PDA

View Full Version : Man this looks like FUN!

andy01
01-30-2007, 04:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23191&stc=1&d=1170203874
Andy

boatnam2
01-30-2007, 04:53 PM
not to me you can have my turn.

andy01
01-30-2007, 04:58 PM
not to me you can have my turn.
Oh come on skinny, you can't tell me it wouldn't be fun to be driver.

Phat Matt
01-30-2007, 05:11 PM
That boat looks small and is probably over 40 feet. :jawdrop:

Jrocket
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Looks like HH got his head stuck under the wheel again and Dan lost control!:D

CornWater
01-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Damn... In Z formation...
:D

Havasu Hangin'
01-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Actually, I think you were standing under there.... :jawdrop:

Jrocket
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Actually, I think you were standing under there.... :jawdrop:
Filming it all.:jawdrop:

havaduner
01-30-2007, 08:51 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23191&stc=1&d=1170203874
Andy
Especially if it was someone elses boat!!

That Guy
01-31-2007, 03:31 PM
That boat looks small and is probably over 40 feet. :jawdrop:
That's how it looked and felt in your boat at Havi a few weeks back!:D

beaverretriever
01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Holy Shinto Philosophy. That is pretty wild. Those are some rough looking seas.
When someone catches that much air; do they have to pretty much completely throttle back?

Jrocket
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Holy Shinto Philosophy. That is pretty wild. Those are some rough looking seas.
When someone catches that much air; do they have to pretty much completely throttle back?
Any time you get the prop out of the water you need to back them off before they hook back up.

CornWater
01-31-2007, 05:57 PM
The water was beautiful...
:D

Daytona100
01-31-2007, 05:59 PM
Did he stick the landing!!!!!!!!!:D

Phat Matt
01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
No shit! That is why I wish someone could have took a few snap shots or video. It must have looked crazy! :)

Bling Bling
01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
No shit! That is why I wish someone could have took a few snap shots or video. It must have looked crazy! :)
Sounds like BF's right about how you trim your boat.:D

Phat Matt
01-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Sounds like BF's right about how you trim your boat.:D
In 5 foot rollers I don't think it matters.
And what the hell does BF know about trim? I don't think he's ever had any on his boat. lol ;)

beaverretriever
01-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Any time you get the prop out of the water you need to back them off before they hook back up.
When you say back off, do you mean to 0 throttle? Man, that has to be insane working throttles in a boat like that in those conditions.
BTW, I sorry for going off on you the other day. :)

Jrocket
01-31-2007, 08:55 PM
When you say back off, do you mean to 0 throttle? Man, that has to be insane working throttles in a boat like that in those conditions.
BTW, I sorry for going off on you the other day. :)
I got thick skin,didnt even phase me.No probs here:D
Whenever the prop comes out of the water it takes the load off the motor,letting it rev freely and quicker,when it re-enters the water is puts a lowd on the prop and everything else connected with extreme pressure.This is how you break parts.Its much like a tire on a car spinning on something slippery then all the sudden gaining traction promptly,the shock is carried throught the entire drivetrain.Then there another twist too it,when the prop unloads the motor free revs too the moon,that alone can break parts very quickly,even if you have a rev chip in the box,it still takes a toll on the motor.
You should always have a hand on the throttle when trying to run hard in rough water.

BoatFloating
01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
In 5 foot rollers I don't think it matters.
And what the hell does BF know about trim? I don't think he's ever had any on his boat. lol ;)
I know enough to trim down once in awhile...... And Buddy doesn't count as trim....:eek:

Kilrtoy
01-31-2007, 09:54 PM
DID you start drinking again

mbrown2
01-31-2007, 09:55 PM
... And Buddy doesn't count as trim....:eek:
LMAO....
BTW Matt...when you have the "Tested at Lake Lakeland X" stickers on your boat you don't need trim switches on your boat! :)

beaverretriever
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
I got thick skin,didnt even phase me.No probs here:D
Whenever the prop comes out of the water it takes the load off the motor,letting it rev freely and quicker,when it re-enters the water is puts a lowd on the prop and everything else connected with extreme pressure.This is how you break parts.Its much like a tire on a car spinning on something slippery then all the sudden gaining traction promptly,the shock is carried throught the entire drivetrain.Then there another twist too it,when the prop unloads the motor free revs too the moon,that alone can break parts very quickly,even if you have a rev chip in the box,it still takes a toll on the motor.
You should always have a hand on the throttle when trying to run hard in rough water.
I'm aware of everything you stated above. I understand the consequences of a prop coming out of the water.
My question is; are they litterally dropping the throttle into a 0 position or just cutting back RPMs dramatically. Mind you, I'm a relatively new boat owner (only 2 in the past yr or so) so I don't know if they are actually taking the stick all the way to a 0 position. I have never had my prop out of the water (that I know of) but I have throttled back (not to neutral) a few times when I felt the prop may reach a sudden negative change in pressure.

Phat Matt
01-31-2007, 10:06 PM
I know enough to trim down once in awhile...... And Buddy doesn't count as trim....:eek:
Maybe I was trying to see if I could make mine ollie like yours. ;)
http://skate.agoride.com/docs/img_paragraphe/000110/ollie_2_Skate_Tricks_010971_vP.jpg
Where's Buddy? :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02261.JPG

BoatFloating
01-31-2007, 10:10 PM
LMAO....
BTW Matt...when you have the "Tested at Lake Lakeland X" stickers on your boat you don't need trim switches on your boat! :)
Ain't that the truth???? I got a new rap..... " hip hop and you don't stop when you mount the motors 3" below the bottom"
Can you say pogo stick..... ;)

BoatFloating
01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe I was trying to see if I could make mine ollie like yours. ;)
Where's Buddy? :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02261.JPG
Dude that's Jr Varsity I'd post the ones on the front of my boat in Channel but I'd get banned from Hot Boat.....
Ask Reaper, Drew Down and Sandbar Mike how I roll.....
Where's Buddy? Maybe licking your balls in the back of the boat as usual ;)

Phat Matt
01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Dude that's Jr Varsity I'd post the ones on the front of my boat in Channel but I'd get banned from Hot Boat.....
Ask Reaper, Drew Down and Sandbar Mike how I roll.....
Where's Buddy? Maybe licking your balls in the back of the boat as usual ;)
You want me to ask a bunch of dudes how your roll? Enough said. lol ;) :D

BoatFloating
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
You want me to ask a bunch of dudes how your roll? Enough said. lol ;) :D
That's the best you got????? Man did that hard landing knock all your good jokes out of your boat too?????