PDA

View Full Version : River Trip At The Avi?

bead
02-01-2007, 01:47 PM
ANY BUDDY HAVE A TRIP FOR THIS SUMMER AT THE UNOFFICAL OUTING FOR THE AVI . I MISSED THE LAST FEW YEARS AND NOW I HEARD ITS CANCELLED. UNOFFICALLY THAT IS . I LIKE TO SEE HOW MY TUG KEEPS UP WITH YALL.:idea: :D PLEASE POST ANY MENTIONABLE DATES PLEASE

dumbandyoung
02-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Get 4th of july weekend if you still can. Best weekend. They have a great firework show. I know that theres a Classic Boat Beach Bash there every year. But I heard no go for 2007:confused:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Perhaps you should put this up in Hot Spots West, Just Jets, or even the Sandbar. You might not get much response in the Spam section.
I think what you are asking about is CBBB (Classic Boat Beach Bash) that was held for a handful of years at the Avi in August. It has been officially cancelled due to insurance issues. Unfortunately, we are a society of "blamers" mixed with an out of control court system. This cancellation is a product of our society. You are welcome to try to put something together if you wish. I always enjoyed the event (maybe too much at times :D ).

bead
02-01-2007, 02:12 PM
THATS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR .,WHATS THE DATES FOR THIS .ANY BODY, ANY BODY... 4th OF JULY ?????

bead
02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks , Ill Try That.

dumbandyoung
02-01-2007, 02:19 PM
THATS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR .,WHATS THE DATES FOR THIS .ANY BODY, ANY BODY... 4th OF JULY ?????
well 4th of July is on the 4th of July.. hahaha
You have to check with the Avi what night the firework show is. Sometimes its on the 2nd or 3rd. I usually never know myself til I get up there and someone in town tell me. Holiday weekends are pretty expensive up there and everywhere else.
Ya..you should post this in Sandbar or something. Spam is for classifieds
My Man's Sportin' Wood,
I cant believe the retarded world we live in. Is it the Avi that said no? that sucks because its the best and really the only place to have it on the river.

Classic Daycruiser
02-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Hears a date... October 6th 2007 Phoenix Arizona
www.arizonaacbs.org

bead
02-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I LOOK FORWARD TO IT . WHATS THE EXACT LOCATION ? ALSO THE BLUE AND WHT. BOAT PICS. NEXT TO THE RC BOAT , YOU HAVE ANY MORE PISC OF THAT - ITS AWSOME ::sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

dumbandyoung
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
I LOOK FORWARD TO IT . WHATS THE EXACT LOCATION ? ALSO THE BLUE AND WHT. BOAT PICS. NEXT TO THE RC BOAT , YOU HAVE ANY MORE PISC OF THAT - ITS AWSOME ::sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
DUDE, do you not read your own thread? its canceled:hammer2:

bead
02-02-2007, 05:37 PM
I Was Refering To The One In Arizona , Dude.

78Southwind
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM
There's a couple of us that usually head out to Laughlin durring the week of the 4th of July. Made my reservations at the AVI a couple days ago. Their room rates are going up though. Last year I made reservations in May for July 4th thru July 9th ($44 on the week night and $114 on Friday and Saturday night) decided to make the reservations a little earlier this year and maybe it might be a little cheaper. Wrong! This year I made reservations for July 2nd thru July 9th ($74 Monday and Tuesday, $84 Wednesday and Thursday, $144 for Friday and Saturday, and $104 for Sunday. I wonder if we got enough boaters together if the AVI would give us a discount?

bead
02-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah , That Would Be Cool . I Think You Need At Least 10 Or More Reservation Before They Give You Any Kind Of Discount . At Least Thats What They Said At Harrahs . Also ,i Think You Need To Give A Certain Persons Name On The Reservation For A Large Party Befor They Give You Any Dicount.

Outnumbered
02-03-2007, 12:36 AM
I don't think anybuddy is going:D

bead
02-04-2007, 10:55 AM
i feel so alone :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-04-2007, 07:20 PM
My Man's Sportin' Wood,
I cant believe the retarded world we live in. Is it the Avi that said no? that sucks because its the best and really the only place to have it on the river.
No, but from what I understand, they were not very cooperative with things like a reserved parking area, or places for awards ceremonies and such. The larger issue was that when accidents happen at things like this, people tend to try to sue the person who put it together. It's okay while the event is small, but as it gets larger and larger every year, the fear of liability goes up. Who wants to risk getting sued? Not me, that's why we quit doing off-road events. They got too big. We weren't willing to lose everything we had for it.

roostwear
02-05-2007, 07:48 AM
No, but from what I understand, they were not very cooperative with things like a reserved parking area, or places for awards ceremonies and such. The larger issue was that when accidents happen at things like this, people tend to try to sue the person who put it together. It's okay while the event is small, but as it gets larger and larger every year, the fear of liability goes up. Who wants to risk getting sued? Not me, that's why we quit doing off-road events. They got too big. We weren't willing to lose everything we had for it.
Yup....

dumbandyoung
02-05-2007, 11:46 AM
WORD!