PDA

View Full Version : Corona Real estate

River918
01-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Looking for a realestate expert for the Corona area. I have a few questions about the tax rates in the various areas....Along with posssibly looking for a house there..

Havasu1986
01-29-2007, 06:18 PM
P.M. IvanDan he does R.E. in Corona
BTW Blackcloud75 is selling his house in Corona

Nord
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Be prepared, property tax is very expensive!!!

River918
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Be prepared, property tax is very expensive!!!
I know,,, I've been looking at the new construction for the past year and just can't seem to swallow the 1.8 to 1.9%.....I was wondering if you bought a house that has the old tax rate (ie. 1.2 to 1.5%), if you got to keep that rate, or if the purchase makes the rate jup to the 1.8 to 1.9%...I like BlackClouds house, I just would like to either have a pool, or have room to put one in....

Havasu1986
01-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I know,,, I've been looking at the new construction for the past year and just can't seem to swallow the 1.8 to 1.9%.....I was wondering if you bought a house that has the old tax rate (ie. 1.2 to 1.5%), if you got to keep that rate, or if the purchase makes the rate jup to the 1.8 to 1.9%...I like BlackClouds house, I just would like to either have a pool, or have room to put one in....
I have a freind at work who is selling his house in Corona due to him retiring and moving to Texas. He just put in a 70k pool. I think he wants 575k

Ivan Dan
01-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I work and live in Corona and I'd be happy to help out. Feel free to PM, call 951-371-6262 Home Office 714-746-4496 Cell, or e-mail (Dan@DanKaatz.com) me.

HMF'er
01-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Looking for a realestate expert for the Corona area. I have a few questions about the tax rates in the various areas....Along with posssibly looking for a house there..
1% in my hood! There's some for sale if you want me to get you the info.

SHOTKALLIN
01-29-2007, 08:39 PM
someone told me the Hawardin Hills area of Riverside is only 1% tax. High dollar homes that have been extremely upgraded.

HOOTER SLED-
01-29-2007, 08:46 PM
BUy my house. I hear it's a pretty cool party pad. :D

blackcloud75
01-29-2007, 08:55 PM
1% in my hood! There's some for sale if you want me to get you the info.
Hood....and 1%= motorcycle gangs??????

Cole Trickle
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Ivan Dan helped me find a great house in a good tax area.
Home is 12 years old and rate is 1.03%(S. Corona)
I have not regretted the move from south OC for one second:)

blackcloud75
01-29-2007, 08:56 PM
http://www.immobel.com/personal/1/listingDetails.do?featured_int=0&c_mtype=res&searchId=0&minprice=639000&c_type=&xml=1&serverId=0&rpp=15&c_year-built=&c_garage=&la=EN&cu=USD&ssid=0&per=mrmls&c_zipcode=92880&c_city=&st=0&maxprice=639900&back1=%2Fpersonal%2F1%2FsearchResults.do&of=16284443

HMF'er
01-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Hood....and 1%= motorcycle gangs??????
How did u know? There happens to be a Vago down the street.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-29-2007, 09:11 PM
The tax rate is higher on new construction because that is their way of getting the consumer to pay for the roads, sewers etc, and still keep the price "reasonable" :rolleyes: But the downfall to that is when you sell, that tax rate is a big deterrent. We are actually looking into an older neighborhood because we can get more house for the same amount of taxes. I surely don't want to pay the county/state 12K a year for a crackerbox tract home. That is a grand a month! In taxes!!!!!

4DAY4PLAY
01-29-2007, 11:31 PM
The tax rate is higher on new construction because that is their way of getting the consumer to pay for the roads, sewers etc, and still keep the price "reasonable" :rolleyes: But the downfall to that is when you sell, that tax rate is a big deterrent. We are actually looking into an older neighborhood because we can get more house for the same amount of taxes. I surely don't want to pay the county/state 12K a year for a crackerbox tract home. That is a grand a month! In taxes!!!!!
its kinda all relative...and this is what i mean. In Menifee were you live or Temecula were i live, the oldest homes are 10-15 years old, so yeah you could save some money buying one of those in a low tax area because they still wont need much "work" done to them. In parts of Corona, and most of Orange county, LA, etc, there are homes 30, 40, 50 years old that you get that great 1% tax rate but you pay for it when you move in and have to put 50-100k into it in a remodel. I would rather pay 1.7% and have a brand new house, streets, schools, parks, ets than 1.2% and need to re-do the pipes, roof, electrical and drive on old streets, and send my kids to old run down 50 year old schools.

Ivan Dan
01-29-2007, 11:37 PM
its kinda all relative...and this is what i mean. In Menifee were you live or Temecula were i live, the oldest homes are 10-15 years old, so yeah you could save some money buying one of those in a low tax area because they still wont need much "work" done to them. In parts of Corona, and most of Orange county, LA, etc, there are homes 30, 40, 50 years old that you get that great 1% tax rate but you pay for it when you move in and have to put 50-100k into it in a remodel. I would rather pay 1.7% and have a brand new house, streets, schools, parks, ets than 1.2% and need to re-do the pipes, roof, electrical and drive on old streets, and send my kids to old run down 50 year old schools.
My house was built in 1988 and looks like it was built in 2005 (which most of it was considering the previous owner remodeled it). My tax base is 1.03% in Corona so you are generalizing which obviously isn't always true. In OC the standard tax base is 1.25% and quite a majority of the newer developments have mello roos or a special assesment taxes to help build the communities, parks, streets and walkways.

4DAY4PLAY
01-30-2007, 12:17 AM
My house was built in 1988 and looks like it was built in 2005 (which most of it was considering the previous owner remodeled it). My tax base is 1.03% in Corona so you are generalizing which obviously isn't always true. In OC the standard tax base is 1.25% and quite a majority of the newer developments have mello roos or a special assesment taxes to help build the communities, parks, streets and walkways.
You would know better than me, after all your in the industry. I guess what i was getting at is, older areas= lower taxes but also= older homes and more of a chance they need to have some $$ put into them, and we all know how quickly you can spend 50k on just a kitchen remodel. Newer areas usually have higher taxes, but newer homes and for the most part (theres exceptions to every rule) have more modern homes and infestructure in the community. Your home may be 20 years old, but it has been remodeled nicely, and low taxes. Im sure theres homes in your neighborhood though that needs some serious work done to them, Also, lets face it, that part of corona doesnt have the newest schools, streets and shopping centers when compared to south corona, were the taxes are higher.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-30-2007, 06:59 AM
In Menifee were you live or Temecula were i live, the oldest homes are 10-15 years old,
The house I'm in now is over 100 years old.
"Rancho California" began in the 70s (thats 40 years ago).
The neigborhood we're looking in was started in 1985, but the house we are looking at was built in 98. There are older homes out here. Sorry, but I get irritated when people say that there was "nothing" out here until the 90s. There was a lot out here, and it was nice. Unfortunatly, they tore out all the nice ranches to put in the "new homes" and parks and stuff. I'd better stop there before I get off on a tangent.
You can have your new home. I'm glad you like it. I'd rather not have my house look exactly like every other one on the street, and on the next street and on the next street and the next. . .

DILLIGAF
01-30-2007, 07:04 AM
The neigborhood we're looking in was started in 1985, but the house we are looking at was built in 98. There are older homes out here. Sorry, but I get irritated when people say that there was "nothing" out here until the 90s. There was a lot out here, and it was nice. Unfortunatly, they tore out all the nice ranches to put in the "new homes" and parks and stuff. I'd better stop there before I get off on a tangent.
You can have your new home. I'm glad you like it. I'd rather not have my house look exactly like every other one on the street, and on the next street and on the next street and the next. . .
Acting like you just won $315 million...and shit :)
Morning Angie!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Morning Angie!
:D mornin' snookems!
LOL, I think I must be fired up this morning or something. :devil: I need to get to work and whip some 12 year olds into action http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_111v.gif

Sportin' Wood
01-30-2007, 07:41 AM
Morning Angie!
No crap, It must have been the cold shower because I stole all the hot water in our 100 year old house. Know any good plumbers? Angie has needs!:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-30-2007, 07:43 AM
Mornin' hunny :D

4DAY4PLAY
01-30-2007, 08:38 AM
"Rancho California" began in the 70s (thats 40 years ago).
You dont have to tell me this....ive lived in the Temecula area since grade school(about 25 years) ive seen all the growth. And your right there WERE allot of nice ranches and property with land, but for every "nice" home there was 20 trashy mobile homes and double wides with 20 cars parked on the land. I like it MUCH better with master planned communities, parks, schools, malls etc.

Ivan Dan
01-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Im sure theres homes in your neighborhood though that needs some serious work done to them, Also, lets face it, that part of corona doesnt have the newest schools, streets and shopping centers when compared to south corona, were the taxes are higher.
How much work could a 19 year old home need? Unless the house was lived in by renters it shouldn't be trashed. Updating maybe....but I wouldn't call it serious work. I live off of Ontario and Lincoln which is considered South Corona. Most of the higher tax base properties are in the Eastvale area over off of the 15 and Limonite because they are all built within the last 5 years or newer.

Sportin' Wood
01-30-2007, 10:45 AM
You dont have to tell me this....ive lived in the Temecula area since grade school(about 25 years) ive seen all the growth. And your right there WERE allot of nice ranches and property with land, but for every "nice" home there was 20 trashy mobile homes and double wides with 20 cars parked on the land. I like it MUCH better with master planned communities, parks, schools, malls etc.
Jeeeze no love for trailer trash here. You aint lived till ya lived in a double wide. Nothing better then a bonfire in the front yard party that breaks out in a family melee!:D Yes I have been to that kind of party!:D

4DAY4PLAY
01-30-2007, 01:06 PM
How much work could a 19 year old home need? Unless the house was lived in by renters it shouldn't be trashed. Updating maybe....but I wouldn't call it serious work. I live off of Ontario and Lincoln which is considered South Corona. Most of the higher tax base properties are in the Eastvale area over off of the 15 and Limonite because they are all built within the last 5 years or newer.
I guess "work" is the wrong word to use. On a house pre 1990's that hasnt been remodeled, there will need to be some serious updating when compared to a new house. I guess im just saying you get the good and the bad buying new and used in certain areas. Buying new you will usually be in a higher tax area, especially corona, murrieta, temecula, BUT it will have a more "modern" design such as great rooms, indoor laundry rooms (upstairs preferably), modern kitchen and applainces, islands, suuround sound outlets, gas stub outs...the list goes on and on. a home built in the 80's or before will usually be in a lower tax area, but may need some serious remodeling done...or maybe not depending on how serious you take your home. For some its just a place to sleep, for others like me its a place i spend majority of my time and like to entertain.