PDA

View Full Version : Auto Navigation/Stereo install

SoCal_fun
01-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Who do you guys recommend in the Antelope Valley area?

H20 Toie
01-28-2007, 10:21 AM
I have the pioneer z1 and compared to the Garmin gps that i have had it sucks. the nav traffic is great but if using it for directions it is just lame. an example is if you want to go from acton to victorville it will tell you to go south to the 5 to the 210 to the 15.
I think one of the new kenwood stereos uses the garmin software.

a catered life
01-28-2007, 01:21 PM
larry i am fairly heavy in the auto stero department and have yet to find a really good shop in av...while their are a lot of half decent shops a lot of these shops are ran by the type of guys that feel that did their friends car then they can do it professional NOT....i found one that still uses electrical tape :( :eek: one of the better shops i have found is santana's on palmdale blvd they have a lot of dealer contracts and do a decent job..their only drawback is they have changed owners since they did my boat but the new owners did my 2 trigger on the 2 big cars......if you want some great quality work from a shop with a great historyand will stand behind their work for years i would go with Automative entainment :D in pasadena......i started out in audio in that shop won my first sound off competition trophy with them and they did my van and will be doing the truck real soon...i understand it a bit of a drive but quality sound/nav work is inportant..call me we will talk

ToMorrow44
01-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Audio in Canyon Country is pretty good. They've done a lot of stuff for several of my friends and everything is top notch from a 68 Camaro to a Ferrari.

blown dough
01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Santana'z Stereo in Palmdale, they did our boat and truck

SoCal_fun
01-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Thank guys. I got the Z1 from Pioneer for the truck. There having a major software upgrade in April that should fix some of the Nav and IPOD issues.
I like Pioneer over Kenwood or Eclipse though, have had a lot of Pioneer stuff over the years.
Willie, I will give you a call when I'm ready for the install. Pasadena may be doable.

ToMorrow44
01-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Santana'z Stereo in Palmdale, they did our boat and truck
BD do you live in AV?
-Tom

1 Baja Guy
01-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Who do you guys recommend in the Antelope Valley area?
I have a DDX6019 WITH KNA-G510 and Sirius radio. It works great and looks good in my F250 (note its a Double dinn):)

a catered life
01-29-2007, 10:47 AM
BD do you live in AV?
-Tom
i was wondering the same thing:confused: