PDA

View Full Version : Dining in Anaheim

NoCal NoBoat
02-04-2007, 12:07 PM
My wife and I are making a Disneyland trip.
Last time, we were able to have dinner at Napa Rose at the Grand California hotel, and the Vineyard Room in DCA, and thought them both excellent.
But we've had very uneven meals in the rest of Downtown Disney, and we're driving this trip.
So, where do the locals dine out in Anaheim ? We're staying on Harbor, near the Mouse's House...
Thanks for any advice !

Outnumbered
02-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Last time, we were able to have dinner at Napa Rose at the Grand California hotel, and the Vineyard Room in DCA, and thought them both excellent.
But we've had very uneven meals in the rest of Downtown Disney, and we're driving this trip.
So, where do the locals dine out in Anaheim ? We're staying on Harbor, near the Mouse's House...
Thanks for any advice !
I think Fritz Too has a menu:devil:

4DAY4PLAY
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Depends how far away from the resort area you want to drive....IN the resort area there is now a Mortons steak house on Harbor blvd, also, just a few blocks south on harbor from disneyland in Garden Grove theres several restaraunts, for great views of the OC on Chapman Ave in Orange (about 3 miles away) theres the orange county mining company, and on top of the hill orange hills restaraunt. Tell me what you want to eat and i'll tell you whats closest. I know the area.

disco_charger
02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/

OCMerrill
02-04-2007, 12:35 PM
for great views of the OC on Chapman Ave in Orange (about 3 miles away) theres the orange county mining company, and on top of the hill orange hills restaraunt. Tell me what you want to eat and i'll tell you whats closest. I know the area.
These are excellent suggestions. Call ahead for reservations.
Maybe a bit further than 3 miles but still less than a 15 min. drive. Take Katella east to State College. Turn Right, go about a mile, turn left on Chapman. You will go through the Chapman Circle (old town, vintage shops and stuff) continue east, under the 55 fwy, keep going about another 2 miles or so and you will see the restaurants up the hill on your right. Just as you start to go up the Mining Co is 1st and as you reach the top you will see the Orange Hill.
Mining Co. is more informal, American Food with fantastic views.
Orange Hill is higher up the hill (more view...both restaurants can see a far as the weather permits though) a bit more upscale and a bit more pricey. Acclaimed Food.
As far as something different locally these will bring it.

LUVNLIFE
02-04-2007, 12:47 PM
The Catch on State College and Gene Autry right across from the stadium has a steak and deafood menu. Petty nice place with an extensive wine menu.:)

superdave013
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Don't know what you are looking for but this is a fantastic little Italian place.
http://www.mamacozza.com/

Pussywhippled
02-04-2007, 01:14 PM
The Catch on State College and Gene Autry right across from the stadium has a steak and deafood menu. Petty nice place with an extensive wine menu.:)
What he said...

NoCal NoBoat
02-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the tips ! They all sound great. My daughter would love the menu at the Anaheim White House. I would try the Gwen Stefani Ravioli just because...
My wife usually orders the grilled seafood - I'm all over the menu...
Just tired of the "Patina Group Tour" (Catal, Naples, Tortilla Jo's) every time.
Catal was pretty good, Naples is reliable for us, but I've never had a good meal at Tortilla Jo's (the tequila list is great, though).
Don't mind the price for great food/service, but the menu prices at Mr. Stox raised my eyebrows a bit...
Thanks again ! Any more ? How about Mexican ?

TRUMP TIGHT
02-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for any advice !
You have to hit Fudrucker's! Best hamburgers around and they have fresh produces for you to put on yourself. I suggest getting the mooyie gooyie sundae for dessert!:D
Its on Beach and Orangethorpe just North of the 91fwy.

TRUMP TIGHT
02-04-2007, 02:15 PM
How about Mexican ?
There is a great roach coach that hits over on main in San tana during lunch.:D:D:D

Mrs.HLB
02-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks for any advice !
We go to Ricardo's. They are on Katella Ave. & California. West of Tustin Ave. Great Mexican food and service!!
Have a fun trip!
Mrs.HLB