PDA

View Full Version : Street Legal Rhinos / Artic Cat????

GHT
01-27-2007, 05:39 AM
I have a quick question and hope someone can help me.
My Artic Cat is registered and insured in AZ. If I take my Artic Cat to NV for a few weeks is it legal to drive there? It will have plates and insurance.:confused:
Thanks

shadow
01-27-2007, 06:25 AM
As long as you don't get caught!:)
I'm pretty sure that if you can't get a plate where you are driving it you can't drive it on the street.
Atleast thats the way i understand it.Although last weekend i was driving mine in Calif at Ocotillo wells on the street and was just gonna play dumb and say i have proof of insurance,reg and lic plate.
though they would just tell me NO and kick me off the road.

Todd969
01-27-2007, 06:36 AM
Hey Don, Keep in mind that AZ is 1 of a couple states that allows these vehicles to be driven on city streets when properly registered. You can drive yours in NV off highway without any issues. Have fun.

INSman
01-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey Todd
I need one of those half windshields that will fit a 2" cage and blah, blah blah

Todd969
01-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey Todd
I need one of those half windshields that will fit a 2" cage and blah, blah blah
Need to know what brand cage. Finneys has the template for R&R cages. We may need to make one for yours unless that supplier already has it.
Side note, I have a factory 1\2 windshield you can buy cheap if it will fit.
:)

INSman
01-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Need to know what brand cage. Finneys has the template for R&R cages. We may need to make one for yours unless that supplier already has it.
TCB, maybe we can make a template for that one and sell them !!!:D

INSman
01-27-2007, 08:11 AM
By the way, thanks again for your time an help yesterday on the Rhino, Keith ran it up to 59 yesterday. Pretty good for non-supercharged, no custom exhaust and no big bore, cam or piston mods ;)

djunkie
01-27-2007, 01:40 PM
If hes not interested I am Todd. I want one for my stock cage for the summer time out there.

OutCole'd
01-27-2007, 01:42 PM
If hes not interested I am Todd. I want one for my stock cage for the summer time out there.
I have a full windshield for a stock car if you want it.

djunkie
01-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I have a full windshield for a stock car if you want it.
How much? I kinda wanted the 1/2 windshield though so it will still let some air through.

OutCole'd
01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
How much? I kinda wanted the 1/2 windshield though so it will still let some air through.
I'd hate to sell it to you, you would hate it also. Get the half, a full acts like a wind tunnel & on a dusty road, you cant see a thing because all the dust that comes in the car.

djunkie
01-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I'd hate to sell it to you, you would hate it also. Get the half, a full acts like a wind tunnel & on a dusty road, you cant see a thing because all the dust that comes in the car.
Thats what I heard.

GHT
01-27-2007, 04:24 PM
As long as you don't get caught!:)
I'm pretty sure that if you can't get a plate where you are driving it you can't drive it on the street.
Atleast thats the way i understand it.Although last weekend i was driving mine in Calif at Ocotillo wells on the street and was just gonna play dumb and say i have proof of insurance,reg and lic plate.
though they would just tell me NO and kick me off the road.
I believe you can register them in NV if they have everything they need in AZ. BUT NV requires blinkers, I think that is the only thing Mine doesn't have but I would think as long as I'm using hand signals I should be Okay..:confused:

OutCole'd
01-27-2007, 04:26 PM
I believe you can register them in NV if they have everything they need in AZ. BUT NV requires blinkers, I think that is the only thing Mine doesn't have but I would think as long as I'm using hand signals I should be Okay..:confused:
I still think it would only be legal in golf cart communities like Sun City or something like that.

GHT
01-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I have a 1/2 windshield on my Artic Cat and it works good (not great) in keeping the wind off your face. If the air is too cold I just lean over a little and it stops my face from getting too cold. I enjoy the wind if the air is nice though... My .02:)

GHT
01-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I still think it would only be legal in golf cart communities like Sun City or something like that.
That's what I'm worried about, but I asked a Metro officer and he said it SHOULD be alriGHT unless someone wanted to F with me... But I was curious if someone knew what the REAL scoop is?? I would only be riding (civil) around the house and stores (Centennial Hills)...