PDA

View Full Version : Windsor, Dont Go There, Period

Not So Fast
01-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Took the ole barge down to lake test the new (to me) motor today and HOLY FUGGIN MOLY!!! There was not a parking space to be had, completely full. They are having one of the biggest fishing tounaments in the U.S. and it's packed. And speaking of fishermen, they drive like assholes. I was just getting spooled up in the middle of the lake, and not one but 2 of the bastards are on a collision course cutting across my bow in both directions, I had to back out as they went right across my bow, not good. NSF

mrs.rvrluvr
01-31-2007, 06:08 PM
it seems like they have to all their fishing right infront of the launch ramp to :devil:

mrs.rvrluvr
01-31-2007, 06:09 PM
so how was the new (to you) motor

ULTRA26 # 1
01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Took the ole barge down to lake test the new (to me) motor today and HOLY FUGGIN MOLY!!! There was not a parking space to be had, completely full. They are having one of the biggest fishing tounaments in the U.S. and it's packed. And speaking of fishermen, they drive like assholes. I was just getting spooled up in the middle of the lake, and not one but 2 of the bastards are on a collision course cutting across my bow in both directions, I had to back out as they went right across my bow, not good. NSF
Bobby,
How did the boat run with the the HP500? Please let us know
JM

Phat Matt
01-31-2007, 06:45 PM
They must have been practicing last weekend. I saw a bunch of sponsored bass boats. Those things can haul the mail too. :)

BigDoug
01-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Yep !!!.....windsor is packed full with this fishing tournament dealio. :)

OCMerrill
01-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Yep - 18' boat with a 250 hp Whacker, risking death, all to catch a fish.
I don't understand it.:D :D :D

shadow
01-31-2007, 07:50 PM
This AM there was a military helicopter Hovering aver Windsor,couldn't figure out why but then Slowinhavasu told me the national gaurd was one of the sponsors.
Pretty cool sight to see the Helicopter hanging around and hovering low over the parking lot for quite awhile this morning.

mmered8299
01-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Years ago my wife was putting the boat on the trailer a Calville during a fishing tournament. The trailer and I are in the water patiently waiting for all the fishermen to move out of the way as my wife cautiously drives the boat directly towards us. The fishermen had no clue as to what was going on. So she goes up on the bow and tells about 3 boats to get the f! out of the way.
They move, she drove it on, I hooked it up. It was very quiet at the ramp and I didn't say a word.

dumbandyoung
01-31-2007, 08:11 PM
SO how do you like the motor?

Not So Fast
01-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Bobby,
How did the boat run with the the HP500? Please let us know
JM
Pm to john, boatran at 72+ with3 200lbs+ guys,60gals of fuel on flat ass lake, No wind at all. So pic a time when your here and we'll see, I'm darn happy. NSF

Warlockjer
02-01-2007, 05:09 AM
Congrats on the new (to you) motor. So what do you hate worse jet skis or fishermen???:) :)

RiverRatMike
02-01-2007, 05:13 AM
This AM there was a military helicopter Hovering aver Windsor,couldn't figure out why but then Slowinhavasu told me the national gaurd was one of the sponsors.
Pretty cool sight to see the Helicopter hanging around and hovering low over the parking lot for quite awhile this morning.
yeah saw that also yesterday while at work.

Devilman
02-01-2007, 05:14 AM
Congrats on the new (to you) motor. So what do you hate worse jet skis or fishermen???:) :)
They are about the same around here. This is one of the ways to tell them apart. LOL :D
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/SPS/SPS112/1042R-8987.jpg

2forcefull
02-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Pm to john, boatran at 72+ with3 200lbs+ guys,60gals of fuel on flat ass lake, No wind at all. So pic a time when your here and we'll see, I'm darn happy. NSF
don't they claim those boats run70-72 with a 496 ho? so you'll be down to about 67 come summer? did you sell the motor?

Not So Fast
02-01-2007, 06:49 AM
don't they claim those boats run70-72 with a 496 ho? so you'll be down to about 67 come summer? did you sell the motor?
Took a sleeping pill before I wrote the last post so a little messed up. The motor ran very well and in essence did just what it should have for numbers. I cant speak for what all of the other boats say they do, I can only speak for what I saw on My boat and it's the truth as the BS can get a little thick in here at times!! The best before with the 496HO 24 p prop was 68mph, 2 200+lbers and 1/3 fuel AND wind! With the HP500 26 p prop in the same conditions I would hope to improve a little over those numbers obviously and by removing some fat & gas, AND ADD SOME WIND CHOP, maybe I would see 73-74MPH. The mid range acceleration was much better and at 4000rpm instead of 45-46 I'm now at 52mph and that is more important to me that the top figure. I'm very pleased with the switch over.
No I have not sold my 496HO motor but 2 deals are in the works so if you are interested, get moving, first here with the cash wins.
Jerry; I am not a biased person, I hate PWC's just as much as Metalflake boats (Fishermen) C-ya at the ramp. Thanks for the interest y-all. Have a great day. NSF

Not So Fast
02-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I forgot, KUDOs to my cuz,Scott for a masterful job of R&R on the motors, my son Trav also for his help and to Mark at Fabrication Plus for making the tailpipes a thing of beauty. (I had my doubts) Come on summer!! NSF

phebus
02-01-2007, 07:39 AM
Sounds great Bobby, congratulations. I am going to have to come over and see it, now that you are part of the blue man group. I bet it looks great!!

Focker
02-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Windsor, Dont Go There, Period
I couldnt agree more
everyone stay away from that ramp
especially come april till oct when i am there:D

ULTRA26 # 1
02-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Pm to john, boatran at 72+ with 3 200lbs+ guys,60gals of fuel on flat ass lake, No wind at all. So pic a time when your here and we'll see, I'm darn happy but could have run better, it wii improve with time NSF
Bobby,
I got your PM and the email with the pics. Your cuz did a great job on the install and the new tails are beautiful. The motor looks like it is brand new. Looking forward to getting out there with you soon. (the sooner the better as I'm sick of the cold stuff)
JM

Not So Fast
02-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Sounds great Bobby, congratulations. I am going to have to come over and see it, now that you are part of the blue man group. I bet it looks great!!
On the corner of Laramie & Laramie Rick. anytime. NSF

Baja Big Dog
02-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Yep - 18' boat with a 250 hp Whacker, risking death, all to catch a fish.
I don't understand it.:D :D :D
What? 28 ft 500 hp risking death for 4 months of fun, "I dont understand"
Whats to not understand, they are called FISHING BOATS!:mad:

phebus
02-01-2007, 11:52 AM
How long are those bassholes supposed to be there? I hope they're gone by tomorrow, planning on thaking the short bus out. :D

Beer-30
02-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Whenever my first trip out there this year happens to be, you much show me!

Havasu1986
02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
On the corner of Laramie & Laramie Rick. anytime. NSF
Sounds like a law firm:D Nice area to. I wish I was on that side of the 95:mad:

Wake Havasu
02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
it seems like they have to all their fishing right infront of the launch ramp to :devil:
Aint hat the truth!
If you want to a create tourney style Bass Lake make one 25 feet wide with lots and lots of boat ramps!
Can a bass boat go in more than 4 feet of water and 10 feet away from the ramps?

yopengo
02-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Best thing about Windsor is that if you have a jet you get to use the kiddy ramp. :D

Not So Fast
02-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Whenever my first trip out there this year happens to be, you much show me!
Pm me your email Paul and I'll send you some pic's if thats what you to see, or is it the parking lot full of metalflake that has your interest?? NSF

Not So Fast
02-01-2007, 03:52 PM
How long are those bassholes supposed to be there? I hope they're gone by tomorrow, planning on thaking the short bus out. :D
You cant even beat them if you go early cause they are a hardy bunch and they launch at 4:30 am, crazy. The lot was full yesterday, you can always park at the overflow and have the misses pick you up, just wading out may be a tad chilly :D NSF

Beer-30
02-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Pm me your email Paul and I'll send you some pic's if thats what you to see, or is it the parking lot full of metalflake that has your interest?? NSF
No no, not the mosquito boats, I wanna see your motor/install.
Please send the pics: pbdias@sbcglobal.net But I really want to see it in person. We need to have a few beers, unless I am mistaken :)

Beer-30
02-01-2007, 08:12 PM
This is a pic from the purchasing trip of Beer30. We were getting ready to drop it in the water for the test drive at Lake Pleasant. This too was in January (of 2005), but there was a tourny of some sort going on. My wife said they "were like mosquitos" buzzing around as we idled through them. So, I now call them mosquito boats.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23383&stc=1&d=1170389510

dicudmore
02-01-2007, 08:13 PM
This is a pic from the purchasing trip of Beer30. We were getting ready to drop it in the water for the test drive at Lake Pleasant. This too was in January (of 2005), but there was a tourny of some sort going on. My wife said they "were like mosquitos" buzzing around as we idled through them. So, I now call them mosquito boats.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23383&stc=1&d=1170389510
great thing about an east-coast cat--go right over 'em :D

Ken F
02-01-2007, 08:20 PM
I've always wanted to find out what time a tournament starts and show up on the ramp with the cheyenne and have about 10 fishing poles hanging out of it!
Those fockers get plain crazy about launching and getting away!
KenF

OCMerrill
02-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I see what you mean. All that HP and speed goodies and they fish on top of the ramp.
Bassholes. Nice.
I am truly sorry but a fish to me is not worth more than a $35 pole at walmart. And with that $35 pole I have caught many a trout from shore at Convict Lake and the like. I would not even want to hook a fish out of Havasu. Chances are it would taste like Budweiser.

Beer-30
02-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't think they were actually fishing right there in the 5mph. The weigh-in area and officials were right next to the ramp, so they were all coming in with their catch(es). They were kind of "staging" there, waiting their turns.

dicudmore
02-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't think they were actually fishing right there in the 5mph. The weigh-in area and officials were right next to the ramp, so they were all coming in with their catch(es). They were kind of "staging" there, waiting their turns.
whatever they're doing--looks like they are in the fockin' way :rolleyes: ;)

Beer-30
02-01-2007, 09:23 PM
whatever they're doing--looks like they are in the fockin' way :rolleyes: ;)
Well, the pipes were pointed right at them when it lit off, so they looked at us like we were ruining their day. By the time that happened, there were a few more arrivals, so it was even thicker than the pic. We had to serpentine through them, as they didn't budge. No sweat off my back.

Not So Fast
02-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Pics on the way Paul. After we gave up testing because of conditions (COLD) my son said they must have blown the whistle because they swarmed the ramp and then the thing I like most, they give the little ugly boats full throttle while their buddy pulls them out to keep the thing on the trailer, get three or four together doin that and it makes for great water. I'm not kidding when I say the parking lot was full and even spillover in the jet ski lot. lots and lots of flake.!! NSF

Dan Lorenze
02-02-2007, 07:25 AM
I bet I could catch more fish than those guys by rubbing stink bait on my mole.. Those little bastards... :eek:

That Guy
02-02-2007, 08:20 AM
great thing about an east-coast cat--go right over 'em :D
LOL....:D

OCMerrill
02-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I bet I could catch more fish than those guys by rubbing stink bait on my mole.. Those little bastards... :eek:
Thats very true but I think they keep the trophies for the fish that are over 3" long:D :D
And if there is ever a need for a guy wearing a band-aid those little fawkers are it.

phebus
02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Fishing tournament ends today, and the weather is heating up over the next few days. :D :) :D