PDA

View Full Version : Train Horns - what and where to buy??

Hermosa
01-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Can anyone forward me a link to a good train horn site and suggest something. I see tons of stuff on ebay, but have heard the cheap horns don't last. I'm looking for the real train sound and loud, any help appreciated. I'm looking to get a good horn for a decent price, just a little leary of the ebay sellers, all their stuff looks the same. Thanks!

mrs.rvrluvr
01-28-2007, 05:46 PM
hubby says look for Nathan, Air chime, or Super Typhone stamped into the horn Those are the real ones. He has 5 sets but will not part with them

Chromegorilla
01-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Booya! here's your source. Check out the videos...you'll piss your self they're so friggin funny. :eek: :D
http://www.hornblasters.com/

grandpa's magic
01-28-2007, 05:58 PM
got my kit from flora's wrecking inc. paid around $500.00 for everything and you install.

MudPumper
01-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Grover Products is the real deal. Kinda pricy though. This company makes the Stuttertone Horn you hear on the fire trucks.
http://www.airhorns.com/

Chromegorilla
01-28-2007, 06:03 PM
here they are in action....
http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php?pic=39

anxious
01-28-2007, 06:40 PM
yeah, i would definately buy from hornblasters.....id post some of my personal videos, but it may have been you that I pissed off while i pissed myself laughing my a$$ off:D :D :D

Trailer Park Casanova
01-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Grover Products is the real deal. Kinda pricy though. This company makes the Stuttertone Horn you hear on the fire trucks.
http://www.airhorns.com/
Great for shaking up PWC riders

Racey
01-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Screw train horns, i want a giant ship's fog horn

Eliminator 4 Life
01-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I got a Nathan on mine and its the shit:D

BigDoug
01-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I just watched all the videos..........................funny stuff !! :)

boatsnblondes
01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Fockin loser foamers..get a life.....I HATE train horns.....like I said before, honk that thing at me, I'll take a baseball bat to your head....:mad:

Hermosa
01-29-2007, 06:43 AM
I just bought one from Hornblasters.com. I love their videos, I was cracking up "Jesus wants to save you from the titty bar sitiation".
The reason I bought from hornblasters is because I just found out today that one of my tech guys on the floor has one, and he showed me his. Seems to be good quality, all metal and he has a lot of blasts on his with no issues.
Thanks for the help here!!!
Hermosa.

Hermosa
01-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Fockin loser foamers..get a life.....I HATE train horns.....like I said before, honk that thing at me, I'll take a baseball bat to your head....:mad:
Lighten up there Francis, nobody here is out to blast you with their train horn.

Trailer Park Casanova
01-29-2007, 06:49 AM
I just bought one from Hornblasters.com. I love their videos, I was cracking up "Jesus wants to save you from the titty bar sitiation".
The reason I bought from hornblasters is because I just found out today that one of my tech guys on the floor has one, and he showed me his. Seems to be good quality, all metal and he has a lot of blasts on his with no issues.
Thanks for the help here!!!
Hermosa.
I hope to tell ya, they are great on Mojave when the PWC's cut you off.
They crap their suits.

riverbound
01-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Well then dont cut me off when Im towing my boat and have to slam on my brakes. or dont try and pass me on the right when I am also towing my boat to get that one spo further ahead while merging. Dont drive 55mph in the fast lane or carpool lane.
Dont drive like a jackass and you wont have to worry about it. ;)

STV_Keith
01-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Hornblasters has some nice stuff. I bought my tank from them. Their website shows $115, but when I called to order, the guy told me the price was really $85.
The real deal horns are very expensive. I personally like the sound of the Nathan Airchime P3 horns. A buddy here in town bought a set of horns off E-bay for like $75 that sound so close to the P3's that I've decided to get them too. They are called the Hammer 3 set from these guys: http://stores.ebay.com/Siege-Engineering-Equipment

boatsnblondes
01-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Well then dont cut me off when Im towing my boat and have to slam on my brakes. or dont try and pass me on the right when I am also towing my boat to get that one spo further ahead while merging. Dont drive 55mph in the fast lane or carpool lane.
Dont drive like a jackass and you wont have to worry about it. ;)
Who said anything about that?? I'm a railroad engineer........those things are too loud for the streets, and you boners wanna put them in your trucks?? Stupid, just stupid....
Oh, and fock you and your boat....

Baja Big Dog
01-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Who said anything about that?? I'm a railroad engineer........those things are too loud for the streets, and you boners wanna put them in your trucks?? Stupid, just stupid....
Somebody needs a hug!!;)

Baja Big Dog
01-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Ive had a set of the Siege type triples for a few years, (before all the squirrels in the trees had them), they have lasted very well, pointed them backwards to keep shit out of them, run them ar 100 PSI and they will turn an asian's eys round! (drive though Garden Grove, thats why I bought them).
Some of my guys run them at 180PSI on their service tucks, and they will make your ears BLEED!!!
Real crowd pleasers!:jawdrop:

cdog
01-29-2007, 09:27 AM
I put the viair system on my truck with a constant 150 psi. It was a bitch to run all the plumbing and find room for the air tank. They put all the bungs in the wrong place seeming how you want to hide the tank under the bed. Air horn is next. Ebay seems to have some of the best deals out there. But don't waist your money unless you do a good pump and tank system.:D

Baja Big Dog
01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I put the viair system on my truck with a constant 150 psi. It was a bitch to run all the plumbing and find room for the air tank. They put all the bungs in the wrong place seeming how you want to hide the tank under the bed. Air horn is next. Ebay seems to have some of the best deals out there. But don't waist your money unless you do a good pump and tank system.:D
And dont believe the bull that the guys on Ebay say about how easy it is to mount, make sure you have alot of room!!! These horns are big! IE short bet f250 is a real nightmare to mount.

Kachina26
01-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Grumpy assed hoggers! That'll do.

STV_Keith
01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I ended up going with an Air-Zenith pump. 200psi, 2.65cfm free flow. It's a little more money than the Viair pumps, but moves more CFM. I am also plumbing my system to run an air gun for those pesky trailer/truck flats.

dumbandyoung
01-29-2007, 02:36 PM
I've always wanted to put one in my truck. Are they illegal?

Beer-30
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
27000. (a) A motor vehicle, when operated upon a highway, shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound. An authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with, and use in conjunction with the siren on that vehicle, an air horn that emits sounds that do not comply with the requirements of this section.
27001. (a) The driver of a motor vehicle when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation shall give audible warning with his horn.
(b) The horn shall not otherwise be used, except as a theft alarm system which operates as specified in Article 13 (commencing with Section 28085) of this chapter.

mrs.rvrluvr
01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Hubby has 2 sets of super typhones on the peterbilt and one set of nathans on the trailer (just in case you didn't hear him comeing). He would love to toot them for ya:D

Jbb
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
I love the deep train sounding horns......
I put one of these in my truck........sounds range from an angry bull.....to a lovesick cow.....:D
Moooooo (http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=cow+horn)

boatsnblondes
01-29-2007, 09:35 PM
They are illegal as all hell....add to the fact that they scare the living SHIT out of people who are not expecting them, and you also are libel for the results. Yes, you can and SHOULD be sued for whatever happens. I can just imagine one of you losers running out to the river, you come up on a car doing 55-, maybe 60, and you lay into that thing....turns out its grandma and grandpa heading out to visit the grandkids for the weekend..but you can't tell the difff.....so you light them up with your horn...you startle the old man so bad he loses control of the car, rolles it a few times, kills them both. Good for you , dipshit. this whole thing of putting them on cars and trucks has GOT to be cracked down on, you LE guys listening?? Train horns are not toys, but using them for your fun is just as dumb as it gets.....

riverbound
01-29-2007, 09:56 PM
You're an angineer??... congratulations, you want a metal or a plaque??
no thanks, you arent mine or my boats type ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
01-29-2007, 10:07 PM
27000. (a) A motor vehicle, when operated upon a highway, shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound. An authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with, and use in conjunction with the siren on that vehicle, an air horn that emits sounds that do not comply with the requirements of this section.
27001. (a) The driver of a motor vehicle when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation shall give audible warning with his horn.
(b) The horn shall not otherwise be used, except as a theft alarm system which operates as specified in Article 13 (commencing with Section 28085) of this chapter.
You could have just said NO haha. I got mine on Ebay

Eliminator 4 Life
01-29-2007, 10:08 PM
They are illegal as all hell....add to the fact that they scare the living SHIT out of people who are not expecting them, and you also are libel for the results. Yes, you can and SHOULD be sued for whatever happens. I can just imagine one of you losers running out to the river, you come up on a car doing 55-, maybe 60, and you lay into that thing....turns out its grandma and grandpa heading out to visit the grandkids for the weekend..but you can't tell the difff.....so you light them up with your horn...you startle the old man so bad he loses control of the car, rolles it a few times, kills them both. Good for you , dipshit. this whole thing of putting them on cars and trucks has GOT to be cracked down on, you LE guys listening?? Train horns are not toys, but using them for your fun is just as dumb as it gets.....
I have one and I use it for truck drivers that cant stay in there fawkin lane.. Ill be damn if Im gonna have them hit me or my boat....

Baja Big Dog
01-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow, sounds like someone else needs a hug!!!:jawdrop:

mobldj
01-29-2007, 10:16 PM
i like it when a train is going down the tracks and i hit my train horns,they dont know if they should shit or jump off.and i worked on railroad cars for 20 years,not just sit in them and go forward and backwards all day long...bfd

riverbound
01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I have one and I use it for truck drivers that cant stay in there fawkin lane.. Ill be damn if Im gonna have them hit me or my boat....
Fock you and your boat....you loser ;)

riverbound
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Wow, sounds like someone else needs a hug!!!:jawdrop:
Sounds like he needs more than a hug....looks like he hasnt seen a boat or a blonde in a while. :D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Fock you and your boat....you loser ;)
fawk my boat huh why dont u come and try to fawk my boat and we will seee what happens Ill rip this 3 horn nathan off my frame of my truck and shove it up your a$$ and let it air out:devil:

riverbound
01-29-2007, 10:34 PM
fawk my boat huh why dont u come and try to fawk my boat and we will seee what happens Ill rip this 3 horn nathan off my frame of my truck and shove it up your a$$ and let it air out:devil:
LOL....you dont want none of this. think back to who yo daddy is (Think Naci bash #1 ;) )