PDA

View Full Version : 460 PCV Install Question

241Libby
01-27-2007, 02:26 PM
I have a marine carb with no vacuum ports (750 edel) and a Weiand stealth intake. What do I connect the PCV to? There is a manifold port but it is on a single intake runner and I am afraid of leaning out that cylinder with crankcase air. Should I drill a hole in the manifold riser just beneath the carb and install a fitting?

SmokinLowriderSS
01-27-2007, 03:17 PM
The 2 edelbrock marine carbs I am looking at have a big vac port on what appears to be the back side of the carb.
Ed. marine carbs (http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/marine.html)
If yours has such, that is the port to use, fits 3/8" hose.
Would be really weird not to have this port.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-27-2007, 03:21 PM
On a different view the port must not be drilled as the nipple that is supposed to go there is not installed. If one can be installed, there is where it should go.

241Libby
01-27-2007, 03:25 PM
I tried that but there is no vacuum on that port..? I think it is for the fuel pump vent line but not sure (Edel. indicates a "tube in airhorn for fuel pump vent" and I assume that is what the port you are referring to is. My air cleaner has a fuel port built into it so I use that.
Thanks.

DMOORE
01-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Would a spacer with a vacume port work? I'm not sure.
Darrell.

241Libby
01-27-2007, 03:52 PM
That seems like the best solution but I looked around for one on Jegs and Summit a while back and did not find anything with the port.

DMOORE
01-27-2007, 06:20 PM
That seems like the best solution but I looked around for one on Jegs and Summit a while back and did not find anything with the port.
If you used a phenolic(sp) spacer it would be very easy to drill and tap for a fitting.
Darrell.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-28-2007, 01:04 AM
If you used a phenolic(sp) spacer it would be very easy to drill and tap for a fitting.
Darrell.
I suppose so, but I would trust the sealing of an aluminum spacer much better, just me tho.