PDA

View Full Version : I give a nood to Pelosi...

bigq
01-28-2007, 07:49 AM
She took initiative and actually went over there to see and speak to the people on the ground and in the battle. No better way to form an opinion. Most of us including myself get the info from a couple sources like media and family that is on the front lines. Big thumbs up to her.:D
Pelosi and her delegation were later expected to meet with President Hamid Karzai and U.S. Ambassador Ronald Neumann.
The trip to Afghanistan followed a stopover in Pakistan on Saturday, where Pelosi met with President Gen. Pervez Musharraf to discuss the situation in Afghanistan and cooperation in countering terrorism, officials said.
A statement from Pakistan's Foreign Ministry said the U.S. delegation "lauded Pakistan's role in the war against terrorism," but Musharraf also faces mounting pressure from the U.S. to do more to prevent resurgent Taliban militants from using Pakistan's remote tribal areas as a base for attacks on U.S. and allied troops in Afghanistan.
Pelosi's delegation earlier visited Iraq, where she met with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

Poster X
01-28-2007, 08:02 AM
So far so good.

donzi5150
01-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Ah yes Pelosi and the Dems.......We don't support the war, don't want to fund the war, want the troops out and lately don't support the additional troops to take care of business. That was one suggestion that has been floated around by people on both sides of the isle for a long time and was, if I remember correctly, a suggestion of the Baker report. But what a condradiction of a 81-0 vote by the Dem controlled Senate supporting General Petraeus who was part of developing the plan for the additional 21,000 troops. :idea:

Rexone
01-29-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm surprised Villarigosa didn't go with em and make it a real group photo op.

bigq
01-29-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm surprised Villarigosa didn't go with em and make it a real group photo op.
Me too that guy is a toad. I can't stand the way he speaks with what seems like a dramatic pause for every word:rolleyes: like every thing he says is so important:rolleyes:
What a tool!