PDA

View Full Version : service 4wheel drive mess wont go out

RIVERTIME247
02-04-2007, 11:54 AM
i have a 99 Z71 and i had the diff go out so i put a used one in....my truck computer still shows the service the 4wheel drive. the company that worked on my truck says they've had this problem before and not to worry.
well i am worried and dont want to get stuck out in the desert in a 100plus going there you go! does the computer need to be recalibrated or if the diff bad ? please help

Daytona100
02-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Was the lite coming on before the diff was replaced? Did you have the front or rear diff replaced? If it was the front diff look underneath the truck and see if they plugged in the front actuator. If it was the rear diff probably nothing to do with your problem. Do the lites turn on the pushbutton control on the dash? Do,s the 4+4 engauge when you push the button? Is the problem intermittant?:idea:

RIVERTIME247
02-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Was the lite coming on before the diff was replaced? Did you have the front or rear diff replaced? If it was the front diff look underneath the truck and see if they plugged in the front actuator. If it was the rear diff probably nothing to do with your problem. Do the lites turn on the pushbutton control on the dash? Do,s the 4+4 engauge when you push the button? Is the problem intermittant?:idea:
yes the light did come on before replacing front diff and i was coming home from river and i was getting some strange noises and it was acting like it was trying to ingauge the 4x.
the lights came on after changeing and i took it back and they could figure out what was going on so they put the original actuator back in thinking the orther one wasnt connecting with computer correctly. it didnt change and light will go completely out on buttons and then back on and sometimes the 2x button will start blinking but the 4x doesnt try to ingauge so im just feeling like its a breakdown waiting to happen. ive been reluctant to go to the dealer if its a fix that wont cost a arm and leg ....but i may not have a choice.

Daytona100
02-04-2007, 02:51 PM
From the info you provided first I would scan check the system and see what codes are set. B2725 4+4 switch on dash needs to be replaced. Probably not your problem. Inside the encoder motor on the side of the t-case there,s a position sensor tells the tccm what gear the t-case is in. When the position sensor malfunctions the tccm dosn,t know what gear the t-case is in and sometimes can change positions on it,s own. Usually will set a co327 code. On the newer trucks you can get the sensor separately. On the older trucks you might have to buy the whole motor not cheap around 1k. The sensor is around a 100 bucks. Good luck Mike

RIVERTIME247
02-04-2007, 02:55 PM
thank you mike i will us this info and check it out....now its time to enjoy superbowl! thanks again
scott