PDA

View Full Version : Lake Texoma?

doc_texoma
01-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Anyone here party or boat at Lake Texoma? I've got a small band of folks assembled that have hung out for the past 4 years or so and had good times.
I'm not here to spam the forums with our website - so I wont - but I would love to see some other folks reply to the thread and hopefully hook up with the rest of us this coming season.
Doc

Havasu Carrera
01-31-2007, 09:48 AM
I better not get some virus from your site!!! But I would not mind checking out your site?!?
Welcome to Hot Boat!:)

IMPATIENT 1
01-31-2007, 11:04 AM
i hang go to texoma every great once in awhile, its rough. i've got some buddies who have places on the lake, i'll be there 2-3 times this next summer fo sure.

jetboat
01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
were up at cedar mills almost every weekend during the summer and try once a mounth off season.all have jet boats in progress and running.let me know were your at.

doc_texoma
01-31-2007, 02:44 PM
wow.. cool to see some fellow North Texans here...
No viruses from the board I promise..
i was going to PM the address - but it doesnt appear to be enabled.
If you would like to visit the board - feel free - its specific to Texoma, so hopefully the moderator wont consider my sharing the URL as spam.
its www.texomapartypirates.com
Look forward to seeing anyone who happens to join...

doc_texoma
01-31-2007, 02:47 PM
As far as Texoma being rough - if you are out in the main body of water, sure, on windy days it can certainly white cap and toss you around a little.
The cool thing about Texoma (and plenty of lakes im sure) are the number of protected coves... When the water level is normal, its very easy to find a nice cove with a nice beach and lots of nice people to party with....
We certainly do plenty of boating on the lake - but its also all about hanging out and getting to know folks too.

SmokinLowriderSS
01-31-2007, 05:58 PM
I make my way down there some summers, near Shay Okla to hook up with a buddy from the BABC board. Down in that end of the lake it is usually quite nice, and yes, lotsa beach room in coves and arround islands to just lounge on for a break. I really like that lake. Do they do much for July 4th shows?
I usually got to Grand Lake o-the Cherokees up by tulsa for the 2 or 3 fireworks shows on successive nights (most boat access only). Very nice shows.

doc_texoma
02-01-2007, 06:11 AM
yea - there are usually several shows - one at the big marina (Highport) and then usually one on the Okla side as well ... Several smaller ones..
The big one at Highport is usually pretty fantastic though - its leaving after the show (by boat) that gets kinda hairy.

doc_texoma
02-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know what happened to the "abandoned" skater look alike that was sitting on your right next to a repair shop for a LONG time on the road that you take to get to highport marina?
I had spoken to the owner and he had said he'd take $3k for it.... The transom cap had been glued on, and it was basically a shell. I didnt think 3k was worth it, but now see its gone.... Wondering if anyone here picked it up.

rrrr
02-04-2007, 10:12 AM
were up at cedar mills almost every weekend during the summer and try once a mounth off season.all have jet boats in progress and running.let me know were your at.
We like it there......take the RV and boat, camp for the weekend.

jetboat
02-04-2007, 07:31 PM
next time we go to texoma,weather permiting!ill give you a call.charlies always wanting to go.

IMPATIENT 1
02-04-2007, 07:41 PM
next time we go to texoma,weather permiting!ill give you a call.charlies always wanting to go.
i meant to pm ya this site, figured you guys could party on texoma alot!i pm'd ya.

taylormanss
02-04-2007, 08:33 PM
hey let's go today.my boat is running

doc_texoma
04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
just fyi - some folks from our little texoma group will be loitering at the mouth of the channel where grandpappy point is this saturday watching the regatta... if anyone is interested just look for the maroon (red), black, and white Chaparral Laser 32 and come by and say hello...

jetboat
04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
eill be at cedar mills this weekend working on the latest boat.cant miss it,only one with off-set flames.

Coded-Dude
04-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Never spent a whole lot of time at Texoma....I preferred Eufaula.

jetboat
04-19-2007, 12:19 PM
cedar mills is closer for the wife to go to when she wants.plus thats were the trailer is now.

Brett
05-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes we do. Every weekend in the summer. usually at wood Istland