PDA

View Full Version : Lake Levels Dropping

dirty old man
01-31-2007, 08:23 AM
Have you noticed that Lake Mead and Lake Powell are dropping again? Over a month into winter and not much water coming in. Hope it does better than last year (or last 8 years). Ask Al Gore if this is caused by global warming. If one more marina closes, the cig goes

Not So Fast
01-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Have you noticed that Lake Mead and Lake Powell are dropping again? Over a month into winter and not much water coming in. Hope it does better than last year (or last 8 years). Ask Al Gore if this is caused by global warming. If one more marina closes, the cig goes
I'll take a wild ass guess and say the cause is from TOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE sucking the life out of our river system, its a desert so quit coming here. And before you say it, yes I was born here. Global warming is a very big concern FYI!! NSF

andy01
01-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Lake levels will rise in the spring when the snow melts in the rockies.
If Ca. got rid of all the people that are not here with papers we would have more boating water!

Baja Big Dog
01-31-2007, 09:10 AM
I'll take a wild ass guess and say the cause is from TOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE sucking the life out of our river system, its a desert so quit coming here. And before you say it, yes I was born here. Global warming is a very big concern FYI!! NSF
Someone woke up on the wrong side river today!!:jawdrop:

Sleek-Jet
01-31-2007, 09:13 AM
No way.... you've got to be shitting me... :D
For all the rocket sceintist out there, lake levels at Mead and Powell have always dropped through the winter... and it's been winter in the mountains since September, I don't give a hoot what the calendar says.

Keith E. Sayre
01-31-2007, 09:14 AM
I agree with both of you two. One heck of a way to run a
desert! And remember what happened in 1983, all the lakes were empty and everyone said that it would take about 30 years to refill them all.
One good winter and then a warm summer in Idaho, Utah and Colorado and we overflowed Powell, Mead, Mohave and Havasu and flooded out all the camps along the river in Parker. Watch out what you ask for, you may get it "again".
Keith Sayre

Not So Fast
01-31-2007, 09:19 AM
Someone woke up on the wrong side river today!!:jawdrop:
Nope, actually I'm happy as a clam. Just got back from the Doc's and all my testing came back normal for a guy my age. Just tired of all the explainations and its so simple, TOO MANY PEOPLE, so give up sex, unless you're gay I guess then it dont matter. I crack myself up :D NSF

TheLurker
01-31-2007, 11:16 AM
If Ca. got rid of all the people that are not here with papers we would have more boating water!
True but...
As of 01/31/2007, Snowpack is 73.91% of the January 31st average.
April 15th is the date of maximum snowpack and basinwide snowpack is currently 44.8% of the April 15th average
We could use a few nice snow storms before the season ends
And if anyone is wondering I did not pull those numbers out of my ass, That would have hurt! They came from United States Natural Resources Water and Climate Center Department of Conservation Portland, Oregon Agriculture Service

lewiville
01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
HOG WASH!