PDA

View Full Version : Drive-E tray issue (just started)...

HammerDown
02-04-2007, 09:21 AM
...:rolleyes: all of a sudden when I tap the (open button) the tray quickly opens 1/8" then closes.
Real quick I phyisically grab it, and pull it out with resistance till it's all the way open. It closes fine.
Any ideas...?

DelawareDave
02-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Start, settings, control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Look under cd/dvd drives. Expand the list, right click on offending device. Disable or uninstall that drive. Click apply if available. Close all windows, then restart your computer. I had a DVD player that refused to open at all. I couldn't get the disk out, except to manually force (paper clip trick) the drive open. My method cured the issue. It now works fine again.

acatitude
02-04-2007, 09:41 AM
lmao when I first glanced I thought you were having some kind of problem with a jet boat lol lol dah:D

HammerDown
02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Start, settings, control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Look under cd/dvd drives. Expand the list, right click on offending device. Disable or uninstall that drive. Click apply if available. Close all windows, then restart your computer. I had a DVD player that refused to open at all. I couldn't get the disk out, except to manually force (paper clip trick) the drive open. My method cured the issue. It now works fine again.
PM sent...

HammerDown
02-04-2007, 12:59 PM
It seemed to fix it self...gotta love that.
Well, maybe the reboot did it.;)