PDA

View Full Version : Turks and Caicos

GBLASER
01-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Planning a trip there so I need info from anybody that has been there. We always go somewhere in the caribbean for vacation so we thought we would give this one a try. So has anybody been there?

DMOORE
01-29-2007, 05:13 PM
Planning a trip there so I need info from anybody that has been there. We always go somewhere in the caribbean for vacation so we thought we would give this one a try. So has anybody been there?
OK. We took our entire family a few years back. Never again. Of all the Carribian islands I've been to, the people there are the rudest. Not one person in our family would go back. Lots of better islands to go to.
Darrell.

GBLASER
01-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow! that does not say much because I don't think anybody in the caribbean is all that friendly. We love the USVI and the BVI, Was not real crazy with St Marteen.

BajaMike
01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Wow! that does not say much because I don't think anybody in the caribbean is all that friendly. We love the USVI and the BVI, Was not real crazy with St Marteen.
Been to Peter Island, BVI?? Nice!!
http://www.peterisland.com/
:D

Enen
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I've been to Provenciales. It is an awesome island. I stayed at The Sands. www.thesandsresort.com They have a restaurant there called Hemingway's. You have to eat there. If you are inclined to enjoy more upscale amenities, then try Point Grace. www.pointgrace.com The Victoria Secret models frequent that resort. There are many new resorts that were under construction during my last trip. I might also check out The Palms. www.thepalmstc.com Some resorts are not kid friendly, so that is something to check when doing your research.
Scuba Diving is second to none. I would recommend Dive Provo. www.diveprovo.com They have some fantastic excursions.
The flight is long, especially if you are traveling with kids. There is no income tax in TCI, so the government survives on import taxes, which makes everything quite pricey.
The Turks and Caicos Islands are very rich in history as well. I can go on and on about those islands. Conde Nast Traveler has ranked Grace Bay Beach, the best beach in the world for many years now. I think you will enjoy TCI especially if you are a fan of the Caribbean. I hope this helps,
Good Luck,
Aaron

yamamoto
01-29-2007, 06:01 PM
I've been there 3 times with my family. We stayed at beaches. It was awesome. We will go back many more times.

Waist Deep
01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Hopefully, Beaches there is better than Negril.