PDA

View Full Version : Cooling hose routing. Help needed....

26ftSleekcraft
02-01-2007, 02:19 PM
OK I need your guy's help. I'm putting together a 26' sleekcraft ambassador. I'm running a 454 with a volvo 280 I/O and Mercruiser style exhaust manifolds. So how do I run the cooling hoses? I have the hose coming from the outdrive and that goes straight to the crank mount water pump right? now from the where does it go? Do I have to run a regular car style water pump too? Also, I have two 1" water ports on the exh mans, one on the manifold and one on the riser. Do I use both of these?
Thanks for any help you can give. If you have pics of your own set up's it would be sweet. Thanks!!

jkh04200
02-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey Man,
I'm not at the office. I could look at mine. BBut yes you do run a water pump. And you have two i inch hoses going to the exhaust. the ones to the riser take the hoses that come off the top of the t-stat housing. The two on the bottom come off the bottom of the t'stat housing. Now as far as the hose coming from the O/D, I'd have to look at mine. I wonnt be back in the office until next week. Hope this helps some