PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator 4 Life

voodoomedman
02-02-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't usually start a thread about my company. I usually only respond if we're getting too much unwarranted bashing or if I can help in any way. But I have to give props where they are due.
Rob heard someone in the lobby of his hotel getting very angry about a lost package and saying he was going to use FedEx from now on. He could have just let it go since he isn't even anywhere near his hometown and he certainly isn't on the clock. He approached the guy to see how he could help. He got his information and the tracking #. He called his home operation and they couldn't find any info on this package. He recently got my number so I could give him a parking tip since we have a facility or two downtown. Anyways he called me to see what I could do. To make a long story not so long, we worked together to determine the correct tracking # and found that the package actually was delivered today at noon to the hotel and the person who signed for it. This guy got his package.
Apparently, this guy is the President of some Architectural firm in Virginia and it was very urgent that he had this package for tomorrow.
I would like to thank Rob and say that I am proud to work for my company and work with those such as Rob that go above and beyond to make us what we are. If everyone was like him there would be no competition.

bigq
02-02-2007, 08:40 PM
So you work for UPS?:rolleyes:

Havasu1986
02-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Good job Rob and VooDooMan. Everybody wins.:)

voodoomedman
02-02-2007, 09:26 PM
So you work for UPS?:rolleyes:
Yes! And I had a good story that involved a fellow ***boater so I thought I'd share. I don't usually do this as this is a ***boating site not a transportation site. I usually only respond to threads where I feel a response is warranted. I'd much rather talk about boats anyway. I was born to boat and I'm forced to work.
Good job Rob and VooDooMan. Everybody wins.:)
Thank You.

yopengo
02-02-2007, 10:38 PM
I only use UPS for all my orders. I ship a lot of small shipments and they are by far the best...and no I don't work for UPS.

Eliminator 4 Life
02-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Jason first of all I want to thank you for taking time away from your family to help me help this customer. I have worked for UPS for 14 years this year and honestly what happened today with your help and seeing the customer happy has made me proud to be a UPS driver. Im the type of driver that stays out tell well for instance the friday before xmas last year I was out tell 1am delivering packages tell all the packages were delivered. Jason again I want to thank you for recognizing me and all I have to say is we need more managment like you and we would have more drivers going above and beyond the call of duty. This is one customer we wont be losing to fed ex. Now bring on the boats, beer and babes LA boat show in less then 12 hours:D :D :D

bigq
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Yes! And I had a good story that involved a fellow ***boater so I thought I'd share. I don't usually do this as this is a ***boating site not a transportation site. I usually only respond to threads where I feel a response is warranted. I'd much rather talk about boats anyway. I was born to boat and I'm forced to work.
Thank You.
Ok! it was a question you were talking like everyone knew that. You can talk about your work too, work is a good thing.;)

voodoomedman
02-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Ok! it was a question you were talking like everyone knew that. You can talk about your work too, work is a good thing.;)
Groovy. It was a valid question. I just didn't know. I guess I thought it was pretty well known who I worked for after a couple of threads and our company has taken some good shots on here before. Although we have had the complete opposite said as well.

buzzaro
02-03-2007, 07:32 AM
I once got a package from DHL and when i opened it there was a FEDEX package inside. I had a good chuckle and then opened that package. Low and behold, a UPS envelope inside that one! Thought it was strange and dont know who to give the credit to for my package arriving on time. Glad it did though, it was a ring for my wife on our anniversary.

Eliminator 4 Life
02-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I once got a package from DHL and when i opened it there was a FEDEX package inside. I had a good chuckle and then opened that package. Low and behold, a UPS envelope inside that one! Thought it was strange and dont know who to give the credit to for my package arriving on time. Glad it did though, it was a ring for my wife on our anniversary.
That is a lil odd but it made it there and that is what matters hope you had a geat anniversary.