PDA

View Full Version : Boatshow prices and "previously owned" prices

Chipster27
02-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I've been monitoring the spam section for several months now and everyone keeps saying "wait until the boat show and someone sees what a new one goes for, they will be all over ___________'s boat".
I find it a little hard to believe that the mfgr isn't feeling the pain too. Their sole purpose in life is to move boats, when the market was hot they were able to command a premium. I'm sure that even they realize the market has slowed so why would they not adjust their price to the market, just like the "re-sale" boats have to?
They have overhead to cover, a P&L to make and product to move. They probably have a more vested interest in selling a boat than the "re-sale" market does.
Am I out of my mind? It's supply and demand. Right now there is a lack of demand...and the market (new or used) has to adjust to it.

phebus
02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
It will be interesting to see, if hard times come to the boating industry, what companies fold. Some of the renowned boats, might not have the most stable financial base, and the rob Peter to pay Paul strategy, might be their undoing.

Mandelon
02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I think they are playing the wait and see game. They will find out at the show how things are going to be.
There is no doubt that the home appreciation that has fueled sales for the past few years is over. Hopefully the builders who have been selling boats at a good premium banked a little bit of that money and didn't blow it all on new Rhinos and motorhomes.....
If sales are slow, they likely will lower prices to get things going. but the prices of new boats is retarded, simply out of hand over the top. I think the used market has a lot of good values right now.

FASTJTBT
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Has anyone picked up a boat trader lately its as thick as a phone book.

Havasu1986
02-01-2007, 09:07 PM
If the boating industry is like the fire sprinkler industry which I am a estimator for...they should be fine. 1 to 2 years ago we were adding a 30 -40% mark up on our bids. I have been told by my boss because we have so much back log that we are to bid at least a 60 to 70% mark up. Our engineers, shop guys and field guys have been on O.T. for months. When it slows down we will reduce our overhead and profit. You do the math on a 50k job the price goes up about 15k.

Chipster27
02-03-2007, 09:00 AM
If the boating industry is like the fire sprinkler industry which I am a estimator for..
I'm in a similar industry, we monitor the valves on your systems. The difference is our industry is pretty much recession proof. Code mandates sprinkler systems and the monitoring of them. Society creates the demand for my company's products and services.
Boating/RVs/toys in gerneral are based on discresionary income, there is no requirement for people to own a boat so the manufactures are more vulnerable to the current econimic conditions.
Time will tell...

boatsnblondes
02-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry, theres no code to keep the boat builders in business.....that said..I can think of a couple of guys who may have some problems this year. On eof them is DCB. Thats right..he has positioned himself in a spot where if you don't have a quarter mill to throw down, he has nothing to offer. We'll have to see, but I predict that boat show pricing stays right where it always has been....just a bit below retail.....

TCHB
02-03-2007, 10:04 AM
My bet is that the overall economy is ok but too many people are cashed out every week. Dept is way too high to continue and I think most people in that boat are tired of the pressures of payments for things they only use part time.

EmpirE231
02-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I dont think DCB will have much problems compared to most other builders...... dcb has positioned themselves to where they hold an elite spot in the market, such as mercedes / bmw... maybe even ferrari? and all of those companies have been selling cars long before the housing market boom. I think the majority of people that buy a boat like DCB are more along the lines of true ballers... not your home equity line / refinance ballers (even though a couple of those did sneek through and pick some up). true ballers will continue to buy sweet shit because they dont depend on the value of their home... rolls royce just put out a 4 million dollar car and the first two years of production are already sold out!! so there is real whealth out there.
but now on the other hand... I see alot of other builders gonna feel the hurt, and hopefully prices do come back down to reality, because there is deffinantly less money at peoples fingertips right now. most people who refi'd didnt care how they spent the money!! they had 100k cash in hand ready to blow... when on most average their savings/ checking accounts never saw over 5k before the housing boom!

Not So Fast
02-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Dont read anything into this OK, but I noticed yesterday that Domin8tor is gone, at least from the building they were in, Signs, boats and all?? Maybe they moved to a new location but there were no signs indicating this. It is a tough business for sure!!!!!! NSF

YeLLowBoaT
02-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Well as a GC, I have seen materials and labor cost go way up. I would assume its like that in the boat building industrys. Rising cost when ppl have less money to play with, is never a good thing.
I've spoken with a couple ppl I know in the boat industry ( one about 45 years and is now the head for the west coast of a major brand) they both said the same thing. Boat sales are way, way down. Locally, in the last year 2 boat dealships have closed and one that built a very large warhouse at the start of last year is now trying to sell it for less then it cost to build.
So my gut feeling is, we are going to see the lowest sales in decades this year. Several brand will most likly close up shop, be bought out/merge, or will move out of the courty to cut costs.
Thats just my gut feeling.

boatnam2
02-03-2007, 10:40 AM
believe me nothing going to change to much and some are hanging on for what they hope is a good summer...you will see alot of shops go away after this summer .ofcourse that is just my opinion...

Chico&Zeus
02-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Well as a GC, I have seen materials and labor cost go way up. I would assume its like that in the boat building industrys. Rising cost when ppl have less money to play with, is never a good thing.
What are you talking about......didn't you get the memo - Minimum Wage was increased, ppl should have plenty of money now.:D :D :D

455Rocket
02-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I have to say, I'm surprised none of the H.P. builders are going to Mexico for at least part of their work. Figuring So Cal has such high costs esp. for manufacturing. I was in Rosarito last weekend thinking someone could bank off the idea.

cc322
02-03-2007, 11:30 AM
I predict that the big boats will suffer the most, no matter who builds it. As where the 21' will once again regain it's roll as the perfect all around boat:D :idea:..... Did I just say that out loud?
Also as far as some of the builders that have weathered the storms of the past, I really dont think they will lower there price all that much, but may load there boats up with more features to make a sale.

blown dough
02-03-2007, 11:57 AM
DCB has a lot of boat orders right now, you would be suprised

Chipster27
02-03-2007, 01:01 PM
DCB has a lot of boat orders right now, you would be suprised
Orders don't always follow through to revenue. People can canel orders...They may lose a deposit, but it's better than losing $50k by taking delivery of the boat then having to sell it a year later.

dumbandyoung
02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I see a few companies get smaller or shutting down. Take for example, Magic has 4 locations. If boat sales drop then the need to have 4 locations will no longer stand. Im not sure what happened to Domn8ter but my guess would be they packed up and moved everything to their Havasu shop to cut overhead costs(Arizona has cheaper labor.):confused:
I am in the market for a new boat and I couldn't even imagine paying over 100k for a new one with a 496 & standard options.... When I can buy a used one for half the price in great shape with all the bells in whistles. I am going to wait til after the boat show to see if people start attacking the used market or if it stands still like it is. Only time will tell.
Theres the outrageous prices for insurance on boats that people can afford which will also have an effect I think. My guess would also be that once people shell out all this money for a boat, they can afford to use it. Think about how expensive it is to go up to the river for a weekend. You have gas in the truck and boat, food, hotel rooms, etc....
For myself, I figure at least $500-600 a weekend. And I don't even pay for a room or have kids.
So if you have a 100k boat but can only afford to use it 2 or 3 times a year whats the point.
...just my .02:D

acatitude
02-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Right on dumbandyoung, you check out the show then you better be on my howard fast as it will go fast at my price with all the bells and whistles. much cheaper then all the new bling and it is a Worlds Best Howard:D :D . get in line first young grasshopper:)

HocusPocus
02-03-2007, 04:39 PM
i am not in the market to buy or sell a boat this year but next year i will be, so it will be very interesting to see what happens to the new and used boat market in the next 12 months or so. :jawdrop:

blown dough
02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
us too, not buying or selling this year

Tequila-John
02-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Glad we sold the cobra when we did.

Not So Fast
02-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I see a few companies get smaller or shutting down. Take for example, Magic has 4 locations. If boat sales drop then the need to have 4 locations will no longer stand. Im not sure what happened to Domn8ter but my guess would be they packed up and moved everything to their Havasu shop to cut overhead costs(Arizona has cheaper labor.):confused:
I am in the market for a new boat and I couldn't even imagine paying over 100k for a new one with a 496 & standard options.... When I can buy a used one for half the price in great shape with all the bells in whistles. I am going to wait til after the boat show to see if people start attacking the used market or if it stands still like it is. Only time will tell.
Theres the outrageous prices for insurance on boats that people can afford which will also have an effect I think. My guess would also be that once people shell out all this money for a boat, they can afford to use it. Think about how expensive it is to go up to the river for a weekend. You have gas in the truck and boat, food, hotel rooms, etc....
For myself, I figure at least $500-600 a weekend. And I don't even pay for a room or have kids.
So if you have a 100k boat but can only afford to use it 2 or 3 times a year whats the point.
...just my .02:D
D&Y---- 1. It is Domin8tor in Havasu that I'm talking about being vacant??
2. I saw Magic deliver 3, count'em 3 boats today at Windsor ??
3. maybe the 1/2 price boats are the hard to insure
ones, not many deck boats at 1/2 price ??
I agree with the cost of boating though. If I didnt live here it would be a different story. I wouldnt tow all the way from So. Cal. and with storage rates what they are I couldnt afford that either so how do you explain how busy the lake was last year, even during the week?? And launching on Saturday, no friggin way, a zoo.
Having $100k or better tied up in a boat (lets face it, thats not that outrageous any more) for even 5 weekends use a year???????
I thought last year we would see a decrease in boating what with the cost of fuel but never happened, not here anyway. And the freakin snow birds are here in greater numbers than ever.
Maybe this is the year when families start adding things up only to find out they are going backwards in the money dept, who knows??? NSF

77charger
02-03-2007, 05:52 PM
If all the boats in the spam section were really a good deal.Then what is taking so long to sell them?? Some have been in since sept/oct.
I have seen the boat traders getting thicker from last year also alot of boats sitting in there too.Same goes for buggies a year ago they would be priced high and gone in less than month now after a month or 2 the price gets a little lower and still for sale
IMO 50-100k is alot to spend on a toy but do what you want its your cash!Home equity made alot of things possible and now most have cashed out and toys are the first to go when the home loan is due.I work in construction(waterproofing) and have seen work slow alot since summer use to be complete home remodels or total bath remodels now i see more just reapair the showerpan keep the same out side floor and minimum tile work vs the full blown deal last year.

blown dough
02-03-2007, 06:01 PM
D&Y---- 1. It is Domin8tor in Havasu that I'm talking about being vacant??
I agree with the cost of boating though. If I didnt live here it would be a different story. I wouldnt tow all the way from So. Cal. and with storage rates what they are I couldnt afford that either so how do you explain how busy the lake was last year, even during the week?? And launching on Saturday, no friggin way, a zoo.
Having $100k or better tied up in a boat (lets face it, thats not that outrageous any more) for even 5 weekends use a year???????
I thought last year we would see a decrease in boating what with the cost of fuel but never happened, not here anyway. And the freakin snow birds are here in greater numbers than ever.
Maybe this is the year when families start adding things up only to find out they are going backwards in the money dept, who knows??? NSF
I don't even want to add up anything, we go three weekends a month april to october

KineticoH20
02-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I was at the show today, it looks like someone is buying boats because it was a good sized crowd. It also doesn't look like there is any lowering of prices, even show discounts are not that steep! some of the smaller companies had some good discounts but they always have thats how they have always survived, but some of the styling is lacking as they are using old molds so the designs look dated. Ultra had a nice booth as did Hallet, Elminator, looking up close to the Dcb's I really don't get what all the excitement is, I was expecting to be blown away but wasn't.dominator was at the show and it was nice to see Genesis there getting back on track. As far as the amount of boats in the spam section, remember that is a very small number 20 max and that means absolutly nothing regaurding trends. The bottom line is there are people with means and they are gonna buy boats. That being said there is alot of used inventory out there but that might just encourage first time boater to step up to a performance boat because deals will be there due to high supply, but I don't think the major companies will have much of a problem this year.

acatitude
02-03-2007, 07:10 PM
well said smith and as noted earlier, Im thinkin the majority of people who buy the real high end boats arent doing any creative financing for them. I dont think elim or dcb or the other big builders will drop their price a lot, they just may produce fewer of the high dollar boats and maybe only make 1.5 million profit this year as oppssed to whatever it may have been the last couple years,:D

Parker Dreamin
02-03-2007, 07:12 PM
ours sold in less then 2 months. possible over priced boats for sale.

acatitude
02-03-2007, 07:14 PM
only the dcb's :D :D

blown dough
02-03-2007, 07:15 PM
so much kool-aid bashing

acatitude
02-03-2007, 07:16 PM
BD, yours doesnt count its not orange:)

blown dough
02-03-2007, 07:18 PM
I knew I always liked you!!!!

Havasu1986
02-03-2007, 08:47 PM
[ I saw Magic deliver 3, count'em 3 boats today at Windsor ??
Well then why haven't MAGIC BOATS sent my freinds their money for selling their boat 5 weeks ago. My buddy trusted Magic to sell their boat and when they did and COLLECTED the money it's been 4 weeks and they still haven't
got anything..:mad:

KineticoH20
02-03-2007, 09:15 PM
[ I saw Magic deliver 3, count'em 3 boats today at Windsor ??
Well then why haven't MAGIC BOATS sent my freinds their money for selling their boat 5 weeks ago. My buddy trusted Magic to sell their boat and when they did and COLLECTED the money it's been 4 weeks and they still haven't
got anything..:mad:
:jawdrop:

dumbandyoung
02-04-2007, 12:44 AM
:D D&Y---- 1. It is Domin8tor in Havasu that I'm talking about being vacant??
hey nsf, I wasnt basing my statement off fact, just opinon. Magic is definatly one of the builders that will be ok. They build a GREAT boat! I thought the upland location closed...my bad...some time i dont think before i type..hints the name. lol
I just think the expense might impact some of the "home equity guys"...my .02
:D
blowncarrera your grocery getter is sick!. Im gonna pull the trigger on a boat before april for sure. I need to practice driving a big boat in the winter, so I dont have 100 enimies at the ramps in the summer..lol :D

Not So Fast
02-04-2007, 02:00 AM
hey nsf, I wasnt basing my statement off fact, just opinon. Magic is definatly one of the builders that will be ok. They build a GREAT boat! I thought the upland location closed...my bad...some time i dont think before i type..hints the name. lol
I just think the expense might impact some of the "home equity guys"...my .02
blowncarrera your grocery getter is sick!. Im gonna pull the trigger on a boat before april for sure. I need to practice driving a big boat in the winter, so I dont have 100 enimies at the ramps in the summer..lol :D
D&Y-- I think you have valid points, I was just surprised that at this time of year I happen to see Magic deliver 3 boats when it's supposedly going to be a tough year for boats builders. The 28 deck is obviously their bread and butter boat, geeze no sh-t :D Ron is smart, he will do OK. I'm not a flag waver for Magic by a long shot although I do like my boat even if it's orange!!!!!!!!!!! (God I get sick of that statement)
Havasu 1986==As for your buddies boat I cant answer that and wouldnt even try since I dont know the particulars. Wasn't there a thread awhile back about a situation just like this?? I hope it gets straightened out!!
As far as Domin8tor goes it was just a question because I noticed the Havasu store was closed with no notice saying "We moved" I hope they are OK, hate seeing anyone go out of business, thats all.
In closing I have been and always will be AMAZED at the number of HIGH DOLLAR boats I see up here. Plus like I said $100K is sort of the norm and common as hell. I was just a working stiff (Operating Engineer) my whole like so I know the value of a dollar and btw my boat is paid for as well as everything else and NO EQUITY LOANS HERE, nosiree Bob. Thats the rule to retire, have no debt IMO!! I'm going back to bed now damnit!! ;) NSF

HocusPocus
02-04-2007, 04:51 AM
i don't think the custom boat builders will have a serious problem this year anyway.. too early. however if new boat sales are soft this year and the used boat market gets flooded even more then it already is, then next year may be a whole different story. there will always be those who can afford new boats but i have a feeling the number of people able to do so is beginning to drop. over christmas i was at havasu and drove by magic/sleek and they were packed to the gills with new boats. i can't say if they were getting ready for a big year or just had an over inventory of boats sitting around. i have had the same house in havasu for 18 years and i can't remember ever seeing that many boats sitting on their lot, even my wife noticed.
i would also be curious to know what kind of attendance turned out to the boat show this year compared to previous years.

Not So Fast
02-04-2007, 07:26 AM
i don't think the custom boat builders will have a serious problem this year anyway.. too early. however if new boat sales are soft this year and the used boat market gets flooded even more then it already is, then next year may be a whole different story. there will always be those who can afford new boats but i have a feeling the number of people able to do so is beginning to drop. over christmas i was at havasu and drove by magic/sleek and they were packed to the gills with new boats. i can't say if they were getting ready for a big year or just had an over inventory of boats sitting around. i have had the same house in havasu for 18 years and i can't remember ever seeing that many boats sitting on their lot, even my wife noticed.
i would also be curious to know what kind of attendance turned out to the boat show this year compared to previous years.
We have been here 5 years now Hocus and for the last two years I have noticed Magic had big inventory to begin the year (last year I think I counted like 20 Decks over there and even more on line from the other locations)) . Two schools of thought there, like yesterday I talked with one of the new Magic owners at Windsor and he said they looked around and fell in love with the boat they bought, put in a engine of your choice and your boating in a week at the most. The down side is lots of money sitting there in the lot. Like I said Ron is a smart man and I believe he knows what he's doing and has some PRETTY BIG MONEY to fall back on if things do slow down. If you go down the street to Conquest depending on their schedule its a minimum of 8 weeks for a boat as they dont believe in inventory. Different schools of thought, whos right, I dont know.
It seems the boating business is sort of immune to the economy, at least in the past. NSF
Oh yeah, please change your avatar, it's unsetteling, just plain wrong!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Todd969
02-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Dont read anything into this OK, but I noticed yesterday that Domin8tor is gone, at least from the building they were in, Signs, boats and all?? Maybe they moved to a new location but there were no signs indicating this. It is a tough business for sure!!!!!! NSF
New building behind Conquest.

Todd969
02-04-2007, 08:10 AM
I was at the show today, it looks like someone is buying boats because it was a good sized crowd. It also doesn't look like there is any lowering of prices, even show discounts are not that steep! some of the smaller companies had some good discounts but they always have thats how they have always survived, but some of the styling is lacking as they are using old molds so the designs look dated. Ultra had a nice booth as did Hallet, Elminator, looking up close to the Dcb's I really don't get what all the excitement is, I was expecting to be blown away but wasn't.dominator was at the show and it was nice to see Genesis there getting back on track. As far as the amount of boats in the spam section, remember that is a very small number 20 max and that means absolutly nothing regaurding trends. The bottom line is there are people with means and they are gonna buy boats. That being said there is alot of used inventory out there but that might just encourage first time boater to step up to a performance boat because deals will be there due to high supply, but I don't think the major companies will have much of a problem this year.
Did you also notice that the little (16'-19') production boats were priced in the high teens to low 20's for V6 power? Even the SeaRay 175 with a 4.3 was a show special of 16K.

Not So Fast
02-04-2007, 09:57 AM
New building behind Conquest.
Cool Todd, good for them but a sign saying they moved may be a good idea. JMO NSF

Charley
02-04-2007, 11:57 AM
DCB has a different strategy than most of the west coast builders, they make 35 boats a year, they are 9-12 months out on most of their models. Most of the guys wanting a product like a DCB, especially the bigger models, are not home equity guys, they are rich mofos who like what they see, feel they are on another level, and can afford it. I would think companies like eliminator, magic, conquest will all be more affected by this market than the guys making 10-40 boats a year (skater, MTI, DCB, E ticket etc) These builders and their overhead and business plan only require them to make that many boats a year... which is easier to hit than 150-300 boats a year. Just my humble opinion

OutCole'd
02-04-2007, 12:06 PM
DCB has a different strategy than most of the west coast builders, they make 35 boats a year, they are 9-12 months out on most of their models. Most of the guys wanting a product like a DCB, especially the bigger models, are not home equity guys, they are rich mofos who like what they see, feel they are on another level, and can afford it. I would think companies like eliminator, magic, conquest will all be more affected by this market than the guys making 10-40 boats a year (skater, MTI, DCB, E ticket etc) These builders and their overhead and business plan only require them to make that many boats a year... which is easier to hit than 150-300 boats a year. Just my humble opinion
In one sentence, you are a rich mofo, the next you are humble. Make up your mind, are you a rich mofo or are you humble??:D

phebus
02-04-2007, 12:24 PM
DCB has a different strategy than most of the west coast builders, they make 35 boats a year, they are 9-12 months out on most of their models.
Then how did Andy decide on a DCB, and have it in the mold within a couple of weeks. If I was the guy waiting for my build to start, I'd be pissed.

Dusty Times
02-04-2007, 12:48 PM
My boat is looking like a GOOD Deal for someone!!!

boatnam2
02-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Then how did Andy decide on a DCB, and have it in the mold within a couple of weeks. If I was the guy waiting for my build to start, I'd be pissed.
good point...i doubt he jumped anyone maybe it was there one week they were not doing a 26 and he got lucky!

boatnam2
02-04-2007, 02:02 PM
e ticket,i thought they have built like 2 boats and one is the owners?

Phat Matt
02-04-2007, 02:05 PM
e ticket,i thought they have built like 2 boats and one is the owners?
They have built more than 2. I think there is 5 in line right now. :)

boatnam2
02-04-2007, 02:07 PM
They have built more than 2. I think there is 5 in line right now. :)
that is good matt just talking shiit to see if anyone is biting.

Phat Matt
02-04-2007, 02:11 PM
that is good matt just talking shiit to see if anyone is biting.
:)
I think they are up to 4 now. ;)

boatnam2
02-04-2007, 02:13 PM
:)
I think they are up to 4 now. ;)
thats what i was going ot say,good thing is unlike a magic deck boat at havasu were there is more of them then rocks....you stand out a little!

4DAY4PLAY
02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
mine sold in less than 2 weeks....it was priced 5k less than
another board members exact same boat....and his is still for sale 6 months later. Personally i would rather sell it to the first person that looks at it, and after one test ride than50 tire kickers, 10 test rides and 6 months of interest, insurance, storage, and trader fees later to make an extra 5k.

Kilrtoy
02-04-2007, 06:29 PM
All they did , was produce a hull for him, a bare hull.

Kilrtoy
02-04-2007, 06:32 PM
looking up close to the Dcb's I really don't get what all the excitement is, I was expecting to be blown away but wasn't.
I looked at the Chapparel with a Merc 525 and thought is was just as good as a DCB also:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KineticoH20
02-04-2007, 07:30 PM
I looked at the Chapparel with a Merc 525 and thought is was just as good as a DCB also:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Ok Killer don't get your undies in a bunch, your missunderstanding my post, Yes DCB is top of the heap-line I understand that much, but it was the first time I actually checked them out and what I meant was compared to some of the other upper tier builders I don't see what all the secret handshake-cock waving is all about. I mean really some of you post like they are built by devine intervention. yes I would own one but they are pricey in my humble oppinion. See ya on the lake:)

SHOTKALLIN
02-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I don't see what all the secret handshake-cock waving is all about. :)
LMAO...you will understand after the first sip of KOOL-AID:D

HocusPocus
02-04-2007, 09:42 PM
LMAO...you will understand after the first sip of KOOL-AID:D
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000ED4HC0.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_V55462774_.jpg
:idea:

Washed Ashore
02-04-2007, 09:50 PM
This coming from a guy with pink on his boat,or is it cotton candy or magenta:eek: :D right back at you Ken
Jeff

acatitude
02-04-2007, 09:53 PM
but its a very pretty pink and you will be detailing that pink real soon so buy some sunglasses:D :D

Jrocket
02-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Yes DCB is top of the heap-line I understand that much, but it was the first time I actually checked them out and what I meant was compared to some of the other upper tier builders
What upper tier builders are you comparing them too?

Washed Ashore
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM
but its a very pretty pink and you will be detailing that pink real soon so buy some sunglasses:D :D
I have a welding helmet,I can use that when I buff:)
Jeff

acatitude
02-04-2007, 10:15 PM
your killin me man, oh you must have an orange DCB.... sorry, I hear you can paint a little, I bet it would look kool with a pink stripe down the side like real mens boats :D :D

C-2
02-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I have a welding helmet,I can use that when I buff:)
Jeff
Whazzup punk, you got that bass boat ready for the poker run?

Washed Ashore
02-04-2007, 10:18 PM
U funny
Jeff

acatitude
02-04-2007, 10:21 PM
someone thought it would sell faster this way..... that pink looks good:)
Damn I just noticed a little orange in there LMAO :eek:

Washed Ashore
02-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Whazzup punk, you got that bass boat ready for the poker run?
Craig,
I would love to have it back together by then.I would like to hang with you and the family even more(and have some cocktails)I'm changing some stuff,I hope it will be finished in time
Jeff

C-2
02-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Craig,
I would like to hang with you and the family even more
Jeff
Yeah right...you just wanna put the smackdown on some of the big boys.
Hope to see ya, I'll give you a call soon.

dumbandyoung
02-05-2007, 11:03 AM
someone thought it would sell faster this way..... that pink looks good:)
Damn I just noticed a little orange in there LMAO :eek:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23570&d=1170656463
you like that huh?:D
nsf- I talked to Domn8ter at the show said they moved behind Conquest.
I also talked to Brad at Magic.. he said they sold 15 boats so far. ..WOW! Although the show didn't seem too busy.:confused:

RODE'S WAY BOATS
02-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Just to let you know Domn8er is still in business and doing quite well. The Havasu shop is moving to a new location behind Conquest. There is not a sign at the other place because it was a bit of an abrupt move. They are at the LA show downstairs in the back corner and have six boats in the booth.

Not So Fast
02-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Just to let you know Domn8er is still in business and doing quite well. The Havasu shop is moving to a new location behind Conquest. There is not a sign at the other place because it was a bit of an abrupt move. They are at the LA show downstairs in the back corner and have six boats in the booth.
Good deal, I've heard they are nice people. So they must be expanding, maybe it wont be a down year for boating after all. NSF

Not So Fast
02-06-2007, 07:01 AM
I don't even want to add up anything, we go three weekends a month april to october
I would think with a boat like yours that you would just hand all the receipts to the accountant ;) NSF

TOBTEK
02-06-2007, 07:21 AM
EASY..... the F26 molds were not booked. All these rich mofos have the 29 and 32 molds booked for MONTHS.
and as Mr Big said... DCB has been very smart with his overhead expenses. I've busted his balls countless times about being in three dumpy buildings down in the geto..... looks as though he was wise not to build a new facility.

dumbandyoung
02-06-2007, 12:46 PM
so who has ordered a new boat from the show so far?

Kilrtoy
02-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I have been sworn to not tell

Biglue
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Kicking around the idea of that 38 Top Gun by the Spectres.

ChumpChange
02-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Trying to work out a deal as I type.
Deal would already be done if somebody would just buy my boat. Any offers?

Charley
02-07-2007, 01:15 AM
In one sentence, you are a rich mofo, the next you are humble. Make up your mind, are you a rich mofo or are you humble??:D
I aint a rich mofo, Im a smart mofo.... I've traded Dave for 1/2 my boats purchase price in years past through barter ;)
Read my post 9-12 months out on most models... actually what I meant is that 90% of what dave is selling are 29's or 32's....you can get a 26 or 22 much quicker...boats sit in the mold for 7-14 days at dcb then the molds gotta be cleaned up and sit a while before they do another...

Havasu1986
02-07-2007, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=Charley;2379537]I aint a rich mofo, Im a smart mofo.... I've traded Dave for 1/2 my boats purchase price in years past through barter ;)
Thats alot of boat show lighting gigs:D

stoker22405
02-07-2007, 07:59 AM
My bet is that the overall economy is ok but too many people are cashed out every week. Dept is way too high to continue and I think most people in that boat are tired of the pressures of payments for things they only use part time.
You hit the nail right on the head there

Tapa11
02-07-2007, 08:45 AM
I mostly sit back and read ya'lls post mostly, but I would like to know what the price of a 32 DCB say with 525's and XR's would retail out at, and with most options on it to. Ballpark. I've been quoted a price and I find it hard to believe...

AzLakeLizard
02-07-2007, 08:55 AM
My boat is looking like a GOOD Deal for someone!!!
Yep!..Our's also!:devil:

bigq
02-07-2007, 09:55 AM
I mostly sit back and read ya'lls post mostly, but I would like to know what the price of a 32 DCB say with 525's and XR's would retail out at, and with most options on it to. Ballpark. I've been quoted a price and I find it hard to believe...
Considering a 26 is apparently 140k I would say 275K - 350k:eek:

dumbandyoung
02-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Depending on the options. If you go with poker run seats, Gps gauges for every passenger, etc... your looking around 300k:D