PDA

View Full Version : Lakengren lake, Eaton Ohio

sanger455
01-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Anyone ever raced on this lake in the mid 70s and ealry 80s
looking for info ?

convincor
01-31-2007, 07:39 AM
I am 1 hour south of Cleveland, never heard of it. What do you know about it.

509DAYTONA
01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
I Live 30 Minutes From Lakengren. Its A Private Lake Inside A Gated Community. I Only Remember One Race (dragboat) Thier In The Early 80's. It Was Maybe 81 Or 82,i Was Told The Local Residents Complained About The Noise And That The Lake Was Closed For The Whole Weekend. This Lake Also Has Only One Marina And One Ramp . They Set Up The Course In Front Of The Beach Area For Spectators And That Had The Boats Traveling Half Way Down The Lake Just To Reach The Starting Line. That Is All I Remember Of The Race. I Know Some Guys I Think Raced That Race If You Wanted More Info.

sanger455
01-31-2007, 07:51 PM
i know a guy that was there and took pics hope to get copies. just wanting
to find out who sponsored it.
need to get some more local races going again
hope to post pics:idea:

509DAYTONA
02-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't know for sure but i think it would have ben ADBA at that time . I know in later years when the races were held at the "old Dayton Hydro Bowl " the ADBA put that event on. I run with the St. Louis Dragboat Assoc. and heard thier was some one interested in coming back to Dayton. ....I would love to see that!! Do you or any one else know of any hot boat gatherings in this area (ohio)? i have heard a group gathers in late fall on Brookville lake,Indiana but do not know of a date. I also hear that Dale Hollow lake,TN is home to some lake racers on the holiday weekends, but have never been. any info?

sanger455
02-01-2007, 04:42 PM
i heard that daton hydro is owned by the city and woud not have anymore races because of liability. the date for dalehollow is labor day good time i go
every year for the past 15 years. bookville lake is in oct.

sanger455
02-01-2007, 04:48 PM
hear is the post for brookville lake
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130226&highlight=blast+brookville+lake

509DAYTONA
02-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I Did Some Checking And Found Out That Race On Lakengren Was Held Oct. 1983. That Is Correct Also About The "dayton Hydro Bowl" Now Eastwood Lake......dayton Metro Parks Who Has Authority Over The Lake Has Required Such A High Liability Insurance Premium That The Dragboat Assoc. Can Not Afford Run It.
So Give Me The Scoop On Dale Hollow.....i Would Like To Take My 19 Daytona But I'm Affraid Of Encountering Big Boats And Having My Low Profile Jet Boat Swamped! I Was Told That Sunset Marina Was The Nearest Ramp And That The Cove Was Only A Couple Miles But What About The Traffic? Also Is Thier Racing Or Just Taking Turns On The Radar Gun ? Are These Offshore Type Boats Or Jets, Flats And Hydros ?

sanger455
02-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I Did Some Checking And Found Out That Race On Lakengren Was Held Oct. 1983. That Is Correct Also About The "dayton Hydro Bowl" Now Eastwood Lake......dayton Metro Parks Who Has Authority Over The Lake Has Required Such A High Liability Insurance Premium That The Dragboat Assoc. Can Not Afford Run It.
So Give Me The Scoop On Dale Hollow.....i Would Like To Take My 19 Daytona But I'm Affraid Of Encountering Big Boats And Having My Low Profile Jet Boat Swamped! I Was Told That Sunset Marina Was The Nearest Ramp And That The Cove Was Only A Couple Miles But What About The Traffic? Also Is Thier Racing Or Just Taking Turns On The Radar Gun ? Are These Offshore Type Boats Or Jets, Flats And Hydros ?
you are rightaboat the dayton hydro.
dalehollow is a heads up deal. race wat yu bring there are all kinds of boats
from v drive hydros to jets ,stv,should not have any problems with wash over
sunset dock is the closest one about 2 miles to eagle creek. hope to see yu there.

bigkahoona
02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Anyone ever raced on this lake in the mid 70s and ealry 80s
looking for info ?
thats a nice boat ! but your boat needs some painted on graphics lol!!!!

bigkahoona
02-09-2007, 05:05 PM
i heard that daton hydro is owned by the city and woud not have anymore races because of liability. the date for dalehollow is labor day good time i go
every year for the past 15 years. bookville lake is in oct.
hey !!! i know a custom painter in dayton .he can hook you up !! :devil: :) :sqeyes:

sanger455
02-09-2007, 05:08 PM
i know one too but he isa no show:jawdrop:

bigkahoona
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
lol lol lol lol :sqeyes:

bigkahoona
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
hows your mom and dad .i cant believe he finally retired .

sanger455
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
mom and dad doing good. 45 years at ford it is about time!

sanger455
02-28-2007, 06:57 PM
here are some pics
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6792/scannedpicture2zi6.th.jpg
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1602/scannedpicture3nm3.th.jpg

sleekcrafter
03-01-2007, 05:12 AM
lol lol lol lol :sqeyes:
Big K
nice chat last night, I think we will make the trek over, Dalehollow sounds great, I know of a few more boats that may join in too. Sanger 455 we seemed to have lost you last night, but it seemed someone else was posing as you:eek: as it got nasty by the minute.

bigkahoona
03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Big K
nice chat last night, I think we will make the trek over, Dalehollow sounds great, I know of a few more boats that may join in too. Sanger 455 we seemed to have lost you last night, but it seemed someone else was posing as you:eek: as it got nasty by the minute.
THANK YA!

sanger455
03-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I Live 30 Minutes From Lakengren. Its A Private Lake Inside A Gated Community. I Only Remember One Race (dragboat) Thier In The Early 80's. It Was Maybe 81 Or 82,i Was Told The Local Residents Complained About The Noise And That The Lake Was Closed For The Whole Weekend. This Lake Also Has Only One Marina And One Ramp . They Set Up The Course In Front Of The Beach Area For Spectators And That Had The Boats Traveling Half Way Down The Lake Just To Reach The Starting Line. That Is All I Remember Of The Race. I Know Some Guys I Think Raced That Race If You Wanted More Info.
509DAYTONA
didyu find out any more info just checking

BigJetDaddy
05-23-2007, 11:02 AM
We raced there in 84 or 85. It was not in october though. I remember it as early June. I think they only raced there one or two years after that. A friend of mine has a waterfront place there. It doesn't sound like there is much hot boating going on there anymore.

sanger455
05-31-2007, 02:13 PM
brookville this weekend

sanger455
06-28-2007, 04:23 PM
going to mich. next weekend.
anyone going!