PDA

View Full Version : Dealership Question?????

Gman
01-30-2007, 12:25 PM
If I have a bought and paid for 2002 Chevy 2500 HD sitting on 35's that I have been unable to sell in the auto trader. Can I take it to a dealer and trader it in for a car that costs less? Say low blue book on it is 20k. Can I trade it in for a 10k car? Will they give me the difference? Is this something you can do? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.:D

OutCole'd
01-30-2007, 12:27 PM
If I have a bought and paid for 2002 Chevy 2500 HD sitting on 35's that I have been unable to sell in the auto trader. Can I take it to a dealer and trader it in for a car that costs less? Say low blue book on it is 20k. Can I trade it in for a 10k car? Will they give me the difference? Is this something you can do? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.:D
Sure, most dealers would cut you a check for the difference. I'm doing that with a new Tahoe now. I don't want to put anything down on a lease so they are cutting me a check for what ever equity I have on my trade in.

Cole Trickle
01-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Alot of dealerships will buy trade in's with no purchase required.
Carmax does this alot.
Sadly dealers are not giving trade in value right now on trucks and V8 cars.(Due to gas prices so there not selling)
Also the lift will probablt hurt trade in value.
Good luck:)

dumbandyoung
01-30-2007, 12:30 PM
What kind of car do you want? What area are you in?

uvindex
01-30-2007, 12:32 PM
...getting you both ways...
So true. :)

Gman
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM
What kind of car do you want? What area are you in?
In my dream world a Escalade!! But just looking to get rid of the gas guzzler and get a good mpg car or truck. I live in Escondido and commute to Old town every day. Gas is killing me!

Ziggy
01-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Seeing threads like this always make me giggle. We dealers are such crooks:rolleyes: :D
GMAN, if a dealer wants to do business with you they most likely will take the trade and cut a check for the difference, not usually a big deal. We do it quite regularly as a matter of fact.

CBadDad
01-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Don't get hosed on a trade in. If you can't sell it, the dealer knows that and will treat you accordingly.
Buy a motorcycle.
Keep the truck for rainy days (like today).

CBadDad
01-30-2007, 12:59 PM
GMAN, if a dealer wants to do business with you they most likely will take the trade and cut a check for the difference, not usually a big deal. We do it quite regularly as a matter of fact.
In that case, I'd suggest you drive your truck down to O'side and have Ziggy hook you up with an M3. He'll even give you some change back, l at Micky D's. :)

No Name
01-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Buy a motorcycle.
A motorcycle to commute? That could be a little risky with all the azzholes out there.

Ziggy
01-30-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't get hosed on a trade in. If you can't sell it, the dealer knows that and will treat you accordingly.
Buy a motorcycle.
There's a reason it isn't selling. So market values drop when it comes time to trade it.

Gman
01-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Buy a motorcycle.
Own a 2004 road king classic buddy. But have no need for the big desert truck sold all the toys!:mad:

Gman
01-30-2007, 01:29 PM
There's a reason it isn't selling. So market values drop when it comes time to trade it.
Ziggy....I bought the truck about year and a half or 2 ago for 28K It's a nice charcoal grey 25oo hd 4 door crew cab sitting on 35's, lift, nerf bars the whole nine. But have been unable to sell it. I looked on KBB today and they say trade in value in good not excellent condition is 12,500 but in the trader there going for any where from 22k-18k I even dropped to 16K and had no luck. No one even came out and looked at it. They all wanted 4x4. Do you have any thing in o'side I might be able to get into with the trade for no payments?

dumbandyoung
01-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Ziggy....I bought the truck about year and a half or 2 ago for 28K It's a nice charcoal grey 25oo hd 4 door crew cab sitting on 35's, lift, nerf bars the whole nine. But have been unable to sell it. I looked on KBB today and they say trade in value in good not excellent condition is 12,500 but in the trader there going for any where from 22k-18k I even dropped to 16K and had no luck. No one even came out and looked at it. They all wanted 4x4. Do you have any thing in o'side I might be able to get into with the trade for no payments?
12k?? wtf?? MAN I HATE TRADING STUFF IN. I ALMOST PUKE EVERY TIME.

Ziggy
01-30-2007, 01:40 PM
It sucks right now for values on the bigger V8 stuff. :( When we call around to get bids its amazing how low they are. The gas eaters are hard to sell right now. You'll probably see the same trucks for sale for a while in the trader.
All I got right now is $25K and up on my used car lot.....although I do have a Honda Element for around 18k.

KineticoH20
01-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Your gonna lose at least 5000. 5K makes up alot of difference between 15mpg and say 25mpg do the math.

havifun
01-30-2007, 02:14 PM
ya they should give u the difference thats what they did for me

BarryMac
01-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Best of luck Gman, I had my 01 2500HD for sale for 9 months, I ended up selling it for $1500 less then Blue Book, gassers are killing you right now no matter how you try and get rid of it...

Gman
01-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Best of luck Gman, I had my 01 2500HD for sale for 9 months, I ended up selling it for $1500 less then Blue Book, gassers are killing you right now no matter how you try and get rid of it...
Damn it not what I want to hear at all!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

BarryMac
01-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Damn it not what I want to hear at all!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry to rain on you, I had two 2500HD's sitting in front of my house for a long ass time, paying insurance on both sucked ass to say the least, best of luck on your venture, I would say try and trade it in, the used gas truck market sucks bigtime.
BTW, thought you were going to be an SD Sherriff? What happened???

Gman
01-30-2007, 02:45 PM
BTW, thought you were going to be an SD Sherriff? What happened???
Failed the back ground investigation. I did a lot of drugs when I was a kid, And I was honest and told them. It had been 16-18 years since I had did anything, but 4 years ago when the wife dropped the "I'm a cheating ***** bomb" I went to the desert with friends and smoked a joint. They said 4 years wasn't long enough to be drug free. Oh well I told them I have no regrets in life. Everything I did up to this point made me the man I am today, and I'm okay with that.
So now I work for the DOD (Department of Defense) with a secret clearance so I guess every thing worked out okay. Thanks for asking. I am still a little bitter about it, because I wanted it so bad.

HocusPocus
01-30-2007, 03:06 PM
since your truck is paid off, why not refi it and buy a cheap commuter car. i know the credit union i use will refi for 100% of nada value. this way you get your car, keep your truck and you wont take a big loss.
just a thought.

boatnam2
01-30-2007, 04:18 PM
yes a dealership will do that.ofcourse plan to lose about 5k.

HCS
01-30-2007, 04:22 PM
The only one I know of that might swing some kinda deal would be Car Max.
I don't care for them but I do know people that have gotten pretty good
trade in value.

Gman
01-31-2007, 08:46 AM
The only one I know of that might swing some kinda deal would be Car Max.
I don't care for them but I do know people that have gotten pretty good
trade in value.
Any body have any Car max experiences they would like to tell before I give them a try???