PDA

View Full Version : Clear one thing up (again)

***boat
01-27-2007, 10:10 PM
This issue must be related to the alignment of the planets or something because every six months it seems we run into problems with this.
Do not post nudity or links to sites containing nudity on these forums. We are not in any way setup to handle adult content here, we don't have any warning or age verification.
If you somehow think it's cool to do this and have your content removed understand that you broke the rules and depending on the situation you may get a temp ban. When this happens the mods usually edit your post and replace the content with a message that says "Link to prohibited material removed". If you remove this message and re-post the link or material you are gone forever. If you keep coming back and causing problems we will ban your IP, contact your Internet service provider or company you work for if posting from a corporate Internet connection. We have to enforce this rule to keep the site running.
Now to head off all the "Isn't Hot Boat owned by Larry Flynt" comments I get every single time I post this warning I would say this... Yes, if you are looking for adult material I suggest you go visit one of the other fine sites owned by Larry Flynt. This is a boating site. Keep it that way.

Moneypitt
01-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Yes, protecting this site is important, to me anyway.........You scoundrels...MP

Jrocket
01-27-2007, 10:26 PM
And for Gods sakes,could you people please start wearing deodorant!

charlyox
01-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Rules are rules. Abide or you are done. This is a great web site. I would hate to see it go.

73kona455
01-27-2007, 10:43 PM
must be caused by global warming............:eek:

Jrocket
01-27-2007, 10:56 PM
must be caused by global warming............:eek:
Speaking of global warming..tacos for dinner and I think a bathrrom break is coming up very soon.

jbone
01-27-2007, 11:15 PM
I guess I missed something good.

jbone
01-27-2007, 11:16 PM
I mean BAAAAD.

topless
01-28-2007, 04:07 AM
"This issue must be related to the alignment of the planets or something because every six months it seems we run into problems with this."
Hba, LOL, when I read the first line of your post I was chuckling to myself wondering what kind of tale of woe we were gonna get about this site not workin right or the image center or whatever. Seems like every six months we got through this.:D
Just a suggestion if you don't mind. Every one of the moderators has gone over this subject til they're blue in the face and by the tone of the last couple of rants by Rexie and Hammer, they're gettin close to the edge. Do the numbers "5150" strike a cord? Yeah, well back to my suggestion. Put a warning on the initial registration page in plain English stating that "THERE WILL BE NO whatever, links, nudity, etc." Then stop treating everyone like children and ban them for a month and a second offense get's them GONE.
Quit being 'nice guys' cuz, a. it's not necessary. b. if people can read these forums then something as simple as NO NUDY SHOTS should be easy. c. the moderator pay is lousy. d. there are always gonna be as*holes that want to try and push the limit and see how far they can go. Don't put up with their bs. Hell, I don't even speak twice to my boss before I send her to her office!
If some of "our members" had more self control and respect for others(meaning the owners, admin, and mods) then it wouldn't have to be this way. You know that's not gonna happen so just crack the whip and maybe if you don't have to spend so much of your time babysitting you can fix what ain't working right.
The other forums that I terrorize do not tolerate the crap that goes on here and we don't seem to have a problem with it. If some folks don't like it "OH F*CKEN WELL-go to another website".
If you need any further help with this or any other mlnor annoyance don't hesitate to pm.:rolleyes:
Rio-> just waiting for the poor lil innocents to start crying!:devil:Well said my hero. Can I still post horse heads?

SmokinLowriderSS
01-28-2007, 07:56 AM
And just when, with last night's full moon, I had a set of nudes ready to post,
of myself. Drat. Oh well. :(
:D :D
Maybe on one of Lary's other "fine" sites. LMAO. :idea: :D
Topless, they better not be NUDE horse-heads. :D

Jetaholic
01-28-2007, 06:28 PM
But wait a minute...isn't this site owned by Larry Flynt? :D:D:D

Jordy
01-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Wait just a second here, there was a nipple posted in this months magazine which has always been the guideline for what was appropriate for the boards. Is this some kind of sick double standard here??? :D :D :D
jordy <----- stir, stir, stir.
p.s. I'm with Rio. Take off the kid gloves and give them back to Jacko. It sucks to have a couple idiots ruin it for everyone. ;)

cxr133
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
are there actual guidelines what constitues nudity?
this being a website about boating....im sure people have pics that may be borderline because of skimpy bikinis. blatant nudity i understand but scantily clad i understand is allowed

Jbb
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM
While you are ....."clearing" things up.....how about clearing up all the problems associated with the latest upgrade?

Kim Hanson
01-28-2007, 08:45 PM
"This issue must be related to the alignment of the planets or something because every six months it seems we run into problems with this."
Hba, LOL, when I read the first line of your post I was chuckling to myself wondering what kind of tale of woe we were gonna get about this site not workin right or the image center or whatever. Seems like every six months we got through this.:D
Just a suggestion if you don't mind. Every one of the moderators has gone over this subject til they're blue in the face and by the tone of the last couple of rants by Rexie and Hammer, they're gettin close to the edge. Do the numbers "5150" strike a cord? Yeah, well back to my suggestion. Put a warning on the initial registration page in plain English stating that "THERE WILL BE NO whatever, links, nudity, etc." Then stop treating everyone like children and ban them for a month and a second offense get's them GONE.
Quit being 'nice guys' cuz, a. it's not necessary. b. if people can read these forums then something as simple as NO NUDY SHOTS should be easy. c. the moderator pay is lousy. d. there are always gonna be as*holes that want to try and push the limit and see how far they can go. Don't put up with their bs. Hell, I don't even speak twice to my boss before I send her to her office!
If some of "our members" had more self control and respect for others(meaning the owners, admin, and mods) then it wouldn't have to be this way. You know that's not gonna happen so just crack the whip and maybe if you don't have to spend so much of your time babysitting you can fix what ain't working right.
The other forums that I terrorize do not tolerate the crap that goes on here and we don't seem to have a problem with it. If some folks don't like it "OH F*CKEN WELL-go to another website".
If you need any further help with this or any other mlnor annoyance don't hesitate to pm.:rolleyes:
Rio-> just waiting for the poor lil innocents to start crying!:devil:
Lighten up, have a beer..........( . )( . ).............:D :D

Kim Hanson
01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I honestly don't see where there should be any questions about what is acceptable and what is not. Crx133, I am NOT singling you out but if you have to ask yourself if the pic you are going to post is acceptable, THEN IT PROBABLY ISN"T! Why do we always have to push it to the limit?
Jetaholic :D the equation is LF=owner=BOSS=***boat
***boat-nudes=:) =LF=:D
BUT
***boat+nudes=:mad:=LF=:devil:
LF=:devil:= no more website!
If LF=God and he declared "no more praying on my website" then there would be no more praying on HIS website. Agreed?
Personally, if I had my way the guidelines for pics would be somewhere along the lines of this http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732cxr133.jpg
Guy sorta looks like a rockinghorse :D but the kids are adorable and the wife is dressed appropriately.
Rio
Well said Roy Rogers I wonder if anyone heard it though :idea: .........( . )( . )..............:D

moneypit
01-28-2007, 08:57 PM
Whos Larry Flynt? Did he invent the lighter or something?

Jetaholic
01-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Jetaholic :D the equation is LF=owner=BOSS=***boat
***boat-nudes=:) =LF=:D
BUT
***boat+nudes=:mad:=LF=:devil:
LF=:devil:= no more website!
Rio
WOW! This equation has enabled me to see much more clear on things. What would I ever do without you Rio? :D

SmokinLowriderSS
01-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Personally, if I had my way the guidelines for pics would be somewhere along the lines of this http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732cxr133.jpg
Guy sorta looks like a rockinghorse :D but the kids are adorable and the wife is dressed appropriately.
Rio
Oh lighten up ya old prude. :D :D