PDA

View Full Version : The clippers and Lakers.

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 08:59 AM
They are at .500 now by beating NJN by 1 at home. The are now challenging for the 8th spot, could this be a run? :)
Make sure everyone watches the Lakers tonight at home, they will take on the Bobcats with Lamar Odom finally returning to the line up, Kwame is due back any day now, cant wait for tonight.

DILLIGAF
01-26-2007, 09:07 AM
someone get "tom" outta the hole he's been hiding in this whole time .... tell him it's safe to come out now :jawdrop: ...
I am here...just quietly watching from the sidelines.
Yes, they are making a run and are closer to the Lakers than the Lakers are to PHX :)

Jyruiz
01-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Now the Clipps just need to do a little bit better on the road, take care of there games at home and they will be a lock to make the playoffs.
And everybody is closer to the Lakers than they are to the Suns, so that not saying much.

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 09:18 AM
I think Tom has the thought of the clippers catching the Lakers :eek: :) , but that is pretty far fetched. PJ made a great comment today in the LA times and it is true.
Lakers Coach Phil Jackson would look down the bench last season and call on Devean George, Luke Walton or Brian Cook to enter the game. Not too many options among a group of reserves that had four rookies.
Then came this season's rash of injuries to the starters, followed by an incalculable dose of support from the backups.
"That's what you have a bench for in this game," Jackson said. "We didn't expect some of these [starters] to be out 20, 15 games, but here we are. Our bench has sustained itself and helped us get to where we're at. Now we can get back on track."
Andrew Bynum and Cook were reserves when Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom went down, but they have done more than fill space. Bynum has continued to grow, most recently taking a career-best 15 rebounds in a 108-103 victory Monday over Golden State.
Now the Lakers will begin to make a push on Phoenix (if they would ever lose one).

DILLIGAF
01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
It is a marathon and not a sprint. Unless of course you are PHX...Those mofo's will continue to sprint :)

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 09:29 AM
It is a marathon and not a sprint. Unless of course you are PHX...Those mofo's will continue to sprint :)
yeah, I don't know what crawled up their butts, but they are on a roll. So is Dallas though, both teams are going to sprint to the finish. They just better hope that all this mid season hustle, does not create an injury that would allow other teams to move in for the kill. Nash is getting old and running like that team does will begin to take a toll on a body.

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I just looked at the suns schedule and the teams they have been rolling against are not the most impressive, still...cant fault them for winning the games they were handed I guess.
On another note. It was just released in the NYTimes that the Lakers made an offer for J.Kidd a week or so ago. That could or could have been interesting. The Lakers were going to give NJ expiring contracts McKie and Mihm + rookie PG sensation Jordan Farmar. I personally would not like to give up Farmar, he has the game to be better than Kidd in the future.

Hardly Satisfied
01-26-2007, 09:43 AM
I am here...just quietly watching from the sidelines.
Yes, they are making a run and are closer to the Lakers than the Lakers are to PHX :)
Sorry to say that you will be watching quietly the rest of the season

OutCole'd
01-26-2007, 09:44 AM
I just looked at the suns schedule and the teams they have been rolling against are not the most impressive, still...cant fault them for winning the games they were handed I guess.
On another note. It was just released in the NYTimes that the Lakers made an offer for J.Kidd a week or so ago. That could or could have been interesting. The Lakers were going to give NJ expiring contracts McKie and Mihm + rookie PG sensation Jordan Farmar. I personally would not like to give up Farmar, he has the game to be better than Kidd in the future.
I'd hate to see them give up Farmar. That kid has a great future in front of him.

DILLIGAF
01-26-2007, 10:03 AM
"defensive" wins championships .... not high scoring offense minded teams, such as the mavs & suns :confused: "it'll be an interesting season after the vegas allstar game .....
Check the stats Keyes...Dallas does play defense. PHX does not

DILLIGAF
01-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Farmar for Kidd? That should be done immediately if they can do that.
By the way...Nash doesn't abuse his body at all. He is always in control and pretty much on the ground. He does a lot of non-stop moving but isn't running full speed. He is going to last possibly as long as Stockton baring some unforseen major injury occuring.

Jyruiz
01-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Dallas is playing some D this year, and even last, they are a good defensive team, non of them are great on the ball defenders, but they are a good defensive team as a whole. The Suns, well, it is always the same with them, great regular season, great offense, hopefully they can get over the hump this year. Like Keyes said, defense wins championships and I have yet to see an offensive minded team win it all.

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Farmar for Kidd? That should be done immediately if they can do that.
By the way...Nash doesn't abuse his body at all. He is always in control and pretty much on the ground. He does a lot of non-stop moving but isn't running full speed. He is going to last possibly as long as Stockton baring some unforseen major injury occuring.
I really don't know about that. Kidd would be good for immediate needs and maybe for 2-3 years, but Farmar is young and will be in for the long haul. Plus he is a L.A. kid and went to UCLA, so to play for the Lakers is a dream for him. He has Luke Walton type smarts, quickness and a great shot, he is also not affraid to drive the lane and lay it in. IMO: He has more potential than Kidd. The Lakers would be an instant contender with Kidd though.
Did you hear about the clippers offering Magette and Livingston for Carter and Williams? Are the clippers giving up on their "golden boy"? :D

acatitude
01-26-2007, 11:21 AM
save this homer post for a few years Farmer will never have kidds numbers...... geez id trade farmer for kidd in a heart beat...:D
I really think the days of worring about how a guy will be in 5 years is history in the nba. YOIu worry about the next couple yeras like if you got Kidd, what a deal. If farmer turns out as good as you think the lakers wont be able to keep him anyways. he will go where the money is. Only the star players stay on a team for the most part, and the parts change around. Im anxious to see if denver can make a run tyhis year or next. thats a pretty strong team if ai and mello can play together. they are my long shot to win it all.
and there is only 1 ball and Kobe aint going to be 2nd fiddle, so farmar will never have kidd type numbers on a team with the likes of kobe.

Jyruiz
01-26-2007, 11:55 AM
save this homer post for a few years Farmer will never have kidds numbers...... geez id trade farmer for kidd in a heart beat...:D
I really think the days of worring about how a guy will be in 5 years is history in the nba. YOIu worry about the next couple yeras like if you got Kidd, what a deal. If farmer turns out as good as you think the lakers wont be able to keep him anyways. he will go where the money is. Only the star players stay on a team for the most part, and the parts change around. Im anxious to see if denver can make a run tyhis year or next. thats a pretty strong team if ai and mello can play together. they are my long shot to win it all.
and there is only 1 ball and Kobe aint going to be 2nd fiddle, so farmar will never have kidd type numbers on a team with the likes of kobe.
I also doubt Farmar will ever have Kidd like numbers, at lease not on the assist and rebound category, but scoring, Farmar can match Kidd. Farmar is a better shooter coming out of college and will be a better shooter than Kidd ever has been. I don't think the Lakers need Kidd anyway, the triangle does not require a typical point guard, and definitely not one that can't shoot from the outside. Kobe has played 2nd fiddle before, but no need to go there yet as he still has several years before he has to. This team just needs to stay together and grow a little bit more and they will be fine.

AirtimeLavey
01-26-2007, 12:04 PM
I hope the Lakers keep Farmar. He's impressive as hell for a rook, to get floor time from PJ, shows the coaches know it. He'll be a hellova player. Lakers need a strong defensive p.g., but Farmar can create and I think he'll have good assist numbers, and he's shown that he can get it in the hole.
You had to think the Clipps would make some sort of showing this season. Playoffs mightbe a bit early to call for them. I think they're still unsettled and have some things to work out before I'd bet on them this year.
It'll be nice to see LO back on the floor, tonight. Hope he can get back to the numbers he was starting to put up before the injury.

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 12:18 PM
It'll be nice to see LO back on the floor, tonight. Hope he can get back to the numbers he was starting to put up before the injury.
Yeah, I cannot wait! They have really missed his Defense and Rebounding.

DILLIGAF
01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I really don't know about that. Kidd would be good for immediate needs and maybe for 2-3 years, but Farmar is young and will be in for the long haul. Plus he is a L.A. kid and went to UCLA, so to play for the Lakers is a dream for him. He has Luke Walton type smarts, quickness and a great shot, he is also not affraid to drive the lane and lay it in. IMO: He has more potential than Kidd. The Lakers would be an instant contender with Kidd though.
Did you hear about the clippers offering Magette and Livingston for Carter and Williams? Are the clippers giving up on their "golden boy"? :D
Don...It is a business and Farmar will learn that sooner or later.
Yes, I like that trade for the Clips but it seems this is coming from Dunleavy while DTS and EB are saying no trades are out there. They also agree they will not be trading CM...according to DTS who called the meeting and said this to MD and EB. If it is in fact true I say do it.....

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Don...It is a business and Farmar will learn that sooner or later.
Yes, I like that trade for the Clips but it seems this is coming from Dunleavy while DTS and EB are saying no trades are out there. They also agree they will not be trading CM...according to DTS who called the meeting and said this to MD and EB. If it is in fact true I say do it.....
You know how it goes in the NBA, everyone is on the "hush hush" until it actually happens. The clippers would be smart to ditch Livingston, I dont know why they are so enamored with him, he does not seem to get better or do much. Carter alone would add alot of depth to the team. We will see...

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 03:22 PM
BTW: Farmar is locked up until after the 2010-2011 season, were he will be making $3mill per year.
What else would the kid want? Playing for the Lakers where he grew up, went to school, played college ball and has family? it is like Luke Waltons situation.

rrrr
01-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Set yer doomsday clock for Wednesday, Donald. :D :D

DILLIGAF
01-26-2007, 03:56 PM
You know how it goes in the NBA, everyone is on the "hush hush" until it actually happens. The clippers would be smart to ditch Livingston, I dont know why they are so enamored with him, he does not seem to get better or do much. Carter alone would add alot of depth to the team. We will see...
Don...it is not just the Clippers. Everybody is enamored with Livingston. Dunleavy keeps him under his control and it is hurting his game. He should be out and running and I am tired of MD yelling out and having him do the same thing everytime. Sam does what he wants and doesn't always listen to MD. Of course Sam can get away with that but MD will never let Livinston have that freedom.
Anyhow....carry on

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
only luke is from san diego (uni high) and played college ball at arizona - farmar isn't going anywhere :rolleyes:
yeah, but you know what I mean...Luke is a local and loves Redondo Beach and being Luke Walton with the women!:D

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Set yer doomsday clock for Wednesday, Donald. :D :D
For Boston? :confused:

rrrr
01-26-2007, 04:16 PM
(Shit! Looking for online schedule.........)
Uhhhh, never mind. :D :D

dmontzsta
01-26-2007, 09:49 PM
****! So...one starter comes back (Odom) and another one goes down (Walton). WTF? I guess that is part of the game and it also shows just how deep this team is. I keep thinking how tough this teams rotation WILL be in a 7 game series. They have been plagued with injuries, but it has not slowed them down.

DILLIGAF
01-26-2007, 10:36 PM
****! So...one starter comes back (Odom) and another one goes down (Walton). WTF? I guess that is part of the game and it also shows just how deep this team is. I keep thinking how tough this teams rotation WILL be in a 7 game series. They have been plagued with injuries, but it has not slowed them down.
It will Don...it will. Walton should only be out a week or so. Another loss to an inferior team. Has to be frustrating for the LF. Beat top teams and can't beat the bottom dwellers. Oh well.......

dmontzsta
01-27-2007, 12:11 AM
yeah, which isnt a bad thing. But, the bottom teams are beating the crap out of them INSIDE! The Lakers need Kwame back, he is very strong and pushes you away from the paint. The numbers show the Lakers are being beat by points in the paint. With Odom coming back, that will help, he was a little rusty tonight, but you can already see a difference with his length.

a catered life
01-27-2007, 02:10 PM
wtf we get odom back and loss walton:sqeyes:

dmontzsta
01-27-2007, 04:49 PM
wtf we get odom back and loss walton:sqeyes:
yup, it blows! Walton is a starter too.
This just in from RealGM.
The deal is on the table right now from the Lakers. New Jersey is flushing out their other alternatives (Memphis, Clippers, etc...). The deal includes Kwame, McKie, Mihm (Smush or Farmar... fluctuating) and a draft pick for Kidd and another player (Nochbar or Robinson). Obviously, putting together any trade in the NBA is challenging, specifically when a former All Star is involved, but the deal is MUCH closer than is reported. Please note, Phil is the catalyst.

DILLIGAF
01-27-2007, 05:00 PM
"Let the bodies hit the floor...let the bodies hit the floor"
:)

dmontzsta
01-27-2007, 06:24 PM
You know how rumors can be...but imagine this trio.
Odom
Kidd
Kobe
:D
Starting LineUp of.
Bynum
Odom
Walton
Kobe
Kidd
Rumors are swirling around right now, Artest is also being mentioned. It will be interesting to see what happens before the deadline. One thing is for sure, the Lakers are on star player away from being serious contenders.