PDA

View Full Version : Low Buck APBA Circle boat racing anyone??????

Norseman
01-28-2006, 06:09 PM
There's been a lot of talk about the need for an entry level runabout circleboat class. Well Jeff Woonton has put just such a proposal before the APBA board, and has gotten a fairly positive responce. What we need know is to show the APBA Board that there really is an interest and if the create the class, drivers and boats will turn out.
We got into quite a bit of the details on the proposal on the V-Driveboat.com forum.
Budget Circle Boat Class Anyone??? (http://www.v-driveboat.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2020)
But if this is going to happen then we need to get Jeff as many letters as possible ASAP!!!!!
Everyone is complaining about not being able to race V Drive Circleboats, well here's your chance to show APBA and everyone else that Circle boat racing is alive and lots of people are interested in it!!!!
New APBA Small Block Circleboat Class post #1
Tim "Canam10" among others has been working behind the scenes trying to get something going as a low cost entry level circle boat class.
The small block class that we have discussed.
Jeff Wooton put the proposal before the APBA board this week, and received a favorable responce, but he needs your help to make it happen.
We need everyone with any interest to write letters to the APBA supporting the new class.
Here is a copy of the email that was sent to Tim.
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 5:19 PM
Subject: RE: APBA MEETING
The IRC was and seems to be very open to the idea. I proposed everything as we communicated and it was received well. The motion was made by the IRC to table the decision until I could provide "Letters of intent" from all of those interested in running the class. So, before going back to the IRC, I will need to collect all of the letters from individuals committed to running this class and I will likewise get letters from those I know. The letter needs to be addressed to the APBA IRC c/o Jeff Wooton, Commissioner and can be drafted and e-mailed to me. Once I receive enough letters of intent to "show" the need for the class and/or demand for the class I can once again move the motion back on the floor for a vote. The vote will also stipulate that this is for the 2006 season.
All in all we were successful. Please get these letters to me ASAP and I will submit them to the IRC through our message board with an outline showing the numbers.
Stay in touch,
Jeff
We have a good chance at making this happen lets not blow it !!!!!!
Start writing Ladies and Gentleman!!!!!!!
Bob

mcfrance
01-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Might be a dumb question, but what's wrong with APBA current circle boat classes, Super Stock and Pro Stock? More boats the better.

Moneypitt
01-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Might be a dumb question, but what's wrong with APBA current circle boat classes, Super Stock and Pro Stock? More boats the better.
Mcfrance, money. The SS and PS classes are so expensive to compete in and there are few boats entering these classes from new racers. So, some of the people that want to race for the sake of racing are trying to re open an entry level class that is cheaper to compete in. By limiting the engines and hulls to an agreed upon standard, the race becomes more of a test of drivers skill and boat set up, instead of cubic dollar racing. The SS class was kinda like that in the begining but has advanced to a much higher level of competition. Hopefully, a new class will be formed, and new racers will join in the fun..........MP

Norseman
01-29-2006, 04:46 AM
Hull specs will be the same as the existing inboard class boats, SS, PS.
Here are the proposed engine specs.
Sportsman “E” Engine Specs
Chevrolet/GM OEM Passenger Car or Truck 350 Block – 4.060 bore allowed with stock 4 bolt main caps.
• 3.500 Maximum Stoke OEM or Equivalent Crankshaft in all aspects
• Wet Sump Oil System – Oil Pump of stock type in stock position – Any steel oil pan – NO EXTERNAL OIL PUMPS
• OEM or Equivalent Connecting Rods in all aspects – 5.700 length center to center
• Stock type cast or forged flat top pistons with valve relief
• Any timing chain set – NO GEAR OR BELT DRIVEN DRIVES
• Any Stock Type bearings, gaskets, rings, oil pump
• Camshaft shall be flat tappet with solid lifters – Lifters shall be stock diameter (.842). The current approved camshafts are:
Cam MFG. Part No. Grind No. Lift Int/Exh. Dur@.050 Lobe C/Angle
ISKY 201549 547 B .547/.555 258/263 106
CROWER 00356 294FDP .540/.557 260/266 105
CRANE 111411 F256/3634-25-5 .545/.563 256/264 105
COMP CAM 12-506-5 288BTL-6 .550/.560 259/262 106
• Average Minimum Deck: ZERO
• 10:1 Maximum Compression Ratio
• Any Starter, Flywheel, Driveshaft Coupler, Timing Chain Cover, Oil Cooler, Plug Wires, Points Type Distributor or HEI Distributor
• Any OEM Stock Type Design Steel Cylinder Head. The currently approved aftermarket cylinder heads are: DART IRON EAGLE, WORLD PRODUCTS S/R TORQUER and PRO TOP LINE/PRO TORQUER. All cylinder heads shall comply with the following criteria: 23 degree heads, NO PORTING, NO POLISHING, NO BOWL BLENDING, NO PORT MATCHING, No “Race Ready” heads, NO GRINDING
Maximum Intake Runner Volume: 180cc
Maximum Intake Valve Size: 2.02
Maximum Exhaust Valve Size: 1.625
• Any Steel Pushrod – 5/16 or 3/8 Maximum Diameter
• Valve Springs, Keepers & Retainers shall be STEEL
• Roller Rocker Arms permitted – 1.52 Maximum Ratio – Posi-locks allowed – Guide Plated permitted – NO SHAFT TYPE - NO STUD GIRDLES
• Intake Manifold – Any Dual Plane Manifold – NO OPEN PLENUM MANIFOLDS
• Maximum 4150 style 650 CFM Holly Carburetor – Current Approved Part No. 4777 or No. 4776 (need to add Cracker Box lingo)
• Exhaust system – Maximum 2” Primaries – Maximum 3.5” Collector – NO STEPPED HEADERS – COLLECTOR HAS TO BE ONE DIAMETER ONLY
NO TITANIUM ENGINE PARTS – PERIOD!!!!

Norseman
01-29-2006, 04:48 AM
The idea behind this was to let everyone drag those old circle boats out of thier backyard and for a reasonable amount of money come out and play on the weekend.
What do you guys and girls think???????
Bob'

RaysonKid
01-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Circlejerk and the gang up here in the Northwest have a program that is fun and works.
The APBA will just impose to many rules.
And what started as a good idea, entry level format will get screwed up.
How about hull age?
Are they going to let a 60's hull race?

Norseman
01-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Circlejerk and the gang up here in the Northwest have a program that is fun and works.
The APBA will just impose to many rules.
And what started as a good idea, entry level format will get screwed up.
How about hull age?
Are they going to let a 60's hull race?
Running 1960's and up hulls is the idea!!!
Trying to get those old SS and K boats out of peoples backyards!!!!! :cool:
Hp is limited and boats should run pretty close in speed.
Idea is to make it a low buck deal!!
Send in a note to Jeff and say Yes, If APBA screws it up, don't play. But it's worth taking a chance on, IMHO!!!!! :D :D

DAVEY B
01-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Hull specs will be the same as the existing inboard class boats, SS, PS.
Here are the proposed engine specs.
Sportsman “E” Engine Specs
Chevrolet/GM OEM Passenger Car or Truck 350 Block – 4.060 bore allowed with stock 4 bolt main caps.
• 3.500 Maximum Stoke OEM or Equivalent Crankshaft in all aspects
• Wet Sump Oil System – Oil Pump of stock type in stock position – Any steel oil pan – NO EXTERNAL OIL PUMPS
• OEM or Equivalent Connecting Rods in all aspects – 5.700 length center to center
• Stock type cast or forged flat top pistons with valve relief
• Any timing chain set – NO GEAR OR BELT DRIVEN DRIVES
• Any Stock Type bearings, gaskets, rings, oil pump
• Camshaft shall be flat tappet with solid lifters – Lifters shall be stock diameter (.842). The current approved camshafts are:
Cam MFG. Part No. Grind No. Lift Int/Exh. Dur@.050 Lobe C/Angle
ISKY 201549 547 B .547/.555 258/263 106
CROWER 00356 294FDP .540/.557 260/266 105
CRANE 111411 F256/3634-25-5 .545/.563 256/264 105
COMP CAM 12-506-5 288BTL-6 .550/.560 259/262 106
• Average Minimum Deck: ZERO
• 10:1 Maximum Compression Ratio
• Any Starter, Flywheel, Driveshaft Coupler, Timing Chain Cover, Oil Cooler, Plug Wires, Points Type Distributor or HEI Distributor
• Any OEM Stock Type Design Steel Cylinder Head. The currently approved aftermarket cylinder heads are: DART IRON EAGLE, WORLD PRODUCTS S/R TORQUER and PRO TOP LINE/PRO TORQUER. All cylinder heads shall comply with the following criteria: 23 degree heads, NO PORTING, NO POLISHING, NO BOWL BLENDING, NO PORT MATCHING, No “Race Ready” heads, NO GRINDING
Maximum Intake Runner Volume: 180cc
Maximum Intake Valve Size: 2.02
Maximum Exhaust Valve Size: 1.625
• Any Steel Pushrod – 5/16 or 3/8 Maximum Diameter
• Valve Springs, Keepers & Retainers shall be STEEL
• Roller Rocker Arms permitted – 1.52 Maximum Ratio – Posi-locks allowed – Guide Plated permitted – NO SHAFT TYPE - NO STUD GIRDLES
• Intake Manifold – Any Dual Plane Manifold – NO OPEN PLENUM MANIFOLDS
• Maximum 4150 style 650 CFM Holly Carburetor – Current Approved Part No. 4777 or No. 4776 (need to add Cracker Box lingo)
• Exhaust system – Maximum 2” Primaries – Maximum 3.5” Collector – NO STEPPED HEADERS – COLLECTOR HAS TO BE ONE DIAMETER ONLY
NO TITANIUM ENGINE PARTS – PERIOD!!!!
Why not make a spec engine rule. Run a zz4 straight from GM. If you let people build there own you might as well build a SS motor. You can build a SS motor with out spending a fortune and have a competative boat. You can run stock 7/16 rods steel heads our pistons cost 500.00. The expense in SS class to me was props and reworking the bottom every couple of races, also entry fees and travel time. Is there going to be prize money, in SS we usually race for 10,000.00 a weekend and spread it out though the entire field. To be competative in any class it takes alot of time and money.
Just my .02 :boxed:

V-DRV
07-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Why hasn't this happened? This would be a great class. I think it would be a better idea to run a GM Performance parts crate 502. Low buck, fast and competetive. Sorry to bring back a old thread, just think its a good idea. I would love to get into the sport, just dont have the bucks for a competetive SS or PS motor.

V-DRV
07-20-2007, 08:40 AM
They have nostalgia races for that type of boat. I am talking about a lower budget competetive circle boat class. Buy the specified crate motor. Throw it in and let the best driver/tuner win. A crate motor from GM would be less than half the price of a competetive SS motor. And a ZZ502 would push a boat to some exciting speeds that the fans would appreciate. Also I bet most cirlce boats sitting in the garage collecting dust are already set-up for a BBC anyway.

WannabeRacing
07-20-2007, 08:40 AM
The reason no 502 crate engines is three things.
#1- The APBA does not want big speed. (Already fighting the safety thing, and the capsule thing.)
#2- Some of these old boats can't handle that torque. We want old boats with old parts to be able to compete.
#3- There has to be a fair amount of differentiation from the other classes. SS/PS/etc.
The makers of this class, and the runners of this class don't want what lots of racing organizations have been running into. A slight advantage for one engine combo, so to run up front, you have to find those parts, or those combinations. SBC has the most available parts of any engine in the US and Canada. The most good aftermarket stuff for the good prices.
Also, the makers of this class are speaking with parts manufacturers and suppliers, to get an entire engine kit, less block, to the SE racers exclusively for under 4 grand. That is weisco pistons, your choice of rings, 4340 crank, H or I beam 4340 rods, cam, Racing oil pump, drive, lifters, heads fully outfitted, pushrods, bearings, intake and carb! (Probably some stuff I missed as well.) You bring the oil pan and you bring the block.
If the rules are written correctly, and accepted, there is only so much you can do. 180 CC 23degree heads are a huge limiting factor in rpm. Then the manifold, etc. We are talking 6800 rpm spinners here.
I personally liked the rules the way they were two years ago, but they were a bit of a headache to really check and find a cheater. But if everyone lived by the rules, it would be a heck of a class. And when guys know they want to be more, spend more, and race with the big boys, then they already know how to do it, and know they like it before they jump into an SS boat.
Check out the SE boat site for more info, and guys that already have built boats for the class.
http://www.wannaberacing.net

07-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Why just Chevrolet engines? There are Ford and Mopar engines that will fit the displacement limit just as well as the 350 Chevy. Add some diversity to the class and it will bring a higher level of excitement for the spectators and participents than just doing spec engines like found in other venues of racing....:sleeping: Boring!

fc-pilot
07-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I admit I was pushing the idea of the SE class as hard as anyone initially. That was before the nostalgia thing had taken off down here in the south west. After seeing the nostalgia class and seeing just how open it was (concerning engine combos and hulls) I realized that it filled the shoes that the proposed SE class hoped to. There are some definite benefits with the nostalgia deal as far as tech goes, not having to inspect every piece in the dang engine is one huge plus. Even though my boat is being built for a small block it will still fit well into the nostalgia class and I hope to run some nostalgia events with it.
Paul

V-DRV
07-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I have never seen the Nostalgias run. Where is the next event?

WannabeRacing
07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Woops. My mistake. Thought this post was new. I thought the class had some hope.
Now I need the funny little hat and go write on the board 100 times;
"I will always look at the dates of the posts.
I will always look at the dates of the posts . . "

V-DRV
07-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Sorry for bringing up a old post! Just trying to keep the idea alive.

WannabeRacing
07-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Ask around about the nostalgia thing,
Any engine, any boat. Pass safety spec and put a gps on the boat. Don't run over 80.

HighVoltage 329
07-20-2007, 04:56 PM
How about using an LS-2 Chevy? $5,000. Maybe include the Mopar and Ford late model aluminum crate motors with an appropriate carb? Add a little stock motor rivalry.

CircleJerk
07-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Paul, very well said. Nostalgia was up here as most of you know since June 2001 and you are right, there are a variety of boats and motors around with owners willing to venture out and try something new. Those that do find a whole new world of friends and use of their lovable craft. When you restrict anything in Nostalgia, engines, hardware, hulls, etc, you limit participation and the enthusiasm of those paying the bills and create a huge argument! I think this is what sidelined the ERR class with a crate engine. APBA already has enough rules to choke a horse so something simple is very attractive. APBA now recognizes two classes, Nostalgia Endurance (GPS) and Vintage Flat (recreated or original race boats of old)! Hurrah!! We win!

fc-pilot
07-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Paul, very well said. Nostalgia was up here as most of you know since June 2001 and you are right, there are a variety of boats and motors around with owners willing to venture out and try something new. Those that do find a whole new world of friends and use of their lovable craft. When you restrict anything in Nostalgia, engines, hardware, hulls, etc, you limit participation and the enthusiasm of those paying the bills and create a huge argument! I think this is what sidelined the ERR class with a crate engine. APBA already has enough rules to choke a horse so something simple is very attractive. APBA now recognizes two classes, Nostalgia Endurance (GPS) and Vintage Flat (recreated or original race boats of old)! Hurrah!! We win!
Wow! Look at me, i did something right for a change. Thanks for jumping in here Boyd, you know how this deal works as well as anybody.
Paul

Squirtin Thunder
07-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Here are the 3 Nostalgia classes rules, they are very simple and they are working very well in SCSC. Run what you brung and try not to breakout !
APBA & SCSC Nostalgia Flat General Rules
1) Required: Minimum of 4 - 5 Boats.
2) Maximum length of 21'. All boat hulls are to be twenty (20) years or older, or a similar replica of a hull twenty (20) years or older.
3) Entry Fee: $100/average per day, rates may vary.
4) Plus APBA Membership fee (can apply for Single Event rather than full membership). All drivers and riders must be listed as APBA Inboard Endurance members. All drivers and riders must provide proof of a certified FAA or DOT physical.
5) Plus SCSC membership fee - $20/year, or affiliated race site club membership.
6) Certified Life Jacket & Helmet, Per APBA specified rules. Helmet and jacket must meet APBA rule, (ii) For participants in open and unrestrained cockpits, the upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange, and meet current certification. All rookie drivers must place a 1” wide “X” on the back of helmet for a period on one calendar year. All safety equipment MUST be worn properly per manufacturers specified instructions. Failure to do so will be disqualification for that heat race.
7) Boats to be in safety compliance, Per APBA specified rules. Safety inspections are mandatory and boats must be in mechanically sound condition and pass required APBA safety rules.
8) MANDATORY GPS – ALL competitors must have a hand held GPS to compete. GPS must have max speed sensor and recording. All GPS units will be checked prior to and after each race. If the GPS unit is inoperative or does not register or registers a skewed reading, that driver will be penalized one lap. Second offense will result in disqualification from racing at that weekend. A Driver will not be scored and lose any points earned if found to have raced without a GPS on board.
9) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH. Speed will be monitored and recorded by a hand held GPS unit with recall. Any competitor who exceeds 80.9 – 84.9 mph will be penalized one lap. Any competitor who exceeds 84.9 mph will be disqualified for the weekend. Any competitor who is penalized for two weekends will no long be eligible to compete in any future Nostalgia class(es) races.
10) Kill switch.
11) Neck collar.
12) Helmet restraints.
13) All drivers must wear long durable pants and a long sleeve shirt. It is recommended that drivers wear a full length, one or two-piece, 1 layer driving suit.
14) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines. Any fuel, gas, diesel, etc may be used.
15) Boats must be of flat bottom design and must be v-drive or direct-drive.
16) The numbers must be per APBA specified rules.
17) The race heat will consist of minimum of 2 warm-up laps and 4 race laps.
18) Infraction/Penalty for buoy: Hitting a buoy results in one lap penalty. Killing or damaging a buoy results in one lap penalty and $200 fine.
19) Have fun and be safe. Safety is of paramount concern. All rulings by race officials for the Nostalgia Classes will be done to promote and maintain safety. All competitors will operate under that premise and there will be NO compromise for safety.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
APBA & SCSC Nostalgia Endurance General Rules
1) Required: Minimum of 4 - 5 Boats.
2) Maximum length of 21'. All boat hulls are to be twenty (20) years or older, or a similar replica of a hull twenty (20) years or older.
4) Plus APBA Membership fee (can apply for Single Event rather than full membership). All drivers and riders must be listed as APBA Inboard Endurance members. All drivers and riders must provide proof of a certified FAA or DOT physical.
5) Plus SCSC membership fee - $20/year, or affiliated race site club membership.
6) Certified Life Jacket & Helmet, Per APBA specified rules. Helmet and jacket must meet APBA rule, (ii) For participants in open and unrestrained cockpits, the upper fifty percent (50%) of the helmet must be neon, florescent, red, orange, yellow, or international orange, and meet current certification. All rookie drivers must place a 1” wide “X” on the back of helmet for a period on one calendar year. All safety equipment MUST be worn properly per manufacturers specified instructions. Failure to do so will be disqualification for that heat race.
7) Boats to be in safety compliance, Per APBA specified rules. Safety inspections are mandatory and boats must be in mechanically sound condition and pass required APBA safety rules.
8) No Jet-A-way required.
9) MANDATORY GPS – ALL competitors must have a hand held GPS to compete. GPS must have max speed sensor and recording. All GPS units will be checked prior to and after each race. If the GPS unit is inoperative or does not register or registers a skewed reading, that driver will be penalized one lap. Second offense will result in disqualification from racing at that weekend. A Driver will not be scored and lose any points earned if found to have raced without a GPS on board.
10) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH. Speed will be monitored and recorded by a hand held GPS unit with recall. Any competitor who exceeds 80.9 – 84.9 mph will be penalized one lap. Any competitor who exceeds 84.9 mph will be disqualified for the weekend. Any competitor who is penalized for two weekends will no long be eligible to compete in any future Nostalgia class(es) races.
11) Kill switch.
12) Neck collar.
13) Helmet restraints.
14) All drivers must wear long durable pants and a long sleeve shirt. It is recommended that drivers wear a full length, one or two-piece, 1 layer driving suit.
15) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines. Any motive power, inboard, outboard, etc. Any fuel, gas, diesel, etc may be used.
16) ANY BOAT running in a Nostalgia Endurance race can be but not limited to: inboards, outboards, stern drives, jet drives, v-drives, v-bottom, flat bottom, tunnel, just about any hull.
17) JETS ONLY - Turning Rudder - must be equipped with a rudder that extends at least 4 inches below the lowest point of the jet nozzle housing and has a minimum surface area of 16 inches.
18) JETS ONLY - Jet-O-vator or Place Diverter adjustable nozzles may be used. A Diverter stop is required and the rooster tail is not to exceed 4’-5’ off the water, this also includes fixed nozzle boats. Diverter shall remain in the full down position at all times when operating in or near pit row. Upon departure from pit row, the nozzle shall remain in the full down position until safely on the racecourse.
19) JETS ONLY - Through bolted loader must be securely attached using 4 - 5/16" black oxide bolts.
20) The numbers must be per APBA specified rules.
21) The race heat will consist of a minimum of 2 warm-up laps and 4 race laps.
22) Infraction/Penalty for buoy: Hitting a buoy results in one lap penalty. Killing or damaging a buoy results in one lap penalty and $200 fine.
23) Have fun and be safe. Safety is of paramount concern. All rulings by race officials for the Nostalgia Classes will be done to promote and maintain safety. All competitors will operate under that premise and there will be NO compromise for safety.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
APBA SCSC Nostalgia Jet General Rules
1) Required: Minimum of 3 - 9 Boats.
2) Maximum hull length of 21'. All boat hulls are to be twenty (20) years or older, or a similar replica of a hull twenty (20) years or older.
8) No Jet-A-way required.
9) MANDATORY GPS – ALL competitors must have a hand held GPS to compete. GPS must have max speed sensor and recording. All GPS units will be checked prior to and after each race. If the GPS unit is inoperative or does not register or registers a skewed reading, that driver will be penalized one lap. Second offense will result in disqualification from racing at that weekend. A Driver will not be scored and lose any points earned if found to have raced without a GPS on board. No GPS shall leave competitors boat until checked by official.
10) Maximum speed 80.9 MPH. Speed will be monitored and recorded by a hand held GPS unit with recall. Any competitor who exceeds 80.9 – 84.9 mph will be penalized one lap. Any competitor who exceeds 84.9 mph will be disqualified for the weekend. Any competitor who is penalized for two weekends will no long be eligible to compete in any future Nostalgia class races.
11) Kill switch.
12) Helmet restraints.
13) All drivers must wear long durable pants and a long sleeve shirt. It is recommended that drivers wear a full length, one or two-piece, 1 layer driving suit.
14) Any engine (ci), as many carbs as wanted, injection, super chargers, blowers, turbos, anything including Turbine engines. Any fuel, gas, diesel, etc may be used.
15) Turning Rudder - must be equipped with a rudder that extends at least 4 inches below the lowest point of the jet nozzle housing and has a minimum surface area of 16 inches.
16) Jet-O-vator or Place Diverter adjustable nozzles may be used. A Diverter stop is required and the rooster tail is not to exceed 4’-5’ off the water, this also includes fixed nozzle boats. Diverter shall remain in the full down position at all times when operating in or near pit row. Upon departure from pit row, the nozzle shall remain in the full down position until safely on the racecourse. Failure to do so will results in one lap penalty.
17) Through bolted loader must be securely attached using 4 - 5/16" black oxide bolts.
18) The numbers must be starting with nj or cj, and per APBA specified rules.
19) The race heat will consist of a minimum of 2 warm-up laps and 4 race laps.
20) Infraction/Penalty for buoy: Hitting a buoy results in one lap penalty. Killing or damaging a buoy results in one lap penalty and $200 fine.
21) The Nostalgia Jet Racing Season runs from March through November.
22) Nostalgia Jet bonus points of 5 points per event, are awarded to competitors that travel outside the class to help promote boat racing. Any event such as The Burley Regatta, The Nostalgia Cup and The Parker 300 Enduro or similar are accepted. To receive credit you must have proof that you registered and at least started the race.
23) Boat/Driver Points, as it stands now the driver will get the credit at the race site and receive the points for that event per SCSC. At the end of season, the points go to the boat per APBA.
24) Have fun and be safe. Safety is of paramount concern. All rulings by race officials for the Nostalgia Classes will be done to promote and maintain safety. All competitors will operate under that premise and there will be NO compromise for safety.

CircleJerk
07-22-2007, 09:43 PM
ST, thanks for your detailed list, however, anyone here in Washington who may be contemplating running Nostalgia with us, let me assure you these wont all apply to you. No way am I suggesting Squirting thunder and these rules arent important and well thought out or neccessary, only saying dont be scared away by this list. We dont require all of these especially for your first go around. You need to PM me or call so I can make your first event fun and not so costly. There are many of us with extra safety equipment that would save your green dramatically.
I would also like to add the Southern Nostalgia guys and gals (you to Ross) have surpassed our organization in all facets of Nostalgia racing. I hope growth of these classes will continue until everyone has had THEIR chance to mash the gas and turn hard left again and again! It sure is safer than speeding at your favorite H2O pond! Go SCSC!