PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News

RitcheyRch
01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/10871433/detail.html?dl=mainclick
CHP Recommends Charge Against Brandy In Fatal Crash
LOS ANGELES -- A city attorney's spokesman says the California Highway Patrol is recommending that actress-singer Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter for a fatal freeway crash.
Brandy, whose full name is Brandy Norwood, was driving a sport-utility vehicle that was involved in a fatal collision last month on the San Diego (405) Freeway, authorities said last week. Brandy spokeswoman Courtney Barnes issued a statement confirming the singer-actress' involvement in the crash.
According to the CHP's preliminary report, there was no evidence of drugs or alcohol involved in the collision, which occurred about 10:30 a.m.
The 28-year-old singer and "Moesha" star was driving a 2007 Land Rover on the northbound 405 Freeway south of Sepulveda Boulevard, according to the CHP. The Land Rover, going about 65 mph in the No. 5 lane, rear-ended a 2005 Toyota, which caromed into the rear of a 1989 Toyota before ending up near the center divider, where it was hit by a 1988 Acura, the CHP reported.
The woman driving the 2005 Toyota, 38-year-old Awatef Aboudihaj, was taken to hospital for treatment of "major" injuries, the CHP reported. Aboudihaj died about 8:30 that night, said Capt. Ed Winter of the coroner's office.

SHOTKALLIN
01-29-2007, 12:51 PM
was she on a cell phone or what? Killrtoy did you get the scoop?

SOCALDETAIL1
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM
She must of been doing something, word is she slammed into the rear of that car going 65mph while that car was sitting in traffic????

Moneypitt
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah but when you kill someone sober it's only a misdemeanor............I guess they're not as dead as if you were .08.............MP

Kilrtoy
01-29-2007, 10:54 PM
The CHP did not recommend that, They submitted their report to the City attorney and they then make a decision on what they are gonna due.

IN2-IN2MX
01-29-2007, 11:02 PM
With the amount of traffic, congrestion, people, and crap on LA roads accidents happen everyday. People get distracted on cell phones, switching radio stations, disciplining their kids in the back seat, whatever. I feel really bad that that woman passed away but my only question is are they treating this case differently because it involves a celebrity? I mean, people slam into the back of cars all the time and, unfortunately, not everyone they hit makes it out alive. :( Do they all get charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter? :idea: Just wondering...I really don't know the answer to this.

Moneypitt
01-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes they get charged, we just don't hear about it unless there was alcohol involved. Then it is front page news. A non celib, sober accident with fatality goes on page 6 somewhere if at all...........MP

andy01
01-30-2007, 05:34 PM
With the amount of traffic, congrestion, people, and crap on LA roads accidents happen everyday. People get distracted on cell phones, switching radio stations, disciplining their kids in the back seat, whatever. I feel really bad that that woman passed away but my only question is are they treating this case differently because it involves a celebrity? I mean, people slam into the back of cars all the time and, unfortunately, not everyone they hit makes it out alive. :( Do they all get charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter? :idea: Just wondering...I really don't know the answer to this.
Yes, and the charge isn't that bad. Yes it is still bad what she did but by the time she gets out of court she'll be on probation. There is already some black group jumping up and down for her. So this case will get special treatment unfortunalty. She should have to stand like any other civilan!!!!!!!!!! Black white or in between. Doesn't matter what her race is or her fame. She cased a accident that killed somebody!
Andy