PDA

View Full Version : Beer can almost ready

Fire Water
01-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Almost ready for the 408 sbc (480hp). Moved the steering and seats back about a foot, rebuilt the pump, complete rewire and new plumbing. Flipped the hull and straightened a few dings. Yeah I know the roll bar isn't leagal but the boat isn't raced. Gonna start out with the place diverter. I've got a race nozzle that I'll play with once I get the boat dialed in. Thanks for all the technical help from all the members.

BCJETTER
01-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Looking good That boat will get your blood running.I have also built my own beer can. Good luck

Jungle Boy
01-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Good for you man. You are going to have a blast with that boat and maybe even start and trend with other boaters in your area. You need to go to the Eagle / Outlaw board and post a few photos and tell a story or two.
The Bald Man

MWJSOne
01-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Firewater looking good bro
just take 3 feet less and you have my sprint boat same paint job.AR and I have been talking
about some type of venture down to your neck of the woods for a play escape to warmer weather very hard pressed to get the kiwi boat in the water.Cheers

BLOWN JOB
01-28-2007, 10:34 PM
what is the cable on the jetovater

Fire Water
01-29-2007, 04:42 AM
That's a feedback cable. It goes inside the hull to a sending unit that then drives a trim gage on the dash. If you look at the pic labled "set back fab 2" you can see the cable where it attaches to the sender beside the battery master switch just inside the transom.
Also, that's a place diverter not a jetovator. Don't know what the differences are but I'm sure there are some.

Alien
01-29-2007, 09:51 AM
John, you should have tried the Race Nozzle first. :)
It'll be awful hard to give up the Place Diverter unless you need the all-out speed.
For running the back water I sure like the Brakes and Reverse ! :D
Got any flyfisherman down there ? I didn't ask that . . . .
_____

Fire Water
01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I should be able to change out to the race nozzle with about 30 minutes of work. Going to make a tiller extension just the right length so I shouldn't need to adjust the steering during change out.
Not to many flyfishermen down here except along the coast fishing for redfish and even those guys are pretty rare. A word of caution though. If you ever get down this way to run I would strongly advise againt pissing off the locals. I can't tell you how many stars and bars flags I see hanging off docks and porches. People are real friendly and will help you out, but you definetly don't want to get on their bad side. Remember the movie "Deliverence", that was filmed down here in South Carolina.