PDA

View Full Version : Tx-19 help want 80mph

83youngblood
01-25-2007, 07:49 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/medium/3113misc_029.jpg

RIP Pit Lizard Express
01-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Less weight and more horsepower. What are the details of your BB Chevy? You'll need a solid roller cam to make horsepower. Expensive and a little labor intensive as far as checking lash every now and then; but I've found it not too bad once you get the hang of it.
Your setup on the pump will need to be checked. Shoe and rideplate are a must. You'll also want a place diverter. I had a very knowledgeable person set up my boat and with 617 corrected horsepower on the dyno (about 575 I think uncorrected...it was a hot day in Atlanta, TX when we dynoed it) the boat would run in the low 90's without nitrous turning a B impeller in a Berk 12 JC pump 5900 RPM. After I sucked enough sand and trash into the pump to cause massive slippage, with nitrous (200 shot) it would turn 7300RPM and run a little over 100.
I have since sunk the boat in a crash (look at one of my previous postings for the details) and am purchasing a TX 18 from Scott Seastrom in Hot Springs, AR. He's the one who set up the Youngblood for me.
Call this man and he can take care of ALL your needs and questions. 501 624-0137. He's well known in the jet community and races competitively in the SDBA in the ME (10 sec) class with the boat Freedom Plus. He can tell what degree to set the drive angle and give you a baseline from which to start as far as shoe depth and ride plate angle.
Best of luck on your Youngblood. That's a good looking boat.
John

Gearhead
01-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey John....
Good to see you on the boards. I heard you bought a real lightweight Earl Smith, but were considering trading/selling it for more of a lake weight gullwing.
Glad to see you coming back out on the water.
Later,
Steven

vdrivenman
01-26-2007, 06:21 PM
i own a gullwing set up by chop and have a good friend bruce penny who lives in atlanta,Texas.
brucie HAD a nice placecraft at one time til the mishap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and that is a very nice looking boat, like the color !

fleetimus
01-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Need more info about your boat!!! I have a TX-19 Condor.