PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Marina

MR.rvrluvr
01-28-2007, 03:24 PM
are they getting any betterr I have not been there in a couple of years and was wondering if they were still up tight. What about checking for noise? I have mufflers but I heard they were still tuff. Just wondering I am new and figured someone might know

Havasu1986
01-28-2007, 03:32 PM
There still checking. When I got checked last year..I was over a little bit. The guy gave me a pass because the motor was still cold.

blown dough
01-28-2007, 04:16 PM
They have always been really nice to us, we always launch there.

INSman
01-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Never had a problem there and always launch there. Oh yeah, it helps if you have a nice looking woman with you instead of a crew of unsightly troublemakers :D

TCHB
01-28-2007, 04:56 PM
I stay away from the Marina and use Winsor to launch.

mrs.rvrluvr
01-28-2007, 05:51 PM
we use windsor. Marina tried to make us buy a weekend pass when we would only use it one day.(holiday) Made huby made said he would never go again. They were really rude about the whole thing. Windsor gets alittle crazy but you can buy a yearly pass for a $100. Well worth it. When it gets crowded just use the overflow by the channel.

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 07:10 PM
are they getting any betterr I have not been there in a couple of years and was wondering if they were still up tight. What about checking for noise? I have mufflers but I heard they were still tuff. Just wondering I am new and figured someone might know
we dock at winsor also...but right now the water is low, and the right side of the dock is f up... (our friends frank and michelle, f up there trailer on that right side.... the left side of the dock was under construction... that was the week before the rhino run.... which was.... MLK weekend...we went to the marina to dock, that weekend, and they did the noise "test" to out boat...it took 40 min...i didnt think we were going to pass...we finally did...we also have mufflers on ours.... so i think you will be ok...i think for "right" now...dock at the marina...ONLY BECAUSE it has been a little windy out there... GOOD LUCK:)

Havasu Hangin'
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
I would never give those idiots another dime of my money...they do not support performance boating.

Jbb
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I would never give those idiots another dime of my money...they do not support performance boating.
After all we read on this board about this place...I cant believe anyone from here uses the place...:confused:

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 07:25 PM
YEA BUT LAST TIME...AT WINSOR...THE WHITE CAPS WENT CRAZY IN MINUTES ...(8 PPL WE DIDNT EVEN KNOW) JUMPED IN THE WATER TO HELP US GET OUR BOAT ON THE TRAILER:( ...WHEN THE BOAT WENT SIDEWAYS:( ...THAT REALLY SUCKED... that was kinda scarry...never saw the water, turn so quickly in all our years out in havi...now, we just dont like to take chances...we like to dock out in the winter, windy or not, SO SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO GO WITH THE MARINA......but we do have one of them 100$ year passed at winsor...thats a good deal...hope winsor will be ok, this next weekend... when we are out there...

Psycho Squid
01-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Took a Rhino ride the other day to Windsor the man was waiting for people to load their boats and issuing tickets for noise after they were on the trailer. Just a heads up! :eek:

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Took a Rhino ride the other day to Windsor the man was waiting for people to load their boats and issuing tickets for noise after they were on the trailer. Just a heads up! :eek:
REALLY WINSOR TOO HUH? well, we are clear..they put your boat registration number into the cp... when they clear ya...:)

Havasu Hangin'
01-28-2007, 07:42 PM
YEA BUT LAST TIME...AT WINSOR...THE WHITE CAPS WENT CRAZY IN MINUTES ...(8 PPL WE DIDNT EVEN KNOW) JUMPED IN THE WATER TO HELP US GET OUR BOAT ON THE TRAILER:( ...WHEN THE BOAT WENT SIDEWAYS:( ...THAT REALLY SUCKED... that was kinda scarry...never saw the water, turn so quickly in all our years out in havi...now, we just dont like to take chances...we like to dock out in the winter, windy or not, SO SOMETIMES WE HAVE TO GO WITH THE MARINA......but we do have one of them 100$ year passed at winsor...thats a good deal...hope winsor will be ok, this next weekend... when we are out there...
So go to Crazyhorse- it's even more sheltered than the Marina.

Psycho Squid
01-28-2007, 07:43 PM
REALLY WINSOR TOO HUH? well, we are clear..they put your boat registration number into the cp... when they clear ya...:)I'm sure most of us are right at the legal limit or just slightly over. Glad to see they keep track. :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-28-2007, 07:50 PM
REALLY WINSOR TOO HUH? well, we are clear..they put your boat registration number into the cp... when they clear ya...:)
If you are talking about the Marina...they are not LEO, and they are not checking the noise based on the state standards (they made up their own). They are denying access to legal boats (that don't meet their standards, but do meet the AZ standards). I have a letter from the AZ Governor mandating they stop, but apparently the Mayor didn't care.
If they put you in "the computer"...it is just for the Marina. Frankly, those guys are so bad with a db meter...I'm suprised they know how to use a computer.

Phat Matt
01-28-2007, 07:55 PM
We launched at the Marina yesterday in Taylor's boat. They checked their list to make sure he passed for noise before they would let us through.

Havasu Hangin'
01-28-2007, 07:58 PM
We launched at the Marina yesterday in Taylor's boat. They checked their list to make sure he passed for noise before they would let us through.
You and Taylor are now an enema of the people.
BTW...if you guys want to make your boats a little quieter while testing at the Marina, just angle the stern out a little. Those idiots aren't smart enough to figure out they are getting exhaust noise bouncing off the wall...

djunkie
01-28-2007, 07:58 PM
I've never had a problem at the Marina other than they were a little rude to my g/f one time cause she was slow at backing the trailer down the ramp. Other than that I haven't had a problem.

Havasu Hangin'
01-28-2007, 08:01 PM
I've never had a problem at the Marina other than they were a little rude to my g/f one time cause she was slow at backing the trailer down the ramp. Other than that I haven't had a problem.
You are also an enema of the people.

Phat Matt
01-28-2007, 08:01 PM
You and Taylor are now an enema of the people.
BTW...if you guys want to make your boats a little quieter while testing at the Marina, just angle the stern out a little. Those idiots aren't smart enough to figure out they are getting exhaust noise bouncing off the wall...
I have a season pass at Windsor. I was just along for the ride. And a fast one at that! :D

Throttle
01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
I still try to launch at the marina whenever possible, they do seem to still have an ear for lots of noise... its always easier to tie up so I can park my truck...

djunkie
01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
You are also an enema of the people.
Oh well. Best launch ramp in Havasu and you want me to boycott it cause other people have problems there? They've never sweated me. My exhaust is under water so theres nothing to test.

Jordy
01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Best launch ramp in Havasu and you want me to boycott it cause other people have problems there? They've never sweated me.
It's not always about you. It's all about the principle of it. Guess all for one and one for all doesn't mean much to you huh??? :notam: :D

mrs.rvrluvr
01-28-2007, 08:25 PM
we dock at winsor also...but right now the water is low, and the right side of the dock is f up... (our friends frank and michelle, f up there trailer on that right side.... the left side of the dock was under construction... that was the week before the rhino run.... which was.... MLK weekend...we went to the marina to dock, that weekend, and they did the noise "test" to out boat...it took 40 min...i didnt think we were going to pass...we finally did...we also have mufflers on ours.... so i think you will be ok...i think for "right" now...dock at the marina...ONLY BECAUSE it has been a little windy out there... GOOD LUCK:)
we fd up our trailer to backed in to far and went off the end of the ramp. banged up the fender getting it out. Hubby said he would gladly pay for another fender bfore he would go back to the marina(thats how rude they were to us).

Havasu Hangin'
01-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh well. Best launch ramp in Havasu and you want me to boycott it cause other people have problems there? They've never sweated me. My exhaust is under water so theres nothing to test.
Maybe it's because you don't have a performance boat. :jawdrop:
Crazyhorse has a sheltered ramp, and it's private property (no noise discrimination). So I guess you don't have an excuse now, right?

Phat Matt
01-28-2007, 08:36 PM
HH. You and Dan would have been proud of us. We had the beer bong out and Taylor was driving with his feet as we bump the rev limiters. :D
The beer goes down fast with the added wind pressure. Good times.

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 08:47 PM
If you are talking about the Marina...they are not LEO, and they are not checking the noise based on the state standards (they made up their own). They are denying access to legal boats (that don't meet their standards, but do meet the AZ standards). I have a letter from the AZ Governor mandating they stop, but apparently the Mayor didn't care.
If they put you in "the computer"...it is just for the Marina. Frankly, those guys are so bad with a db meter...I'm suprised they know how to use a computer.
was thinking the same thing...

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
we fd up our trailer to backed in to far and went off the end of the ramp. banged up the fender getting it out. Hubby said he would gladly pay for another fender bfore he would go back to the marina(thats how rude they were to us).
try pasties lol really they work wonders...

djunkie
01-28-2007, 09:53 PM
It's not always about you. It's all about the principle of it. Guess all for one and one for all doesn't mean much to you huh??? :notam: :D
This is boating, not the He-Man Woman Haters Club. :D

djunkie
01-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Maybe it's because you don't have a performance boat. :jawdrop:
Crazyhorse has a sheltered ramp, and it's private property (no noise discrimination). So I guess you don't have an excuse now, right?
I didn't know I could even launch at Crazy Horse unless you rent a spot. (Or know someone) And to some I guess my boat wouldn't be a performance boat. But at least its paid for. :D :D

EAZYKILLER2006
01-28-2007, 10:00 PM
you tell them! LOL

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I didn't know I could even launch at Crazy Horse unless you rent a spot. (Or know someone) And to some I guess my boat wouldn't be a performance boat. But at least its paid for. :D :D
I believe Day Use is $10...and now you don't have to support the Marina to launch your (paid for) rowboat.

shockwaveharry
01-29-2007, 02:41 AM
I won't launch there on principal. My tips are below the waterline as well but I refuse to put one dollar in there till. I want them to feel the impact of their poor sportsmanship in the pocketbook. You know the story, you should get on board. :)

Hallett
01-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Harry thats a great thought but i really dont think they care
most of his money is made off the slips & gas dock.
it's to bad becouse it's the best place to launch.
(they won't let me launch there.)

imbndvs
01-29-2007, 05:23 AM
Just had another problem with the marina a couple weeks ago.
Won't get into what happened, but Jeff is still a Fckin Ahole and Tony is just an old fckin Ahole. I just waiting for the day someone punches one or both of them in the face and I don't understand why it hasn't happened yet!

GHT
01-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Same for us... We usually use Winsor but use the Marina on occasion. Our boat is in the Marina's data base so they checked the boat and let us through...

djunkie
01-29-2007, 07:14 AM
I won't launch there on principal. My tips are below the waterline as well but I refuse to put one dollar in there till. I want them to feel the impact of their poor sportsmanship in the pocketbook. You know the story, you should get on board. :)
Well they have never given me a reason to not go there. Until they do I'll still launch there.

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Well they have never given me a reason to not go there. Until they do I'll still launch there.
Well Osama Bin Laden probably never personally gave you a reason to hate him, either. Better contribute to some of his causes, too.

Jordy
01-29-2007, 07:39 AM
Hey, I've got that shirt!!! :D :D :D

djunkie
01-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Well Osama Bin Laden probably never personally gave you a reason to hate him, either. Better contribute to some of his causes, too.
Well since everyone else on here is jumping off a bridge guess I should too right????
Trying to figure out your thinking here HH.

91nordic29
01-29-2007, 12:43 PM
After all we read on this board about this place...I cant believe anyone from here uses the place...:confused:
Exactly! I would be embarrassed to be seen using it.:jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Well since everyone else on here is jumping off a bridge guess I should too right????
Trying to figure out your thinking here HH.
No, but if everyone is supporting a worthy cause, I would think you would want to also.
Trying to figure out your thinking here, djunkie.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 01:15 PM
No, but if everyone is supporting a worthy cause, I would think you would want to also.
Trying to figure out your thinking here, djunkie.
I've never seen anything there that was bad enough for me to not launch there. Everybody has problems at launch ramps. They've always been cool to me so why should I stop?

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I've never seen anything there that was bad enough for me to not launch there. Everybody has problems at launch ramps. They've always been cool to me so why should I stop?
Because they discriminate against performance boaters:
The Marina = Osama Bin Laden

acatitude
01-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Just a question. I may be going to havi after memorial day. Is there any place to launch within a reasonable distance from town where they dont check noise?? I know the howard wont pass, but never have been hassled up here, the LE's are to busy fockin with the drunk roll bar boaters to worry about me.

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Just a question. I may be going to havi after memorial day. Is there any place to launch within a reasonable distance from town where they dont check noise?? I know the howard wont pass, but never have been hassled up here, the LE's are to busy fockin with the drunk roll bar boaters to worry about me.
Crazyhore and the Nautical are both private, and not testing. Windsor, Catail, and Site Six are all State run, but I doubt you'd get hasstled there since they would need a patrol boat in the water to get a transom reading. The only risk there may be a "No Muffling Device" citation, which is visual.
The Marina is private, but they are making up their own laws...what a joke.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 01:32 PM
So the Marina is involved with attacks on America? Come on HH you can come up with a better analogy than that. Would you rather me launch at Windsor???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
So the Marina is involved with attacks on America? Come on HH you can come up with a better analogy than that. Would you rather me launch at Windsor???:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Yes, the Marina is attacking our personal freedom as Americans, just like Bin Laden. :notam:
Even though your exhaust is underwater, just the fact that they are testing boats should be enough to see they are discriminating against performance boaters (since sailboats don't have loud exhaust...like your boat), and it should piss you off.
If you have any balls as a performance boater, you'll do the right thing. Otherwise, we know where you stand.

acatitude
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks HH, If it is going to be a hassle I wont even tow it down there, ill just boat biatch it.

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks HH, If it is going to be a hassle I wont even tow it down there, ill just boat biatch it.
I have never been hassled...and my boat is not quiet by any means...lol. as long as you don't do anything stupid, you will fit right in with all of us.
There's a funny story about a guy I know who put Gibson turndowns on his boat, and was able to lauch at the Marina. After awhile, he took them off, and his boat is very loud (almost 100db at idle).
The rocket scientists at the Marina never hasstled him after because he was "in the computer as OK"...those guys are brilliant!

djunkie
01-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes, the Marina is attacking our personal freedom as Americans, just like Bin Laden. :notam:
Even though your exhaust is underwater, just the fact that they are testing boats should be enough to see they are discriminating against performance boaters (since sailboats don't have loud exhaust...like your boat), and it should piss you off.
If you have any balls as a performance boater, you'll do the right thing. Otherwise, we know where you stand.
Your funny. Any balls??? My g/f and I are usually alone when we launch. The Marina and Cattail cove are the only places that are easy for us to launch. The Marina has never given me any shit and it works out good for us. And yes, I own a performance boat. I'm sorry, but you have fun fighting the hell of Windsor to launch. I won't. As for Crazy Horse, I tried to launch there once. They told me I needed to pay to rent a spot in order to use their launch ramp. So until you find me another good place to launch, I will continue to use the Marina.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM
There's a funny story about a guy I know who put Gibson turndowns on his boat, and was able to lauch at the Marina. After awhile, he took them off, and his boat is very loud (almost 100db at idle).
Is that guy ball less too? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

little rowe boat
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I believe Day Use is $10...and now you don't have to support the Marina to launch your (paid for) rowboat.
No, No I'm the little rowe boat.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 01:48 PM
No, No I'm the little rowe boat.
Correct, I'm a potatochip boater. :D :D

little rowe boat
01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Last I checked, many Howards are performance boats.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
HH is right. I'm a bad person for launching at the Marina. Guess I'll go and bang my boat up with the others at Windsor. After all, what better practice for my g/f pulling my boat on the trailer where the wind blows like mad and all the afternoon chop rolls in.

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Your funny. Any balls??? My g/f and I are usually alone when we launch. The Marina and Cattail cove are the only places that are easy for us to launch. The Marina has never given me any shit and it works out good for us. And yes, I own a performance boat. I'm sorry, but you have fun fighting the hell of Windsor to launch. I won't. As for Crazy Horse, I tried to launch there once. They told me I needed to pay to rent a spot in order to use their launch ramp. So until you find me another good place to launch, I will continue to use the Marina.
That is a bunch of whiny crap. I have to drive the truck (with a 40' trailer) and my boat, since I don't have anyone else that can do either.
It's ironic that the Marina is the only facility that can accomodate my truck and trailer (to make the turn safely), but they won't let me launch there.
The last time I was at Windsor, there was such a fierce crosswind (with whitecaps), it was blowing my 10,000lb boat sideways, and I had to throw one engine in reverse just to keep the nose in my lane. Once the wind catches my boat, it would take at least 10 guys to stop it. I don't have 10 guys...just me, and my driving skills. Somehow, I always get it on and off the trailer....no worries.
As for Crazyhorse, just ask for a day pass, and you can use the ramp (unless they are full...which can happen anywhere).

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Apparently not- he's still supporting the Marina. Any performance boater (with some balls) has boycotted that place a long time ago.
So which is it? No balls, or no performance boat?

djunkie
01-29-2007, 02:00 PM
That is a bunch of whiny crap. I have to drive the truck (with a 40' trailer) and my boat, since I don't have anyone else that can do either.
It's ironic that the Marina is the only facility that can accomodate my truck and trailer (to make the turn safely), but they won't let me launch there.
The last time I was at Windsor, there was such a fierce crosswind (with whitecaps), it was blowing my 10,000lb boat sideways, and I had to throw one engine in reverse just to keep the nose in my lane. Once the wind catches my boat, it would take at least 10 guys to stop it. I don't have 10 guys...just me, and my driving skills. Somehow, I always get it on and off the trailer....no worries.
As for Crazyhorse, just ask for a day pass, and you can use the ramp (unless they are full...which can happen anywhere).
Call it what you want HH but until they give me shit I'm still gonna use it when I need to. Half the time we use Cattail cause we stay at that end of the lake anyways. But I will not risk damaging my boat or truck/trailer with the conditions and yahoos at windsor.
As for Crazy Horse, I 'll try it AGAIN. But being turned away twice cause I wasn't renting a spot was enough for me not to go back. Maybe I should tell them I know you. :rolleyes:

djunkie
01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Apparently not- he's still supporting the Marina. Any performance boater (with some balls) has boycotted that place a long time ago.
Lots of big talk from a guy who swings from nuts!!

little rowe boat
01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
I have launched at the marina once in the last 12 yrs. I use windsor, site 6 or cattail. I have noticed a line/ many performance boats entering the Marina, when I am driving to site 6.

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I have noticed a line/ many performance boats entering the Marina, when I am driving to site 6.
That's when you take out your bullhorn, and let them know they have no balls.
A performance boater with no balls is almost as bad as a Howard with quiet exhaust...lol.

40FlatDeck
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
The marina will never get a dime of my f##king money.:devil:

little rowe boat
01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
A performance boater with no balls is almost as bad as a Howard with quiet exhaust...lol.
No thats what silent choice is for.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
That's when you take out your bullhorn, and let them know they have no balls.
Now thats funny. You've been quiet around here lately since you were cut off from Kroozin's nut sack. :devil:

acatitude
01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
damn all this Howard bashing is making my quiet little grocery getter blush.:D

djunkie
01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
damn all this Howard bashing is making my quiet little grocery getter blush.:D
The question though is, do you have balls? :D :D

OutCole'd
01-29-2007, 03:06 PM
DJ the Union bustin scab.:D
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE..........

djunkie
01-29-2007, 03:10 PM
DJ the Union bustin scab.:D
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE..........
Union bustin. Now thats funny. :D :D :D

LakeRacer
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
HH, you me and a few others tried to do something about this a couple of years ago when the Marina decided they were above the law. I say a few others because when it came down to it, the few were the only ones who were determined to make it happen. All of the others on here were filled with hot air. They complained but did nothing to back it up. Consequently our quest to sue the marina never materialized.
We can still try to educate the boaters on this forum about the marina and make them see the light. But I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 03:29 PM
We can still try to educate the boaters on this forum about the marina and make them see the light. But I wouldn't get too worked up over it.
Hes not worked up, hes just giving me a hard time. :D And if the people at the marina would give me a reason I would stop going there in a heart beat. But, until then I'm not gonna start going to Windsor when I haven't had problems at the Marina. Hell, I won't go to Walmart because of the way they treat their employees but I won't come on here and tell you not to.

mrs.rvrluvr
01-29-2007, 03:29 PM
...... So until you find me another good place to launch, I will continue to use the Marina.
SITE SIX.........:D :D :D

mrs.rvrluvr
01-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't have any balls and I wouldn't ever launch there again

djunkie
01-29-2007, 03:31 PM
SITE SIX.........:D :D :D
Now thats the funniest post in this thread. :D :D

OutCole'd
01-29-2007, 03:33 PM
How about the Islander, they don't check for noise there.....:D
No launch lines, no noise checks, I'm talking PARADISE!:D
Bring on SUMMER damnit!

djunkie
01-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Bring on SUMMER damnit!
Too many drunks roaming around that place. :D :D

catman-do
01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Ive never had any problems at the Marina, however i try to not launch there at all costs due to principal. Everyone i know seems to get some kind of hassles from them.

OutCole'd
01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Too many drunks roaming around that place. :D :D
You're telling me. I hate the competition there. Next thing they are going to have DUI check points for the golf carts.

djunkie
01-29-2007, 03:50 PM
You're telling me. I hate the competition there. Next thing they are going to have DUI check points for the golf carts.
Be careful what you say. :D

OutCole'd
01-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Be careful what you say. :D
I use a DD, my son. He does quits drinking early so he sober by the time we do a golf cart cruise.:D

playdeep
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=catman-do;2364250]Ive never had any problems at the Marina, however i try to not launch there at all costs due to principal.
And we have a winner...
I have a real problem with an enterprise that enforces rules arbitrarily as opposed to unilateraly.
This past summer we sat in the channel next to guy who's boat failed the decibal test,he gave the guy $50.00 and was allowed to launch...
In my book that's Bull$hit.
Used to be these forums were more of a fraternity...We pretty much all had each other's back's when dealing with any entity that messed with a fellow boater.
I don't completely understand this every man for himself mentality,when it comes to the launch ramp Nazi's at the main marina.

RiverDave
01-29-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm not much of a Havasu boater, but after reading all the shit on here I actually went out of my way to find other launch ramps in Havasu the few times I went up there. (I only knew where the marina was). The ole Nordic would pass no problemo as it was as quiet as quiet gets, but fock all if I'll be a Scab like djunkie..
RD :D

OutCole'd
01-29-2007, 04:14 PM
I'm not much of a Havasu boater, but after reading all the shit on here I actually went out of my way to find other launch ramps in Havasu the few times I went up there. (I only knew where the marina was). The ole Nordic would pass no problemo as it was as quiet as quiet gets, but fock all if I'll be a Scab like djunkie..
Nice!:D

djunkie
01-29-2007, 04:15 PM
LOL!!!!!!! Its ball less scab to you mr. :D :D

acatitude
01-29-2007, 04:25 PM
damn I just wanted to know the best place to launch my noisey smokey,fouled up, loud mufflerless grocery getter. Didnt mean to get in the middle of this cat fight girls..:D
ok windsor is out cuzz its all windy and shitty and I just got me and the ballless women( I hope) launching, no sausage army to hold the boat in wind and chop. i kinda like a dock myself to tie it up.. and the guys at the marina(wherever that is are assholes) they get none of my money. ok we are getting it narrowed down, lol:D

djunkie
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
damn I just wanted to know the best place to launch my noisey smokey,fouled up, loud mufflerless grocery getter. Didnt mean to get in the middle of this cat fight girls..:D
ok windsor is out cuzz its all windy and shitty and I just got me and the ballless women( I hope) launching, no sausage army to hold the boat in wind and chop. i kinda like a dock myself to tie it up.. and the guys at the marina(wherever that is are assholes) they get none of my money. ok we are getting it narrowed down, lol:D
Sounds like Site 6 is for you. Just let me know when you'll be there so I can watch. :D :D

LakeRacer
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Hes not worked up, hes just giving me a hard time. :D And if the people at the marina would give me a reason I would stop going there in a heart beat. But, until then I'm not gonna start going to Windsor when I haven't had problems at the Marina. Hell, I won't go to Walmart because of the way they treat their employees but I won't come on here and tell you not to.
The analogy isn't quite correct but it's the principal isn't it? And the employees can go find another job somewhere else. No one is holding a gun to their head. Well I'll argue just for the hell of it :D If Wal-Mart treated their customers the way the marina treats us....would you then tell us not to go there?
Just giving you a hard time like HH. Can't let him have all the fun:D

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Havasu has a Marina? :D :D :D
Haven't launched there since 1990 something......more so out of convenience than anything else. And I guess it was a half hearted effort to help the Perf boaters by not taking my quiet potato chip boat there. Nor have I spent any money for gas or goodies.....I do that in town.
If Havasu's mayor blows off the Governors orders then it stands to reason there is another step to take, no? Or do we have a different mayor now that might act upon it?
LOL---DJ, you ballless wonder....:D

djunkie
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
If Wal-Mart treated their customers the way the marina treats us....would you then tell us not to go there?
Just giving you a hard time like HH. Can't let him have all the fun:D
No I wouldn't. I'd simply let you know of it so that you could make your own desicion as to whether or not you'd want to shop there. :D :D

OutCole'd
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Havasu has a Marina? :D :D :D
Haven't launched there since 1990 something......more so out of convenience than anything else. And I guess it was a half hearted effort to help the Perf boaters by not taking my quiet potato chip boat there.
If Havasu's mayor blows off the Governors orders then it stands to reason there is another step to take, no? Or do we have a different mayor now that might act upon it?
LOL---DJ, you ballless wonder....:D
It's scabby balless wonder.

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 04:34 PM
My bad :)

LakeRacer
01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
No I wouldn't. I'd simply let you know of it so that you could make your own desicion as to whether or not you'd want to shop there. :D :D
OK... How's this? Would you please not go to the marina because they treat us performance boaters like sh..t and their rules are not enforced unilaterally and are also not in compliance with the concession contract they have with the State of Arizona? Pretty please??? :D :D :D

djunkie
01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
:devil: :devil:

djunkie
01-29-2007, 04:37 PM
OK... How's this? Would you please not go to the marina because they treat us performance boaters like sh..t and their rules are not enforced unilaterally and are also not in compliance with the concession contract they have with the State of Arizona? Pretty please??? :D :D :D
Uh........ No. BUT, If they ever give me shit for anything, I promise to jump on the bandwagon. After all, I'm just a potato chip non performance boat guy anyways. :rolleyes: :D :D

OutCole'd
:devil: :devil:
Don't get mad at me. scabby

Havasu Hangin'
Would you please not go to the marina because they treat us performance boaters like sh..t and their rules are not enforced unilaterally and are also not in compliance with the concession contract they have with the State of Arizona? Pretty please??? :D :D :D
That's what I've been saying!
:D

djunkie
Don't get mad at me. scabby
It's scabby balless wonder:D :D

djunkie
01-29-2007, 04:38 PM
That's what I've been saying!
:D
No one cares what you say. :rolleyes: :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-29-2007, 04:40 PM
No one cares what you say.
:notam:

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 04:43 PM
It's scabby balless wonder:D :D
Is there an uncontrolable itch doctor in the house?
:eek:

djunkie
01-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Is there an uncontrolable itch doctor in the house?
:eek:
Sounds like a personal problem you got there. :crossx: :crossx:

Ziggy
01-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a personal problem you got there. :crossx: :crossx:
Seemed like you were too shy to ask for yourself so I thought I'd help. :D

mrs.rvrluvr
01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
what the hell is a potato chip?:)

acatitude
01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
no wifey to teach, but I load the boat always. if it gets outa wack or dinged its much better that I do it ...I have a tendency to lose my temper a little around docks with idiots and there boats around mine ( sometimes Ive been the idiot):D

mrs.rvrluvr
01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
no wifey to teach, but I load the boat always. if it gets outa wack or dinged its much better that I do it ...I have a tendency to lose my temper a little around docks with idiots and there boats around mine ( sometimes Ive been the idiot):D
Take me for a ride and I'll back the damn thing in for ya:D

acatitude
01-29-2007, 06:58 PM
yes maam you got it:D

mrs.rvrluvr
01-29-2007, 06:59 PM
That thing better be fast:devil:

acatitude
01-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Dont you worry about the grocery getter. you just back the damn trailer in straight:)

dumbandyoung
01-29-2007, 07:05 PM
what are you talking about. that thing should be sold by then.:D

acatitude
01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
what are you talking about. that thing should be sold by then.:D
I doubt it, seems everyone would rather pay 40k more for a slower dcb, lol:D aw shit now I did it :)

dumbandyoung
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I doubt it, seems everyone would rather pay 40k more for a slower dcb, lol:D aw shit now I did it :)
Maybe if you put some dcb stickers on it and raise the price 30k it would sell tomorrow.
Hey if you need a place to Launch that doesn't check you can launch out of my private one(Willow Valley) a little north of Needles. $15 puts your boat in the water. No wind. Or I think Moabi doesn't check either.. not sure though.

LakeRacer
01-29-2007, 08:16 PM
the really sad thing is the monopoly that the marina seems to have over havasu, what i mean is havasu has exploded in the last five years with no new launch facilities/ marina ?? sounds like the city fathers are taking care of the marina just fine, no new enterprises allowed, even though the lake could use a new "boater" friendly marina, new slips, gas docks etc...but sure seems like every time someone approaches the idea, they get slammed by the dudley do gooders that might not have thier fingers in the pie, even if they started tommrrow, hell it wouldn't be done for at least a year, all political b.s.
It isn't necessarily the city. The marina has a contract with the state and guess what? All of the shoreline that's available is owned by the state. And the contract specifies that the marina can build another marina....first right of refusal. So if anyone really wants to put up the money for another marina, LHM can say nope....we'll do it instead.
Performance boaters alway complain about their supposed "rights" being taken away. You'd think they would stick together and fight for what's right. Last I checked...Lake Havasu Marina is still sticking it to us.
Until someone or a group of boaters decides to pony up the thousands of dollars to "protect our rights" you can go on crying and complaining.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Bring on SUMMER damnit!
SSSSHHHHHHH!!!!! Dumb Ass!!! Are you crazy!!!!!:D

Makinitdrip
01-29-2007, 09:59 PM
last year my buddy's boat broke out in the middle of the lake. The marina was the closest so it was towed there. THe marina would not let us tie off so we could drive to cattail to get the truck. we had to call the tow again, wait again, then get towed to Cat tail........I HATE THAT PLACE!!!! By the time it was all said and done, everyone was sober. ehhhh

dumbandyoung
01-30-2007, 09:27 AM
last year my buddy's boat broke out in the middle of the lake. The marina was the closest so it was towed there. THe marina would not let us tie off so we could drive to cattail to get the truck. we had to call the tow again, wait again, then get towed to Cat tail........I HATE THAT PLACE!!!! By the time it was all said and done, everyone was sober. ehhhh
Are you serious??!?!? What fockin dicks!. Sorry to hear that man. Ya, I bet everyone was sober and pist...Next time bring more beer.:D