going to another non-affected waterway.