PDA

View Full Version : Old School History Lesson

picklefork1
02-20-2002, 08:10 AM
Does anyone have any information on the Old school Hydro's from the mid 70's. I'm trying to figure out the differences between the sanger drag hydro and the Lee Mize hydro, and did Lee Mize make more than one hull style, and or did the sanger make more than one drag style. Are their any other hulls out there that are similar to these, if so does anyone know what they are.
This is a early 70's sanger drag hydro
http://www.rivertoys.com/featuredboats/featuredgalimages/1969sangera.jpg
This hull is reported to be a 1975 Lee Mize hydro
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=137120
I have received a few shots of Kurtis500's Lee Mize and they have a notch out at the driver seat, which neither of these two have.
Did Lee make a hul without the notch?
or did Sanger make a drag hull other then the one shown.
or can anyone tell me the make of the black hydro?
Thanks
[This message has been edited by picklefork1 (edited February 20, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by picklefork1 (edited February 20, 2002).]

picklefork1
02-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Hello

Costello
02-20-2002, 08:20 PM
The luster of the black boat and angle of the photo makes it difficult to see. It has a very high deck is all I can make out. Does it have any MIC numbers on the hull anywhere? The codes are easy to decipher if you have a number in the glass or on a placard somewhere.
[This message has been edited by Costello (edited February 20, 2002).]

Kurtis500
02-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey Picklefork, I cant seem to get my e-mail to get through to you?? This msn is really terrible. Anyways, I got your pictures of the boat it looks very clean all around. I cannot identify the hull for sure but have seen one like it somewhere in a picture. Could be a Mize, but I believe the one he made like I got was 'experimental', so yours could be another one of his like it..?.. The rear of the boat gives indication that it started life as a jet hydro. The rear, instead of moving up like the Mize, or going straight across like the Kurtis it dips down in a position that would hold a pump and grate at a good angle. They may have raised the deck on it a bit to give some surface area around the driver. If you notice the picture I sent you of the one racing you can see the guys shins thats driving because the boats cap is so low. Mine here gives you the feeling that you could just roll out of it. I think for the price you just cant loose. It seems to be well equiped and has some nice paint on it, a very good looking boat. Just dont touch the paint in the summer!(ouch) With that motor you plan on using its going to be fast.

picklefork1
02-22-2002, 07:49 AM
Kurtis - did you get my e-mail I sent you regarding a new motor?

Kurtis500
02-22-2002, 08:40 AM
Yes I did.. I think its working now.. I'll e-mail you the stuff again.