PDA

View Full Version : Another LEO question

stoker
02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I have an emplyee that totaled a work truck last month. It happend at an intersection. He didn't know who ran the red. There was a witness that said he ran it. Anyhow he got a ticket in the mail for running a red light. It is an infraction. I thought that you cannot recieve a ticket for an infraction unless it was witnessed by a LEO. Is that true?
Thanks,
Stoker

YeLLowBoaT
02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
if your envoled in a wreck, and the reuslting infraction is the main cause of the wreck you can( and will) get a ticket.

stoker
02-01-2007, 05:48 PM
if your envoled in a wreck, and the reuslting infraction is the main cause of the wreck you can( and will) get a ticket.
Thanks

Beer-30
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
IF it was CHP, policy states that the errant driver MAY be cited if:
1. The collision is witnessed by the officer
AND/OR
2. An investigation (not simple fender-bender report) is done. If there is any injuries, an invest would be done. No injuries would be simple report.
I know around here, the city PD has policy that they ALWAYS cite the errant driver, regardless.

bocco
02-02-2007, 09:37 AM
This same thing happened to my daughter. She got the ticket in the mail for running the red light. We went to court. She got off because there were no witnesses. It was a slam dunk. The judge looked at the cop as if to say "why are you even here?". So it's probably worth fighting.