PDA

View Full Version : Record Vinyl to CD

Craig
01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Finally got around to picking up one of these;
http://www.justanothertoy.com/iB_html/uploads/post-1-71847-turntable.jpg
It lets you take your LP's or 45's and covert them to wav files which can then be cleaned up with included software. Plugs right into a USB port. Get rid of most of the pops and clicks in the begining of the song. The thing really works good. This was an old 45 I converted :D http://www.justanothertoy.com/videos/House%20of%20the%20Rising%20Sun.wma

DILLIGAF
01-29-2007, 12:49 PM
I need one of those. I have lots of records stashed away. Where can you get one at and how much was it?
Thanks

Craig
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I need one of those. I have lots of records stashed away. Where can you get one at and how much was it?
Thanks
You can find them on-line, just search Google with "Numark USB turntable" I picked this one up at Guitar World for $170. I was thinking about getting a turntable anyway to listen to some of my old stuff that isn't on CD, so this let me do both. It has RCA outs also, you can hook it to your stereo as well. It also has a stereo input where you could run a cassette player (or dare I say 8 track ;) )in through the table and to the computer.

Tom Brown
01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
What's the quality like?

DILLIGAF
01-29-2007, 01:02 PM
You can find them on-line, just search Google with "Numark USB turntable" I picked this one up at Guitar World for $170. I was thinking about getting a turntable anyway to listen to some of my old stuff that isn't on CD, so this let me do both. It has RCA outs also, you can hook it to your stereo as well. It also has a stereo input where you could run a cassette player (or dare I say 8 track ;) )in through the table and to the computer.
Thanks...I will check it out. I do know someone who still has 8 tracks and might want to record them to CD....If it was me I wouldn't admit to it though....lol

djunkie
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
WHats a record???:crossx: :crossx:

DILLIGAF
01-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Search for it on the internet whippersnapper
lol

Tom Brown
01-29-2007, 01:08 PM
It's something you will need to acquaint yourself with if you'd like to hear about the green alligators and long necked geese.

acatitude
01-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks...I will check it out. I do know someone who still has 8 tracks and might want to record them to CD....If it was me I wouldn't admit to it though....lol
8 tracks,, shiat. will it work on my 4 tracks?????:confused:

DILLIGAF
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
lol...anybody else remember taking a match book cover or some other piece of paper, rolling it up and sticking it in the side of the 8 track while playing? Those were the days of a much more simple life :)

charlyox
01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I was wondering how to get my records onto my IPOD. Now here it is.

DILLIGAF
01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
My first car stereo consisted of an 8 track player with wires to the speakers. While driving someone would hold the player and others would hold the speakers. We were silly looking mofos' but at least we had our music :).
I bought this car for $60. (Rambler) and made the guy sign a guarantee. If it broke down within I think 4 weeks he had to give me my money back. I drove that thing into the ground. I still remember driving down the freeway and opening up one of the wing windows. The window feel off and onto the freeway....lol
After a couple of weeks it broke down. I got a ride home and the next day at work I told him where the car was and got my $60. back the same day. That was a fun, free joy ride for a couple of weeks :) I still feel a little guilty about that but at the time I was a kind of...shall we say...an angry young man and the guy knew it. He wanted no part of me.....lol

acatitude
01-29-2007, 01:28 PM
lol...anybody else remember taking a match book cover or some other piece of paper, rolling it up and sticking it in the side of the 8 track while playing? Those were the days of a much more simple life :)
that was our doobie holder while listening to bob dylan lol
my first car stereo was a vibersonic record player held about 10 45's and sounded awesome. wish I still had that ol vibersonic thing to play while I lay in bed and look at farrah faucet posters while my disco ball goes around with all my black lite shit on the walls ...... yes the simple life..and I think I had a waker boat back then also, lol

Craig
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
What's the quality like?
The turntable itself or the music it converts?

seanv
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
playin with lp's instead of boating:confused: you missed one hell of the day on the water. and.... i hit 118:D :D

Craig
01-29-2007, 01:44 PM
playin with lp's instead of boating:confused: you missed one hell of the day on the water. and.... i hit 118:D :D
Nah, couldn't get the boat to fire until later that day. Had a freakin' loose fuse holder under the dash by the ignition. It was after 12 before I even got it to fire up, THEN I said f*@k it and went and played with music :D

Craig
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Now we're talking high end audio :D I know what you mean about odd stuff, here's just some of the ones I'm working on converting: :)
The Nails "Dangerous Dreams"
John Hall Band "All Of The Above"
Omar & the Howlers "Hard Times In The Land Of Plenty"
Crack The Sky "Raw" and their original demo (70's 80's east coast group)
Phantom, Rocker & Slick
Mama's Boys "Power & Passion"
Taxxi "States Of Emergency"
Was (Not Was) "Born To Laugh At Tornados"
Atomic Rooster "Headline News"
Mason Ruffner
Blackfoot "Vertical Smiles" (one of the best album covers!) vertical smiles, think about it
Fiona
John Eddie
Beat Farmers "The Pursuit Of Happiness"
Van Zant (their first album)
Little Feat "Time Loves A Hero"
Helix "No Rest For The Wicked"
The Firm (Paul Rodgers & Jimmy Page project)
Tony Carey "Some Tough City"

DILLIGAF
01-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Remember when one of these and a pair of Jensen 6x9 triaxials was a "state of the art" system http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7292/grampspm4.gif (http://imageshack.us)
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/272/pioneer20supertunerdw3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:D :D :D :D :D
State of the art...BABY!
:)

Trailer Park Casanova
01-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Our kids call the old vinyl licorce pizzas CD's.
Nice unit, price seems reasonable.
I read someplace some bands are releasing albums on Vinyl again.
A high-end sound shop in Woodland Hills Ca has some top of the line, NEW home sound systems with vaccum tubes.
Sounds mellow.
Kinda cool, ya can see the tube glowing through little viewing ports.

YeLLowBoaT
01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
you can also buy a sound card with the right hook ups ( the 2 wire white and red deal, I forget what they are called) and buy some really cheap software.
I did it about 2 years ago, my turn table only spins now when I find some thing new. I can also clean them up to a degree.

maxwedge
01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I have been thinking of getting a computer program to do that, but may have to pick one of those up instead. In the mean time do any of you fellow vinyl fans know where I can get a replacement belt for a Bang & Olufsuen Beogram 2400 turntable?

Craig
01-29-2007, 03:27 PM
I have been thinking of getting a computer program to do that, but may have to pick one of those up instead. In the mean time do any of you fellow vinyl fans know where I can get a replacement belt for a Bang & Olufsuen Beogram 2400 turntable?
Maybe these guys can help you out? :confused:
http://www.oaktreeent.com/Stereo_Turntables_and_CD_Players.htm