PDA

View Full Version : America: Freedom to Fascism

asch
01-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Came across this and thought it worth
posting. Some of you may be familiar with it,
I haven't completely bought into it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZO6G7dfpI
America: Freedom to Fascism is a 2006 documentary film by Aaron Russo and was exhibited in theaters in select U.S. cities.
This documentary covers many subjects, all specific to America, including: the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), income tax, the Federal Reserve System, national ID cards (REAL ID Act), Diebold electronic voting machines,[2] globalization, the possibility of America becoming a police state, Big Brother, and the alleged use of terrorism by government as a means to diminish the citizens' rights.
Some of the main premises of the film are (1) that the Federal Reserve banking system is unconstitutional and has maxed out the national debt and bankrupted the United States government, (2) that Federal income taxes were imposed in response to, or as part of, the plan implementing the Federal Reserve System, (3) that Federal income taxes are unconstitutional or otherwise legally invalid, and (4) that the use of the Federal income tax to counter the economic effects of the Federal Reserve System is futile.

asch
01-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I do believe the far right AND the far left both have their own version(s) of what they think is "good" for Americans:
"The "Real ID Act", passed unanimously in the U.S. Congress without discussion and signed into law in 2005, takes effect in May of 2008.
:eek:
Americans will be issued a National ID Card, without which, they will not be able to able to board an airplane, board an Amtrack train, open a bank account, or enter a federal building. And that's just the beginning. There are also plans to make it required for all types of interstate travel. It's all in the name of fighting the "war on terror"."
Sorry to bother you guys with this, you can go back to sleep now :sleeping:

Racey
01-29-2007, 03:24 PM
We've been doomed for this to happen for a while now, a few years back when the supreme court ruled that you have to identify yourself upon a police officers request for any reason even if you have done nothing wrong.

steve d
01-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Do you think this video would ever air at dinner time. Would definitely raise some eyebrows. I doubt it would do any good.............Apathy will Prevail.
Great quote by George Orwell:
"In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"
Thanks for the video.................Steve

asch
08-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Aaron Russo, filmmaker for liberty, dies at 64
'America: Freedom to Fascism' creator was critic of Fed, income tax, government power
Posted: August 25, 2007
6:00 p.m. Eastern
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com
Aaron Russo
Longtime movie producer and 2004 Libertarian presidential candidate Aaron Russo is dead at age 64, having succumbed to cancer yesterday.
The Hollywood veteran made his name with popular films such as "Trading Places," starring Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd, and Bette Midler's "The Rose." In later years, his interests and energies turned to political activism.
Russo joined the Libertarian Party after losing the Nevada GOP gubernatorial primary to Kenny Guinn in 1998. Russo picked up 26 percent of the vote in a four-way race and planned to run an independent campaign in 2002, but was forced to pull out to concentrate on overcoming bladder cancer, which, in 2003, he said he had done.
Russo came back in 2003, launching a bid for the presidency, first as an independent and later as a Libertarian.
"I want to do what Ross Perot did, what Jesse Ventura did, and I want to come out and speak the truth – be plain-spoken, tell it like it is, and bring America back to its Constitution and Bill of Rights," Russo said in 2003.
Both parties lie to us, he asserted, and neither follows the Constitution.
"I'm frustrated by that," said Russo, "and want to bring freedom back to America."
The Brooklyn native was awarded a Tony, an Emmy, a Grammy and had nominations for six Academy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards. He also was the first Hollywood movie producer to garner a $1 million fee. Additionally, he helped Bette Midler rise to stardom as her manager and created a politically oriented television program, "Aaron Russo's Mad As Hell."
"I believe in individual freedom," he said. "I don't believe in a big, monolithic state."
Whether the leadership is Democratic or Republican, Russo contended, "you have $44 trillion in unfunded liabilities, a Federal Reserve that is broken, a situation in Iraq which I think is disgusting, and you have both parties stopping people from bearing arms. Where is that in the Constitution?"
"I believe there are millions and millions of unheard voices in America who would come out and vote for someone they believed in," he said.
Although he was a strong critic of President Bush and the war in Iraq and remained committed to libertarian policies, Russo was one of the first to endorse Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul for the 2008 election.
But Russo was a filmmaker and wasn't dependent on election cycles to get his message of individual liberty across.
In 2006, Russo released a documentary dealing with the Federal Reserve system, income tax and government power – "America: From Freedom to Fascism."
The film pegs 1913 as the year the United States lost its freedom. That was the year the Federal Reserve banking system was put into place and a federal income tax was instituted.
"In 1913, America was a free country," states capital white letters on a black background at the start of the film's online trailer. "Then a band of powerful bankers achieved their fathers' and great grandfathers' goal. America has never been the same. Soon the world will not be the same."
States one review of the film posted on its website: "Aaron Russo has earned his place in the preferred section of heaven with this film, and the nation owes him a large debt of gratitude for having produced it. Eliciting cheers and tears from the audience, 'America: From Freedom to Fascism' is incredibly moving and effective."

never_fast_enuf
09-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Because I don't have the answer and I am not really sure where the line should be drawn, I will ask.
How far should the government go in ensuring someone is who they say they are? If you are concerned in privacy rights pertaining to a national ID card, you are deluding yourself. We haven't had true privacy in ages.
Is that a bad thing? Again, I don't know. Is it subject to be abused? Damn right...just as any other well meaning law or rule is subject to being abused. That is the downside to the power we and our constitution give our elected leaders. It is also up to us to keep a very close eye on it make sure the scale doesn't tip too far to one side or the other.
I think questioning that power is good. Outright condeming it because of what COULD happen is bad. Talking about what COULD happen is also good because it makes us aware.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-05-2007, 12:57 PM
I do believe the far right AND the far left both have their own version(s) of what they think is "good" for Americans:
"The "Real ID Act", passed unanimously in the U.S. Congress without discussion and signed into law in 2005, takes effect in May of 2008.
:eek:
Americans will be issued a National ID Card, without which, they will not be able to able to board an airplane, board an Amtrack train, open a bank account, or enter a federal building. And that's just the beginning. There are also plans to make it required for all types of interstate travel. It's all in the name of fighting the "war on terror"."
Sorry to bother you guys with this, you can go back to sleep now :sleeping:
The REAL ID Act of 2005 is Division B of an act of the United States Congress titled Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief, 2005, Pub.L. 109-13, 119 Stat. 231, enacted 2005-05-11). This legislation was intended to deter terrorism by implementing the following:
Establishing national standards for state-issued driver's licenses and non-driver's identification cards;
Waiving laws that interfere with construction of physical barriers at the borders;
Updating and tightening the laws on application for asylum and deportation of aliens for terrorist activity;
Introducing rules covering "delivery bonds" (rather like bail bonds but for aliens who have been released pending hearings);
Funding some reports and pilot projects related to border security; and
Changing visa limits for temporary workers, nurses, and Australian citizens.
This from a Republican President, House and Senate.
It doesn't seem like any more of an invasion than we currently face and may aid in dealing with the issue of illegals.
However, this act should require the use of the "Real ID" at the polls.

never_fast_enuf
09-05-2007, 01:30 PM
In light of the world we live in today (the electronic age) these do not sound like unreasonable ideas. However, as I said before, it is up to us to ensure they are not abused, as with any laws already on the books.
Democrats and Republicans alike have the potential to do just that...if we let them. I do not

ULTRA26 # 1
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
In light of the world we live in today (the electronic age) these do not sound like unreasonable ideas. However, as I said before, it is up to us to ensure they are not abused, as with any laws already on the books.
Democrats and Republicans alike have the potential to do just that...if we let them. I do not
For the 2nd time, we agree :)

never_fast_enuf
09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
For the 2nd time, we agree :)
Oh crap...now what? :)
You asshole...Whew, I feel better.:D

ULTRA26 # 1
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh crap...now what? :)
You asshole...Whew, I feel better.:D
LMAO :D :D