PDA

View Full Version : what a blast!

vdriveflat
05-28-2002, 01:43 PM
Finally took the flattie out this weekend. What a kick in the butt! I have been in a lot of jet boats but the acceleration throughout the rpm range is incredible with the v drive except at WOT still some problems there (a little rough riding however).
[This message has been edited by vdriveflat (edited May 28, 2002).]

Morg
05-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Once you have a flat you will never go back.
What is she doing at the top end.
Morg.
Originally posted by vdriveflat:
Finally took the flattie out this weekend. What a kick in the butt! I have been in a lot of jet boats but the acceleration throughout the rpm range is incredible with the v drive except at WOT still some problems there (a little rough riding however).
[This message has been edited by vdriveflat (edited May 28, 2002).]

vdriveflat
05-28-2002, 02:45 PM
at full throttle, I can hear the motor cutting out a little bit, but I can back off the trottle a little bit and pick up some speed. I am thinking that I may need to change jets. I bought the carbs from a guy in CA. The altitude here in NM is quite a bit higher.

Costello
05-28-2002, 02:51 PM
vdriveflat, What is your fuel pump capacity? My first flat did the same thing as the small electric pump could not deliver suffcient fuel at WOT.

vdriveflat
05-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Costello, I am running a mechanical fuel pump that flows 130 gph with 1/2" aluminum fuel line.

Costello
05-28-2002, 08:38 PM
That is not your problem then. Read your plugs to determine rich or lean before you make the jet changes.