PDA

View Full Version : Quick Data ?

Moose
01-30-2007, 11:19 PM
Do any of you guys running the Quick Data Systems, run Driveline Speed sensors?. I read on another board that some guys use them to help see Cavitation problems. What Sensors do you run?.
Moose

OverKill
01-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Dude who have you been talking to, there is no such thing we do everything by eye. I puchased an electronic scope from Craftsman, thread tapped the shaft cover, and wrote down everything I saw at all RPM"s. It's the best way to be honest with yourself as to whats going on in there.

cruser
01-31-2007, 05:20 AM
Why would the driveline turn at a different speed than the motor? Wouldn't the rpm trace b the same thihng?

Duane HTP
01-31-2007, 06:31 AM
The compairson of the rpm to the suction pressure, (or vacumn), will tell you exactly when you're cavitating. DS speed will always be the same as the motor. There's really no way to figure a good percent of slip like a drag car situation because of the nondirect application of power, like to asphalt.

Cs19
01-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Do any of you guys running the Quick Data Systems, run Driveline Speed sensors?. I read on another board that some guys use them to help see Cavitation problems. What Sensors do you run?.
Moose
Driveline speed is RPM.
I run a bowl pressure, inlet pressure, boat speed, keel vacuum, engine vacuum, nitrous fuel pressure, carb fuel pressure, RPM and voltage.